Hello all!

I want to show my modification of Toyota FJ40 (designed by RM8). We needed a tow truck for Moscow competition and I had only one weekend to create this model. The result is promising but it needs some improvements because the rear cardan shaft is very unreliable. The model is controlled with SBrick. To be continued :)

So let's watch the movie:

Thanks for watching!

Edited by desert752

Great job. I love the blue and yellow. Do you have a better picture of the driveline, particularly how the rear two axles are connected?

Excellent!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Colors are great indeed...

You mentioned that the rear cardan shaft is very unreliable. Could it be this has something to do with the rear bogie being a little weak? The concept is great, but not that strong...or am I wrong?

Thanks for your comments!

2 Thirdwigg: I have a few WIP photos. I'll add them a bit later!

You mentioned that the rear cardan shaft is very unreliable. Could it be this has something to do with the rear bogie being a little weak? The concept is great, but not that strong...or am I wrong?

The problem is here: when the second axle is sagged sharply the cardan shaft tends to disconnect. The damper solves this problem only when the truck moves slowly.

The rear bogie is really strong )

The problem is here: when the second axle is sagged sharply the cardan shaft tends to disconnect. The damper solves this problem only when the truck moves slowly.

The rear bogie is really strong )

Thanks, I see... Do you use a universal joint or the CV joints? The CV joint tend to separate to easy...so I don't use them that often... :classic:

Thanks, I see... Do you use a universal joint or the CV joints? The CV joint tend to separate to easy...so I don't use them that often... :classic:

I've done the first version with CV joints and it was epic fail )) The model in the movie has no CV joints in transmission (only for steering).