LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Doing some more searching at the moment, I found an Agents of Shield torso from the Helicarrier:

6112612.jpg Element ID: 6112612

40 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Doing some more searching at the moment, I found an Agents of Shield torso from the Helicarrier:

Element ID: 6112612

I don't mean to discourage you, but that's been available for awhile now.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

I don't mean to discourage you, but that's been available for awhile now.

Yeah, didn't know when it came available and if it had ever gone out of stock before. Take it as a friendly reminder that it is still available, then. :wink:

On 3/27/2017 at 9:23 PM, Exetrius said:

Yeah, didn't know when it came available and if it had ever gone out of stock before. Take it as a friendly reminder that it is still available, then. :wink:

Perfect to get a cheaper Maria Hill! And for those SHIELD arms to update other SHIELD figs should you be doing that sort of thing.

How often do they put new pieces in Bricks & Pieces? I'm wondering how often I should log on and search for stuff that was previously unavailable.

Also, I noticed Ninjago Season 1 ninja hoods had at least two different design numbers and one turned up all sold out, and the other turned up maybe two colors available. Why do the same designs (seemingly same), have different design numbers?

Searching 76382, I did not see that SHIELD torso. Do torsos have more than one design number?

29 minutes ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

How often do they put new pieces in Bricks & Pieces? I'm wondering how often I should log on and search for stuff that was previously unavailable.

Also, I noticed Ninjago Season 1 ninja hoods had at least two different design numbers and one turned up all sold out, and the other turned up maybe two colors available. Why do the same designs (seemingly same), have different design numbers?

Searching 76382, I did not see that SHIELD torso. Do torsos have more than one design number?

It's definitely on there - what is 76382? I searched under set number (76042) and the torso, legs and hair for Maria Hill are all still on there.

The torso design number of 76382 and the element ID which is 88585 show up different amounts of torsos. 700+ for the former and just over 480 for the latter. Maria Hill's torso shows up under the 88585 number.

These are the only new unique pieces i could find from 2017 :classic:

6186335.jpg $0.71 cents

6164191.jpg $0.97 cents

6167358.jpg $0.45 

6166882.jpg $1.28

You guys can thank me later :wink:

Edited by Amazing Bricks

The last one is typically what you wanna buy on Bricklink, large parts like this are almost always several times cheaper on BL.

I ordered an extra one of those Nexo Knights Battle Suit cockpits to use on a cross between my own Samurai X and Salvage MEC using constraction jumbo balljoints and an eggshell canopy. Used a 90 degree angular 2x2/2x2 to mount the shoulders and arms to the back.

Also, I had my sights on a Ninjago Cole torso and yellow Zane head, but last checked, sold out. I'm guessing they'll never be available again.

How is BrickLink able to sell parts cheaper than Lego does? Is this fake/used stuff?

Seems like the vast majority of 88585 torsos are licensed and sold out.

Edited by BubbaFit45531

15 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

How is BrickLink able to sell parts cheaper than Lego does? Is this fake/used stuff?

4 reasons I can imagine:

-minifigs! I'm glad I'm not into collecting them, because they're what has the most value in a set, and that's because of minifigs that you have so many redundand parts on BL, they're kinda "leftovers" and the prices can go down as there are too many of the same part

-average. A rare tiny part can cost 10x more than a large part on BL, but eventually the set's average price/part may be the same (or higher). What's sure is that prices match nowhere, there's no consistency between Lego's (where large parts seem to be typically more expensive) prices & BL prices, and between BL sellers themselves (BL also being the only place where, in the same shop, you'll find used parts at higher prices than new ones)

-demand. If a large part is generally cheap on BL, it's because BL is for adult MOCers who generally consider large parts as "cheat pieces". Also large parts are harder to fit in a design, often if you have a large part in your MOC, that's because you started your MOC around it. There's certainly a much higher demand for a tiny useful part than a large cheat piece. I've seen some good MOCs using those Nexo Knights cockpits, but they were interesting because they were new. I bought one, will probably use it once, but because of its limitations (it's nice to have a minifig enclosed in a small solid space, but I didn't really need this part to achieve this), it will probably be considered as a cheat piece without enough advantages, by many. And when you cover it fully, it starts to lose its advantages.
Then you have those huge boat parts, I'm not saying it's impossible to make great MOCs around them, but I can't imagine MOCers using boat parts to make.. boats. Used for roofs, windows, yeah, but that stops being original if everyone does it.

-sales. A set that goes on heavy sale because no one wanted it as a set, still has value as parts, and is bought by BL sellers

Never got any fake on BL. I'm not even aware of any fake around, with the Lego logo, that is. What's the plague on BL is more the quality of used parts. But again, even all chewed up & full of diseases, these are quite often more expensive than new..

Edited by anothergol

13 hours ago, anothergol said:

<snip>

Never got any fake on BL. I'm not even aware of any fake around, with the Lego logo, that is. What's the plague on BL is more the quality of used parts. But again, even all chewed up & full of diseases, these are quite often more expensive than new..

I have a few "fake" pieces I received via BL sitting on my desk. These are typically pieces bought as Used in larger quantities, and the seller picked them up as used bulk before sorting and listing. I know they are fake (or better: not-LEGO, clone brand) because they are slightly different from real LEGO ones. For example, I have a Hasbro black 50950 Slope 3x1 Curved which I got in a lot of 20 and stood out because the base is slightly higher than a real LEGO piece.

50950.png

I also have a Blue 87087 Brick, Modified 1x1 with Stud on one Side which has a square opening on the opposite side of the stud (like in a Headlight/Erling brick) and an open stud on the top, with no markings except "M1" on the bottom, which makes me think it is a Mega Construx (formerly Mega Bloks) brick. This also arrived as part of a lot of used bricks. I didn't even notice it was different until I wanted to use it.

87087.png

Ah. But I'd assume that the ones like the bracket brick are there by mistake (just like you often get variant molds, often not the one you ordered, by mistake).
A bracket brick with an open stud on top? I so WISH Lego was doing that :(  (or open studs everywhere!)

The slope, it'd be weird if it was fake on purpose, those parts costing nothing. I think it's safe to say that the fakes are all around the minifigs (& thus perhaps their accessories), since their prices can reach crazy levels.

On 4/4/2017 at 7:07 PM, Amazing Bricks said:

You guys can thank me later :wink:

If I want to thank you now I'll thank you now, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Huuuuuuuge massive availability of parts right now!
They're nearly all there (some cheap, some absurdly expensive, like the new "cut" 1x2 round slopes). Talking about common parts - haven't checked licensed stuff.

35 minutes ago, anothergol said:

Huuuuuuuge massive availability of parts right now!
They're nearly all there (some cheap, some absurdly expensive, like the new "cut" 1x2 round slopes). Talking about common parts - haven't checked licensed stuff.

Nothing new from what i saw two days ago, no new minifigure parts. I assume your talking about normal pieces? I didn't focus on that.

Edited by Amazing Bricks

Looking at Bricks & Pieces right now (for Australia if it makes a difference) I can see a whole bunch of new torsos available for sale including the dentist from the Assembly Square and lots of the new City torsos as well as things like the new umbrella, the Dark Azure tools, the tutu, the acoustic guitar and even the 2 x 3 printed "Cafe Corner" tile from the Assembly Square.

Following up on that, there are tons of new pieces on B&P :drool:

6159776.jpg

6178696.jpg Weequay Guard

6152549.jpg A-Wing Tarkin hair

6155057.jpg Ahsoka's blue lightsaber blades

6175094.jpg She-Hulk's hair

6172437.jpg Elves piece

6179487.jpg Elves sheild

6179585.jpg Elves

6179436.jpg Elves

6178232.jpg Nexo-Knights

6176608.jpg Ninjago

6158192.jpg Mr. T's hair

6101861.jpg Pirate's of the Caribbean trans-dish

6123038.jpg Peter Venkman's hair

6167644.jpg Brickheadz Belle

6186045.jpg Brickheadz Belle

6177156.jpg Assembly Square

6177768.jpg TLBM

6182842.jpg TLBM

6171852.jpg TLBM

6172580.jpg TLBM

6179788.jpg TLBM

6171840.jpg TLBM

6181523.jpg TLBM

And there's lots more! Those are just the pieces that first stood out.

Also found Yondu's torso, Lowrider Joker torso, Rocket's tail, Ayesha's gold hair, exclusive/hard to find pink parts and limbs from the Abelisk set, Palpatine's legs, Luke's hair... from what I checked.