Roebuck

Guess the next animal mould

The seagul repainted as a grey pigeon/dove might be nice too... perhaps 3 together next to a bench on the corner of a moduler city building being fed by a minifigure.

I kind of hope to see either a toucan or some sort of lizard/iguana/chameleon. One can dream...

Lion and sheep would be nice, and I'm surprised we haven't gotten any yet... They would likely be too large to be included in a CMF bag, so they'd have to be included in a boxed set, and nothing on the market right now would likely include them...

I welcome any cat recolor! I need more varieties for my crazy cat lady!

EDIT: Also, I'd like to see a new octopus mold!

Edited by telaruhn

Personal I think some of the "friends" animals are an OK size for mini-figures but...

Giraffe could be the next one made. I think one shows up some LEGO video game.

For a repaint we need the "elephant" back more than the "goat". (But, I would not mind if the "goat" comes back.)

Sheep (with a likely shepherd figure)

Pigeon (new mold)

And i still think the new skunk could be recolored into a squirrel, but maybe not so soon.

Not so sure about the white cat. I think lego likes to reserve certain colors for special occasions, same reason there is no blue bike.

For a repaint we need the "elephant" back more than the "goat". (But, I would not mind if the "goat" comes back.)

I'm not really fond of the elephant. It's actually a really bad caricature of an elephant, in my opinion. It just looks very dissimilar to an elephant.

Since the fish will probably be a recolor, I guess that doesn't count but I could see if happening. A Turtle could work but don't know what minifigure he would come with.

Maybe in a turtles lab set before they were mutated into ninjas :classic:

Actually, come to think of it, I'd prefer a better Buffalo mold. That old one would be outdated and be the source of so many complaints...

I prefer the new horse, crocodile, cat etc over the old ones, but I think that the old ones are more than usable too! So I think it is better to get a completely new animal than a remake over an old one if given the choice :classic:

But we can hope to get the best of both worlds :wink:

I do think that a couple of well-designed animal moulds for 'big cat' and 'deer' could cover a lot of bases and be useful in many themes.

As already said, simple recolours / different prints of a generic big cat would work for a tiger/lion*/leopard/puma/panther/jaguar.

Similarly a well-designed generic deer could work as male/ female, different species and possibly even some antelopes. Some holes in the head that allow some current 'horn' pieces and new antlers to be fitted would make it pretty versatile, as could a couple of colour options.

I could not agree more! Lego give us some deer and big cats :laugh:

I thought this mold was used for several including a dalmatian, but Brickset treats them as different molds.

I think that is the same mould, but they treat them different because of the different look. I agree, that mould are more likely to get a black edition than the husky or chihuahua :classic:

My guess for the new animal mould is sheep. I don't think it'll be in one of the Nexo Knights sets, but in one of the future minifigures series instead.

For a recolor of an already existing mould, I agree with your guess. It probably will be a cat recolor, either a white cat or a patched one.

Time will show if we are right :classic:

The seagul repainted as a grey pigeon/dove might be nice too... perhaps 3 together next to a bench on the corner of a moduler city building being fed by a minifigure.

Yes! Feral pigeons are found over large parts of the world and it is a mystery to me why Lego still haven't made one.. Something is missing in my modular street; PIGEONS :laugh:

I kind of hope to see either a toucan or some sort of lizard/iguana/chameleon. One can dream...

Lion and sheep would be nice, and I'm surprised we haven't gotten any yet... They would likely be too large to be included in a CMF bag, so they'd have to be included in a boxed set, and nothing on the market right now would likely include them...

With Lego you will probably get a lizard before a sheep :tongue:

The lion will most likely be too big, but not he sheep I believe :classic:

I want a porcupine!

If that is not possible I'll settle with a Platypus :laugh:

Haha, not very likely, so you probably get them both next year :grin:

Personal I think some of the "friends" animals are an OK size for mini-figures but...

Giraffe could be the next one made. I think one shows up some LEGO video game.

It is not always the size that are the matter, but the usually the "round" shape and always the painting whit the big blue eyes :wacko:

Giraffe; nice one :classic:

Penguin

Could be if Lego arctic moves down to antarctic :wink:

Banana suit guy next

Do not count, try again :classic:

Sheep (with a likely shepherd figure)

Pigeon (new mold)

And i still think the new skunk could be recolored into a squirrel, but maybe not so soon.

Not so sure about the white cat. I think lego likes to reserve certain colors for special occasions, same reason there is no blue bike.

I guess that they have some sort of tactic when they release new colors, but usually not so easy to anticipate their next tactical move :classic:

I'm not really fond of the elephant. It's actually a really bad caricature of an elephant, in my opinion. It just looks very dissimilar to an elephant.

I think it is ok and I prefer your rhinoceros over a new an better looking elephant :wink:

OOOoooo I hope to be suprised rather than something obvious... that said I want a bunny teddy bear.

As a new mould and a proper animal I would like a canary (to go with a miner).

Also it would be cool to see a zebra as a recolour :-)

Edited by BrickOn

The zebra is another animal it is very strange they have not made yet :wacko: It is just too paint the horse mould in black and white, how hard can it be :tongue:

I think the next animal mould will be an aquatic animal, maybe a seal or turtle. I think we could expect an animal trainer or circus trainer minifigure soon.

I think the next animal mould will be an aquatic animal, maybe a seal or turtle. I think we could expect an animal trainer or circus trainer minifigure soon.

Perhaps with a female Eskimo or islander ...

The Dalmatian, the police dog (German Shepard) and the dog from the Pet Shop and Winter Village Post Office are the same mold. But they have different IDs in LEGO's database because they have different printing.

Add me to the list of people who want to see LEGO do a sheep (preferably in something cheap enough that I can get myself a whole flock :)

Add me to the list of people who want to see LEGO do a sheep (preferably in something cheap enough that I can get myself a whole flock :)

Sheep battle pack, anyone?

If animals were released in "battle packs", I for one would start buying them like crazy :wink:

Lego can give us a common animal like the dog or a shark in a "battle pack" with the minifigs, but the more rare animals like the cow they seem to have a strategy to only release in big expensive sets..

A "battle pack" with only animals would be a wet dream come true :tongue:, but I do not think it will happen :look:

So far most of you believe the sheep would be next in line, but that are a clear indication that it will not be :tongue: When it comes to animals Lego never do what we expect :wink:

Yes its a pitty the cow has only ever appeared in big expensive sets (I got the 2 cows I own from 2 copies of the recent freight train with the blue engine)

From who did you get that crazy idea of a female Eskimo? ;)

It's been needed ever since the eskimo arrived. But winky face noted.

Yes its a pitty the cow has only ever appeared in big expensive sets (I got the 2 cows I own from 2 copies of the recent freight train with the blue engine)

I always Bricklink new animals while the set they came in is still in sale. You can hope they are released in smaller sets later, but some are only released in one or two sets and then disappears for good. I found out recently that "Bricks and pieces" can have better prices than bricklink on rare elements like the cow! I bought some cows there in august and the price was at least half of the BL one :wink:

For a recolor of an already existing mould, I guess a pink/white recolor of the teddy bear piece

Ha!

I got my wish granted

Somehow... :grin:

Day 18 - Sleepyhead (Series 6)

23730137801_628fdc5388.jpg

"It was just a dream, wasn't it?"

1. A Koala would be nice

2. I desperately need a new goat release. I don't want to have to turn to selling drugs to be able to afford the current mould sold on Bricklink.

Must. Have. Goats. Goats I say! Goats!

Maybe a koala turns up if Lego go "down under" :wink:

Haha, you seem desperate for some new goats, lets hope Lego read your post and do something about it :wink: A new colour would be nice, the pig has got 3 different colours now so it is hope :thumbup: