Hi Guys!

This topic is where I will be adding updates to the new parts that I make available via Shapeways. There is also a FB page where I'll be posting new designs.

For a bit of personal history, I work in the architectural field and 3D modeling has been a passion for the last 12 years. When I finally had a family of my own, I rediscovered the boxes of LEGO I carefully stored from the 80's.

Not long after, I decided to combine the two things I enjoy doing: Technic and 3D.

Here are some of the parts that are already size approved and available:

SevenStuds%20GoPro%20to%20LEGO%20Technic%20Adapter_YouTube_02.jpg

The GoPro Adapter is the only product that is available pre-printed on Bricklink in a very limited quantity.

Since my intention is not to sell via this thread, you can find more details on the Facebook page in my signature.

SevenStuds_drifting%20wheels%20for%20lego%20technic.jpg

m_3D-Printed-Lego-Technic-Compatible-Custom_Drift-wheel-rota-grid_04.jpg

m_3D%20Printed%20Lego%20Technic%20Compatible%20Custom_Wheel%20Cover_7%20Spoke%20Ferrari_02b.jpg

m_3D%20Printed%20Lego%20Technic%20Compatible%20Custom_Design%20Spoked%20Rim_56mm_03.jpg

m_3D%20Printed%20Lego%20Technic%20Compatible%20Custom_Adapter_RC%20Wheels_Strong_03.jpg

m_3D-Printed-Lego-Technic-Compatible-Custom_Bracket_Pneumatic-Cylinder_V2-2x11_01.jpg

m_3D-Printed-Lego-Technic-Compatible-Custom_Bracket_Pneumatic-Cylinder_V2-1x11_01.jpg

Edited by SevenStuds

I am really impressed by the GoPro adapter! Could come handy.

I am sure there are lots of little bits that are not produced in LEGO, that could be very handy, so this kind of access sounds really great. But then again, completing something within the limitations of the parts available can sometimes be a fun, learning challenge.

Not sure about the shipping from France to the USA.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Sign me up for the GoPro adapter!! :wub:

And I really like the custom rims/rim covers. It's about time TLG released some new rim covers, like the 599 etc.

Excellent, really love that GoPro adaptor indeed, even though I have none... :classic:

For me the brackets to join those cylinders could be more exciting, it needs a little more industrial look for my part... I absolutely do not doubt they do what they are suppose to do... :thumbup::classic:

Not sure about the shipping from France to the USA.

Andy D

It's freeee... but only for the limited units currently in the Bricklink store :wink:

It's about time TLG released some new rim covers, like the 599 etc.

I couldn't agree more. This year we got the F40 covers that are extra tiny. If only they could bring out a supplemental pack with some of their great covers.

I'd say a GoPro mount is a very good idea. Any chance the same could be done for the screw type regular camera mounts?

Like this one:

2011515172444100.jpg

Edited by erelender

Any chance the same could be done for the screw type regular camera mounts?

It can definitely be done. The simplest way is to attach something like this to the GoPro adapter:

"GoPro HERO Mount Connection to 1/4 inch 20 Camera Mount Adapter"

61pg%2Bt643KL._SX425_.jpg

Wow, it looks like a few GoPro pieces were sold, and it looks like the price went up on the GoPro piece since I checked earlier. It must be a popular item, I seem to remember the price as 13 and something Euro, now it's 14.80 Euro.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I like the rims very much. A really gorgeous design.

On the 45 degrees axle connector we have had the same idea.

I like the rims very much. A really gorgeous design.

On the 45 degrees axle connector we have had the same idea.

Thanks so much Effe! The rims are what I enjoy making the most.

I discovered your 45° axle connector and realized I should have searched first to see if it hadn't already been done. Oh well, now there is choice. You have it as a single, which is great! I really like the series of pin connectors you recently did. These are parts that really should exist officially.

Wow a lot of things have changed since I was last active on this forum; apparently now there are 1x11 pneumatic cylinders :P Anyway, these parts are really cool and i might have to get myself some....

I really like your wheel series, i looked some time ago on your

shapeways shop but they weren't available back then. happy they are now. :)

Got my Rotas and drift filming accessories. Need a car now.

Thanks SevenStuds :sweet:

zstcO1kDTOM.jpg

6ZShzM-qLuc.jpg

Edited by rm8

My short wheels review (no drift yet, just first look)

Edited by rm8

Here is a little sneak peak of some of the new parts being tested.

The more translucent models in the photo are made using the "frosted extreme detail" material from Shapeways, which is their highest resolution option. All surfaces are silky smooth without any contouring. Some further tests will still be required since the precise axle sizing of this material differs from the regular white "strong and flexible" plastic that most models are made in.

The disc brake is made with a large hole that fits over the outside of the axle hole extension at the center of a wheel. This allows any LEGO or custom wheel cover to be added without needing space on the actual axle between the cover and the wheel.

The beam with custom logo will take advantage of Shapeways' custom option, where anyone can insert their own text or graphic logo onto the model.

Unboxing video is in progress.

640x476.jpg

Edited by SevenStuds

Here is a little sneak peak of some of the new parts that will be available soon. Unboxing video is in progress.

These are some pretty nice parts! Wheel covers are always welcome.

I also like the GoPro mount on the Dog Bone, in rm8's picture :thumbup:

@ SevenStuds:

Are you eventually planning to design some bigger rims (not just caps) with a proper steering pivot suitable for the new Porsche tires? I can see great potential there for endless customization :wink: ...

@ SevenStuds:

Are you eventually planning to design some bigger rims (not just caps) with a proper steering pivot suitable for the new Porsche tires? I can see great potential there for endless customization :wink: ...

It would be fantastic to. If a serious buyer requests a particular design, it will happen. The main reason why the covers are more popular is that you can get 4 custom covers for the price of one rim. Let me know :)