Oky

Lego DC Comics Super Heroes Movies

Since this is becoming a whole series, I thought it's time for a general discussion topic. You can watch the trailer for the latest Justice League movie "Cosmic Clash" here:

http://nerdist.com/e...e-cosmic-clash/

And here is an image of the DVD/BluRay combo pack that comes with the Cosmic Boy minifigure fittingly. According to the Brick Fan, It will be available on March 1 while the Digital HD version will be available on February 9.

23595790685_dc421e3652_z.jpg

LEGO DC Comics Superheroes – Justice League: Cosmic Clash by Allen Tran, on Flickr

The trailer doesn't look that exciting. Brainiac seems annoying and this feels like a retreat of the Lego Batman 3 plot, just with the Legion of Superheroes added in. On the other hand, I enjoyed the Legion of Superheroes cartoon back in the day and I really liked the last Lego Justice League movie, "Attack of the Legion of Doom", so I hope that they will be able to surprise me again and that the movie will be much better than the trailer makes it out to be.

And yes, I believe in Batman too. :grin:

What are your thoughts on this and the other Lego DC movies?

Who is the minifigure? I want to say Black Adam, but that's wrong.

As I already said, it's Cosmic Boy from the Legion of Superheroes.

Huh. Could've sworn that wasn't there.

Then again, I did stop reading and went out at that point, so alright.

Could've been a more iconic and requested fig though.

When I saw the movies I liked them, though I always think Lego dumbs things down a little. Not in a bad way, but just enough so that it's for a young audience. And if we're talking about minifigures, why haven't they released a classic Riddler yet? Just saying...

Here is an image of the next Lego Justice League movie: Gotham City Breakout and it includes a classic Nightwing minifig! :wub: That Bane bigfig on the cover is also very promising! Could he be in a future set?

25882800531_65b888212e.jpg

Also, what did you guys think of Cosmic Clash?

Cosmic Clash was spectacular and utterly hilarious (Batman, who do you believe in? ...Batman). Going in, I thought I would dislike Cosmic Clash; but the direction was surprisingly good (considering how hit or miss time travel can be). I liked the inclusion of Vandal Savage, although it was a missed opportunity that they only showed him once in the past, and not again at every time period. I'm not a fan of the Legion of Heroes personally (which I why I thought I would dislike Cosmic Clash), but they were used just enough and were well done. And as I'm not very enthusiastic about BvS...this movie may have included the best "Superman"/Batman duel we're going to get! :grin:

Most of all, I was surprised by the use of Brainiac. Frankly he's way way overdone, and ever story is the same with him--but this was actually unique. The use of multiple Brainiacs was great, as was his OCD like behavior. Best of all, they dropped that whinny nerd voice from LB3, and gave him something more appropriate and intimidating. Now they just need to fix their Supergirl problem... :wall:

So going foreword I'm excited for Gotham City Breakout. The Nightwing figure is perfect, and I hope the movie includes a good number of cameos (come on Killer Moth!). On the Bane subject though, I don't think we should expect anything. These are the same movies that have been touting Cheetah and Giganta for the longest time after all, and they've never materialized. :look:

Okay so last night I picked up Cosmic Clash (and Legion of Doom, seen it before though). I already have Batman & Bizarro League. Is that all of them so far?

Edited by Artanis I

On the Bane subject though, I don't think we should expect anything. These are the same movies that have been touting Cheetah and Giganta for the longest time after all, and they've never materialized. :look:

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for Bane. I'm also still waiting for Cheetah, Saturn Girl, Vandal Savage, etc. I never really expected Giganta due to her size, but seeing how brilliantly they pulled off Giant Man, I could see them making her in a similar style!

Okay so last night I picked up Cosmic Clash (and Legion of Doom, seen it before though). I already have Batman & Bizarro League. Is that all of them so far?

Well, there was also Lego Batman: The Movie, but that was basically just a collection of the cut scenes from Lego Batman 2, and Batman Be-Leaguered, which I believe is supposed to be in the same canon as these movies, although that never got a DVD release. However, it is available on Netflix in case you're interested.

Well, there was also Lego Batman: The Movie, but that was basically just a collection of the cut scenes from Lego Batman 2, and Batman Be-Leaguered, which I believe is supposed to be in the same canon as these movies, although that never got a DVD release. However, it is available on Netflix in case you're interested.

By Batman & Bizarro League I meant "Batman: The Movie" & "JLvBL". Batman Be-Leaguered is a bonus feature on JLvBL by the way. Cool, so I have all of them thus far.

It's really sad... I watch all the movies about 2 weeks before the movies are out and then technically I'm buying the figures for $24.99 :cry_sad:

Take a good look at this image from Cosmic Clash, does it remind you of anything? :wink: And I don't mean Coruscant either...

JANJVO7.png?1

Take a good look at this image from Cosmic Clash, does it remind you of anything? :wink: And I don't mean Coruscant either...

<snip>

It reminds me of cybertron, but I don't think that's what you were looking for.

So i just kinda learned about these movies and...checking on amazon UK i can see most of them there in their DVD and BD variants BUT, there don't seem to be any figs with them? Is that a US only thing or do you need to get a special limited edition or what?

edit: UNLESS of course they ALL come with the fig but somehow it doesn't show or advertise it anywhere on the box nor on the page?

Edited by Darth Wayne

Blu-Ray has the figures. I just picked up Attack of the Legion of Doom in HMV for £8.99 with the Trickster figure.

However I came in here to find out if the figure in Cosmic Clash is exclusive to a certain retailer, as there is no sign in any of the shops I visited today (HMV, ASDA) but they had the plain disc in Blu-ray and DVD. There is only one seller who has it on ebay for a whopping £22! Amazon wants the full £12.99, but that means more personal effort as my card there expired so I have to reset my details (and I am feeling super blah lazy).

So, is anyone aware of it being exclusive, or is the Blu-ray + Figure box not actually out in the UK yet?

It reminds me of cybertron, but I don't think that's what you were looking for.

I got a Unicron + Cybertron vibe from the movie, but you're right, that's not what I was thinking of...

That planet is not Earth. Ever seen an atlas of the world? Particularly the area with Europe on it...

Alright, so I've watched Batman: Be-Leaguered and all four installments in the LEGO Justice League tetralogy. Now I still need to watch The Flash, followed by Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis.

When will LEGO announce more direct-to-DVD LEGO movies? I love them so much!

On 3/31/2019 at 12:03 PM, MatthewRC said:

Alright, so I've watched Batman: Be-Leaguered and all four installments in the LEGO Justice League tetralogy. Now I still need to watch The Flash, followed by Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis.

When will LEGO announce more direct-to-DVD LEGO movies? I love them so much!

LEGO Batman: Family Matters animated movie has been announced!

https://www.comicsbeat.com/lego-dc-batman-family-matters-trailer/