Thank you for your compliments. :sweet:

I do not have pictures without the panels, I would do when I have time.

I'll probably make a second copy of the hexapod. I would make more detailed pictures under construction chassis.

Meanwhile, I am still this video (only the legs are covered).

On the front we can see the gray parts (which hold the pivot point) move up or down depending on the curvature of the chassis:

On the front we can see the gray parts (which hold the pivot point) move up or down depending on the curvature of the chassis:

Is it wrong that I find that video sexy?

It's so hard to do something like this, but its beauty comes from somewhere else, its simplicity. I can't tell you how good I think this is.

Wow! This is one of the most awesome models I have ever seen! Both the mechanics and the styling are amazing. I too would very much like to see more "stripped down" pictures of the mechanisms.

The "varying amplitude" for turns is extremely interesting and original. I am curious whether this mechanism on its own would be sufficient to make a turn, even without bending the body. Did you try this? Or is it possible to modify it to find out?

I am speechles :cry_happy:, can't imagine, how much work and invention is behind this fantastic build. Hall of fame without any doubt.

Thank you again for your comment.

The "varying amplitude" for turns is extremely interesting and original. I am curious whether this mechanism on its own would be sufficient to make a turn, even without bending the body. Did you try this? Or is it possible to modify it to find out?

Yes, the mechanism changing the amplitude is sufficient, but the turning radius is small without bending the body.

The first hexapod I did rediscovering LEGO worked like that.

The curvature of the frame came after.

I can not easily change my OMC, so I made today a small hexapod that uses only the amplitude variation to turn.

Here's the video.

Yes, the mechanism changing the amplitude is sufficient, but the turning radius is small without bending the body.

I can not easily change my OMC, so I made today a small hexapod that uses only the amplitude variation to turn.

Here's the video.

This is exactly what I wanted to see - many thanks for doing it.

It is a brilliant mechanism!

Amazing, did you use a series of lift arms to make the cockpit open or did you use other methods?

The mechanism for turning is so simple yet so effective. Was it a discovery by chance or did you have some intuition for it?

The design of the entire walker is also wonderful. I love how the guns pop out in the rear :thumbup:

The best Hexapod I've ever seen! Very amazing look. That deserves....instructions? :grin:

Greetings

Alex

It moves in a so smooth way! A really cool shape, and I really like the mechanism of the front shield!

Great MOC!

This is a brilliant model, and looks great too. You have used the panels really well, and as for the mechanism, it works really nicely.

did you use a series of lift arms to make the cockpit open or did you use other methods?

I hope these photos meet your question:

hex-coc-1.jpg

The mechanism for turning is so simple yet so effective. Was it a discovery by chance or did you have some intuition for it?

Lucky yes, but especially a lot of thought and time.

First, when I rediscovered LEGO, I did not have the reflex will see the creation on the Internet (I still did not know the existence of the forum).

So I had no preconceived ideas when I thought about doing a hexapod.

The first thing that came to my mind is the distance traveled by the right and left legs in a turn is not the same.

The first hexapod was based solely on this principle to vary the amplitude of the legs.

Here it is :

hexapod-1.jpg

For rotation better, the trajectory of the legs must be a curve and not a line.

Second hexapod with the chassis that this curve in addition to the amplitude modulation:

hexapod-2.jpg

New version with motorized armament. We begin to see the shape appear on the last:

hexapod-3.jpg

The penultimate done to competition on the TechLug forum.

The principle remains the same, but the mechanics changed a lot. A servomotor control the pivot points and the curvature of the frame.

The mechanics of the latter is strongly inspired by that:

hexapod-4.jpg

In short, walking tank did not happen by chance. :laugh:

That deserves....instructions?

I will try to make a manual, at least in picture.

But I never made, so it will take a long time.

Edited by Hugolin

I copied the leg & amplitude mechanism a few months ago from the WIP pictures and videos. It's very clever, and features some nice building techniques.

I made 3 sets of legs and got it it to walk, but my body bending mechanism had a lot of lag in it because of flex in the system.

I took the project apart but kept a set of legs as a reminder. Here are some pictures:

IMG_1680_1.jpg

IMG_1681_1.jpg

IMG_1682_1.jpg

IMG_1683_1.jpg

IMG_1684_1.jpg

IMG_1686_1.jpg

IMG_1685_1.jpg

Edited by BusterHaus

Is this the french touch ?

Splendid !

French touch !!!

So nice! If I remember correctly I've seen it at Bordeaux, in front of a cool Tachikoma? :classic:

I will try to make a manual, at least in picture.

But I never made, so it will take a long time.

If you make some pictures, I think that there will be people willing to turn them into instructions.... (which would be awesome!)

So you had to do it?! You were well aware that I needed to frontpage this fantastic MOC :wink:

Welcome to EB. What an introduction :sweet::thumbup: