Sign in to follow this  
The Steward

A fiery Bandit (Free Build)

Okay first off, this is my first Free Build, my first build for Historica period. So it might not be amazing but I don't think it's terrible. Constructive Criticism is appreciated. It features my character Dorshov the wizard, And yeah, on to the story:

The wind rustled through the trees in one of the dense forests in Nocturnus. Step step clack, step step clack. The rhythmic sounds of foot steps and a walking stick echoed through the trees. An old man rounded the bend and started for the small bridge that spanned the small gorge cut by the creek that it surrounded. post-145267-0-96507700-1449781977_thumb.jpg

Ahead of him, on the opposite bank hidden behind a tree was a lone bandit. From his hiding place, he stared covetously at the large red jewel at the tip of the old mans walking stick.

.2215064-o_1a66s2p3o1tdn9sg1qf71v4h1cok4-thumbnail.JPG

As the old man stepped onto the bridge the bandit leapt out from his hiding place and charged forward!2215067-o_1a66s6fkt1vte1uial4hg9914qf9-thumbnail.JPG

The old man (Dorshov), raised his staff and cried out a guttural word. And fire blasted from his staff, and the bandit screamed as he was consumed by fire.2215076-o_1a66sg7341gm3o3q1g11t7oml4o-thumbnail.JPGAs the bandit crumbled to ash, Dorshov resumed his journey leaving the a mound of ash and a sword behind...

finis

(that's Latin for finish or end) As I said already compliments and criticism is welcome, thank you for taking the time to look at this. :sweet:

As requested I have added pictures of the entire build.

2215198-o_1a66vbgt41obpcm6cor1b001tge4-thumbnail.JPG

2215201-o_1a66vbm4peljqn11ia118u31pp7c-thumbnail.JPG

2215204-o_1a66vbr67bn226o1qdlcl2jf7h-thumbnail.JPG

2215207-o_1a66vc02g1sdqdjm1r9kue1m1gm-thumbnail.JPG

Edited by The Steward

Nice bridge! Any chance of an overview of the whole build?

Thanks!

Yes I can get pics of the whole build, should I just add them to the main post?

Thanks!

Yes I can get pics of the whole build, should I just add them to the main post?

Yea, that's fine :classic:

Great build! The bridge is very nice and I like the trees :thumbup:

Nice bridge! Any chance of an overview of the whole build?

Yea, that's fine :classic:

Great build! The bridge is very nice and I like the trees :thumbup:

Okay I've uploaded the extra pics. :blush:

That is very nice looking gorge and bridge!

Trees and rockwork is nice too, but the best part is the story and the burning bandit! Very well made! :)

I think your pics might benefit from being taken from a longer distance, and the light seems a little too sharp, but generally this is a great entry to historica! Welcome - I will be looking forward for more!!

That is very nice looking gorge and bridge!

Trees and rockwork is nice too, but the best part is the story and the burning bandit! Very well made! :)

I think your pics might benefit from being taken from a longer distance, and the light seems a little too sharp, but generally this is a great entry to historica! Welcome - I will be looking forward for more!!

Thanks! I'll take your advice about the pictures into consideration! :classic:

Nice bridge! You did a great job lighting that bandit on fire :wink:

Haha! Yeah it took me a while to make the burning bandit come to life, or come to death more like. :wink: The bandit has some very singed pride! :grin::tongue::laugh::classic::blush::sweet::sceptic::sadnew::look::cry_happy: <me realizing that was a really dumb pun.

That's a pretty good intro - and full scene pics are always nice. The burning thief is brilliant. Dumb crook, as usual. When your would-be victim has glowing eyes, a spiky crown and carries a staff with a bright colored top, forget it - you're toast.

I like the lighting in the photos for one simple reason - the broken shadows give it a very realistic forest look with such a big contrast from light to dark. I know many people prefer more even lighting regardless of the scene, but I feel like I could step right into this. The second-to-last pic looking straight up the stream is especially good at showing this.

Good way to start out. Keep it up.

That's a pretty good intro - and full scene pics are always nice. The burning thief is brilliant. Dumb crook, as usual. When your would-be victim has glowing eyes, a spiky crown and carries a staff with a bright colored top, forget it - you're toast.

I like the lighting in the photos for one simple reason - the broken shadows give it a very realistic forest look with such a big contrast from light to dark. I know many people prefer more even lighting regardless of the scene, but I feel like I could step right into this. The second-to-last pic looking straight up the stream is especially good at showing this.

Good way to start out. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot!! I'm glad you like the lighting!

I like the bridge. I will make a suggestion on the trees-The top of the tree should end in leaves as it creates a realistic eff. You did it on one tree, but not on the bigger tree. Anyway ncie work.

I like the bridge. I will make a suggestion on the trees-The top of the tree should end in leaves as it creates a realistic eff. You did it on one tree, but not on the bigger tree. Anyway ncie work.

Tanks! I'll keep that in mind!

Looks great! I like the bridge and vegetation

Thank you!

In the name of activity and a promise! Sorry I couldn't do ten comments, but I commented on all I found. :classic:

Good start to your builds for GoH, the rickety wooden bridge, over the small stream looks very nice :thumbup:

Excellent fire effects too :classic:

Good start to your builds for GoH, the rickety wooden bridge, over the small stream looks very nice :thumbup:

Excellent fire effects too :classic:

Thanks a lot! :grin: