IGRION

[REVIEW] 75134 GALACTIC EMPIRE BATTLE PACK

Great review. The set is kinda meh, but the figs are great, so I'll be picking up a couple.

Please stay on topic!

Please don't call people out for relevancy, if it's about Star Wars, it's on topic! Edited by Lord Tyrus

I have bought Brasso against battle damaged Stormies ;)

Why would you destroy exclusive variants of LEGO? :cry_sad:

Wouldn't it make more sense to BrickLink the "clean" Stormtroopers, or something?

Anyway, I personally love the battle-damaged troops; they will add nice variety and detail. Plus, they're something new that might not have appeared in any other set! Then again, I am an amateur, part-time, casual army-builder, so many may disagree.

1. Because I have already bricklinked 30 of them.

2. Because I don't like them.

3. Because when I will buy this set I can do whatever I want with MY minifigures!!

Edited by La Chupacabra

You're right, Chupacabra. I was wrong in my word choice and insensitive in my opinion. I'm sorry. If buying this battle pack is more economical than BrickLink, then I rescind my comments. I didn't mean to insult you or your intelligence, and I apologize.

Anyway, so I don't derail us anymore than I already have, I would like to thank Igrion for the review and bring up a new point. Does anyone have a plan for the Shock Troopers? I assume they are in the new Battlefront game, which I haven't yet played. I suppose they would be cool for dystopian, OT-era Coruscant MOCs!

Anyway, so I don't derail us anymore than I already have, I would like to thank Igrion for the review and bring up a new point. Does anyone have a plan for the Shock Troopers? I assume they are in the new Battlefront game, which I haven't yet played. I suppose they would be cool for dystopian, OT-era Coruscant MOCs!

Yeah they are, when somebody gets a hero pick-up and chooses to play as Emperor Palpatine two other players get to spawn as shocktroopers next to him. I have some ideas for mocs with them.

Does anyone have a plan for the Shock Troopers? I assume they are in the new Battlefront game, which I haven't yet played. I suppose they would be cool for dystopian, OT-era Coruscant MOCs!

Ooh, and OT-era Coruscant moc would be dope! You could work in a Rebels police gunship, like this. I personally just want the shock troopers cuz... they look cool. :blush: What can I say, I've got a bit of an Imperial problem.

Edited by Junior Shark

Yeah they are, when somebody gets a hero pick-up and chooses to play as Emperor Palpatine two other players get to spawn as shocktroopers next to him. I have some ideas for mocs with them.

The only drawback with that option, is the lack of 1st person view, and you get the T-21 as your weapon.

But if the set is somewhat inspired by Jakku, then TLG made a teeny mistake by not giving them Sandtrooper backpacks. I mean, when I saw the trailer for the Survival Mode set on Tatooine, the Shock Troopers had Sandtrooper backpacks...

The only drawback with that option, is the lack of 1st person view, and you get the T-21 as your weapon.

But if the set is somewhat inspired by Jakku, then TLG made a teeny mistake by not giving them Sandtrooper backpacks. I mean, when I saw the trailer for the Survival Mode set on Tatooine, the Shock Troopers had Sandtrooper backpacks...

In all other game modes they don't have the rebreathers. I don't think it's necessary for this battle pack.

In all other game modes they don't have the rebreathers. I don't think it's necessary for this battle pack.

Ok then. The only time they are seen with the rebreather packs are when you face them on Tatooine and Sullust. Not when you play as them so the option will have to be a user dependent custom...

Ooh, and OT-era Coruscant moc would be dope! You could work in a Rebels police gunship, like this. I personally just want the shock troopers cuz... they look cool. :blush: What can I say, I've got a bit of an Imperial problem.

The key issue lies with the Police Gunship's windows which are so far, only in Transparent Red.

Edited by CT-22-2759

I have bought Brasso against battle damaged Stormies ;)

Have you converted a stormie yet? I am still on the fence about this. The helmet restoration does not look too difficult, but the torso is a whole different matter. I really do not have the hands of a surgeon. Bricklink might be my best option in the meantime, but if Lego continues to fail to produce the generic in a regular and relatively inexpensive set, the supply will eventually decline and prices will rise.

No. I don't have Brasso yet (order from UK) and set 75134 is still unavailable. As someone said - masking tape will be helpful. I will place some photos after a conversion.

The key issue lies with the Police Gunship's windows which are so far, only in Transparent Red.

Pfff... trans-red is totally an Imperial windscreen color: Pic. :laugh:

...or Transparent Black, as when they debuted in Alien Conquest set 7067!

...or Transparent Black, as when they debuted in Alien Conquest set 7067!

That'll work.

Pfff... trans-red is totally an Imperial windscreen color: Pic. :laugh:

But not with the Imperial Patrol Gunship in Star Wars: Rebels please.

But not with the Imperial Patrol Gunship in Star Wars: Rebels please.

Hmmm... Maybe this will change your mind? :wink:

Also, I'm perusing my builds for this year's Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar, and the little turret station in this set has the same color scheme as the Day 12 set. Coincidence? Or nah?

Edited by Junior Shark

Hmmm... Maybe this will change your mind? :wink:

Also, I'm perusing my builds for this year's Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar, and the little turret station in this set has the same color scheme as the Day 12 set. Coincidence? Or nah?

If compared with the actual machine as it appeared in the show, then maybe not. Correction; No please...

My postman delivered Brasso couple minutes ago, today I will have also 75134. I'm going to hardware shop to buy good masking tape.

Edited by La Chupacabra

My postman delivered Brasso couple minutes ago, today I will have also 75134. I'm going to hardware shop to buy good masking tape.

Be sure to put up the results of your Stormtrooper beautification, please! :sweet: