Sign in to follow this  
Bytor

Johnny Thunder and the Book of the Dead

So here's my latest build:

22942107204_a7b5b542d6_b.jpg

I've always been a fan of this theme but I only have sets from the Dinoisland subtheme as a kid. This build is kind of an homage to the older sets but in an updated fashion. Check out the rest of the pictures on my Flickr.

Awesome!

I love Adventurers too :thumbup:

The cars look really good.

How will Johnny survive this one? :look: :look: :look:

Thanks!

I tried really hard for both of these, the truck is supposed to be a copy of the unimog from Indiana Jones: raiders and the other is just an updated version of the ones in the older sets.

I also have to give a big shout out to Murdoch17, his Johnny Thunder vehicles were super influential.

As for Johnny, who knows?! :laugh:

Edited by Bytor

Thanks!

I tried really hard for both of these, the truck is supposed to be a copy of the unimog from Indiana Jones: raiders and the other is just an updated version of the ones in the older sets.

I also have to give a big shout out to Murdoch17, his Johnny Thunder vehicles were super influential.

As for Johnny, who knows?! :laugh:

Awesome work , and thanks for the shout out! I'm glad the designs helped: I was worried no one really paid any attention to them!

Edited by Murdoch17

I've looked at most of your stuff and its all top notch :sweet: They were suuuuuuuuper helpful!

Thanks again!

Nice build! Makes me wonder why Lego haven't rebooted the Adventures theme. I mean if they launch tv show along with new sets I am sure the theme will be just as popular as Ninjago. Plus AFOLs like me will rush out to buy these theme.

Excellent--I love the way you've done the sand and rock. You've done a great job at capturing the spirit of Adventurers with a more modern build!

You guys are all too kind!

The rock textures on this are fabulous! Love all of it.

The hill section in particular is fantastic, great work! :thumbup:

Tracks in sand are awesome. :)

Very cool MOC.

Excellent--I love the way you've done the sand and rock. You've done a great job at capturing the spirit of Adventurers with a more modern build!

Thanks guys, the landscaping was a very big part of this , I tried to get the hills and the tracks to look a bit rough but not rocky.

Nice build! Makes me wonder why Lego haven't rebooted the Adventures theme. I mean if they launch tv show along with new sets I am sure the theme will be just as popular as Ninjago. Plus AFOLs like me will rush out to buy these theme.

Yes yes yes! 100% certified TLG-certified goodness! :moar:

Trust me, I'd be getting a few of each set if they did a reboot. (But if it's pharaoh's quest 2... no thanks.)

I like the interiors. You should totally do more of these.

Stay tuned for more :wink: (I'm editing the photos of my other builds)

:thumbup: Nice built. :thumbup:

The temple looks really good and the vehicles are nice.

Is the built a reference to the movie: The mummy? :grin:

I love to see more pictures. :wink:

Now you just need to await the Nexo Knights and some books to plant on-scene. :wink:

It is always good to see people building new adventures. I too eagerly await a new adventure theme like JT or PQ.

Is the built a reference to the movie: The mummy? :grin:

I love to see more pictures. :wink:

Yes it is actually! I used shots from the movie to help with the design, I tried to stay away from Indiana Jones (minus the truck), as its been done before.

My Flickr has shots of the rest of the build if you want to see more.

Now you just need to await the Nexo Knights and some books to plant on-scene. :wink:

It is always good to see people building new adventures. I too eagerly await a new adventure theme like JT or PQ.

Nexo Knights is going to be great :grin:, can't wait!

Edited by Bytor