Sign in to follow this  
CM4Sci

Winter Village: Shopping Mall

Hey everybody!

Today, I'm proud to present my entry to the Expand the Winter Village Contest for 2015...

the Winter Village Shopping Mall!

23536409261_3c0eaa14f7_b.jpg

Usually, the Winter Village sets are set in, well, a village. This year I wanted to try something nobody had ever done before for this contest. A mall! The idea came to me a few months ago. This was heavily inspired by JANGBRICKs' amazingly stunning

which you definitely should check out. After remaking this in LDD, this adds up to around 965 pieces. I don't think that's too many considering the 10229 Winter Cottage had 1490 and sold for $99.99

For whatever reason, I completely forgot to take pictures of all the minifigures by themselves. The minifigures include: A mother, a father, a child, a female police officer, an ice cream woman, a LEGO store employee (without the yellow getup, I didn't have anything for it) a jewelry store owner, a clothing store owner, and once again, the snowblower man appears. This year he seems a little different.. a little familiar.. :wink:

Alright, now to the mall. As usual, this building consists of a ton of tan walls. The floors are a mixture of light and dark grey tiles.

The entrance has a concrete path leading up to the automatic sliding doors. Two brick pillars (?) with lamps curve into the sand green, snow covered roof. The dish in the middle can be pressed in to light up the chandelier inside. Unfortunately, the light wouldn't show up in the photos. It lights up, I assure you! :grin:

22990788254_d5139bd4ee_c.jpg

The inside of the entrance has a small ice cream shop to the bottom left, and a small plant on the right. On top, a small seat with a table and mug. In the middle, the chandelier! Which was a pain in the butt to design, I might add, I couldn't figure out a design I liked. I thought this was alright. On the right, an escalator totally not ripped from the Grand Emporium set. :tongue:

22991949033_842b387f16_c.jpg

To the actual shops! It also seems I forgot to have my photographer friend take pictures of the front of this section, whoops! :tongue: The bottom two stores are a LEGO Store, and a jewelry store. On top is a small pizzeria with a clothing store next to it. Both of the stores can be removed separately for easy access!

The LEGO Store has a small cashier checkout and Pick-a-Brick Wall, along with a shelf of LEGO sets. I even added a small window display you usually see in LEGO Stores.

The jewelry store has a table with two beautiful rings. Also inside is a small checkout counter with another ring. Looks like the man is purchasing a beautiful ring for his wife. :sweet:

The clothing store has a curved counter with a lamp and a cash register. The other half of the store has small tables with clothing, and shelves with both adult and children pants. Two mannequins included.

Finally, the small pizza place has a cash register, a soda machine, and what's supposed to be an oven behind the counter.

23510485992_4c633fb6b3_c.jpg

BONUS PIC: Turns out the friendly snowblower man is Santa Claus! Who has come out of his disguise to spread Christmas joy in the winter village mall! :laugh:

23251001989_f243cc7900_b.jpg

Well, that's it for the mall! Thanks for looking, and feel free to comment your thoughts below! :grin: Check out all the photos in their ginormous size in this Flickr album.

Happy Holidays to all! See you guys around the forums! :sweet:

Not to bad.

Very LEGOish build with lots of playability to it.

And is that a BricksRUs store ? ( Did notice its an official LEOG store :wink: )

That snowblower could just as well be a snowcannon, for the parts of the world that aint to lucky having the white joy of christmas eve.

Nice build !

Incredible! One of the better entries to this contest that I have seen. One gripe: since it's in a mall, it would have been awesome if you had included one of those Santa huts/ get-your-picture-taken-with-Santa areas that are in every mall this time of year. Awesome excuse to include some of Santa's elves as well. But that's just a suggestion. Otherwise, it's flawless! :classic:

Incredible! One of the better entries to this contest that I have seen. One gripe: since it's in a mall, it would have been awesome if you had included one of those Santa huts/ get-your-picture-taken-with-Santa areas that are in every mall this time of year. Awesome excuse to include some of Santa's elves as well. But that's just a suggestion. Otherwise, it's flawless! :classic:

You know, to be completely honest, I was going to do that. I had even considered benches outside and an entire other section of the mall. I didn't wanna do too many pieces, though, so I had to cut that out. Otherwise I would've, :sad:

Thanks for your comments so far, guys! :grin:

You know, to be completely honest, I was going to do that. I had even considered benches outside and an entire other section of the mall. I didn't wanna do too many pieces, though, so I had to cut that out. Otherwise I would've, :sad:

Aww, shucks! :cry_sad: There's always next year, right? :moar:

Aww, shucks! :cry_sad: There's always next year, right? :moar:

I dunno, maybe next year I'll do a park. We'll see. :classic:

Very nice entry! :classic:

I could see LEGO releasing something like this at some point

The chandelier and the escalator are my favorite parts

Merry Christmas, CM4Sci. And good luck! :thumbup::classic: