WOW!! Just found this yesterday in a group of pictures from a google search. Tracked you down today. I am following this now and would love to build this!! Building instructions would be quite helpful. Thanks for sharing!!

I built this again, this time using the model provided by @bmaurice with some changes.  It works but has a few issues:

• Steering gears are prone to skipping, resulting in misaligned sections
  • When completely turned the legs can hit each other on occasion
  • There are some very weak points in this design will eventually lead to sections separating from the main body and not working

This being said, it's a blast to play with.  The variable-speed remote is much better suited for controlling it, as the walking looks much better when it's not at full power.  Here is a video of it using a regular remote:

Hello BusterHaus:

I tried making this model but it did not work very well for me. Can you post some pictures and instructions for the chages you made?

I would also like to finish the model by adding the chassis part. Any hints, pictures wouldbemost welcomed. 

Mike

Hi,  im also wondering what changes you made. I'm still running my original version without having any issues of skipping or misalignment. 

Here is a video of my version with variable speed controller: https://www.cmbsolutions.nl/lego/downloads/video/VID_20160206_204547.mp4

Still working on the exterior,  not much time these days. 

Grtz,  Maurice 

@bmaurice & @MichaelWareman The most significant change was the removal of the 3L pins connecting the leg to the amplitude modulation and replacing them with 4L axles with stop.  The leg amplitude modulation mechanism moves away from the leg when it goes up and down and the legs would tilt toward the body, putting stress on the rotating 2L beams.  This change may be causing the performance issues I'm seeing.  I'll try it with 3L pins to see if I have better luck.

Instructions are here: http://instructions.busterhaus.com/hex.pdf

Hello.

Congratulation for the reproduction of the hexapod and the instructions.

Very nice work.

The problems you are experiencing are probably due to the fact that the LDD file is based on my first prototype. Many changes were made subsequently.

I start building another chassis (which for lack of time does not advance much).

I can make you pictures of this beginning.

Hi hugolin, 

Would love to see detailed pictures of your original version. I built mine on the info i could find of your prototypes.  It works but can always be better. 

Grts,  Maurice 

Hello Hugolin:

My first attempt at your Hexapod was based on the lxf file by bmaurice. If you have pictures of any the changes/improvements you or bmaurice made would be greatly appreciated.

Mike,

Hi guys !

I just registered here cause I'm looking for inscructions for Hugolin Hexapod's since 2015 or maybe 2016 when I saw it in a Lego exposition.

Do you guys manage to finish the instructions ? @bmaurice, @MichaelWareman, @BusterHaus ?

@Hugolin J't'ai trouvé sur un autre forum ! Toujours pas fini ce plan ? Depuis 3 ans :wink:

@Pepinard I used the model provided by @bmaurice, it was for the walking chassis only. The body and cockpit were not part of it. They look extremely cool, but I was more interested in the walking mechanism and never went further. 

Raaaaahhhh ! It seems that no one but me is intereseted by the whole construction. Maybe one day @Hugolin will have the time and the desire to finally release the instructions.

All I managed to do was the walking skeleton. My building skills were not able to create the exoskeleton part. I would very much like to try the moc again with a working exoskeleton. If someone manages to create one and could provide a lxf file or photos that would be very much appreciated.