Sign in to follow this  
Leewan

[MOC] Some display bases for the Toa

Since this summer, Lego dedicates each month to a particular BIONICLE element on the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page, where they post concept arts and MOCs.

I was inspired by Corvin's first MOC, published in July to build a display base for Tahu, Lewa and Onua on Mecabricks.

August was the the Month of Fire, so I've started with a modular volcanic area for Tahu, the Master of Fire :

20469410109_5862129b29_c.jpg

20714569208_ca499ba6e9_c.jpg

Each module is build on a 16*16 plate, and the different modules can be rearranged in several ways, as you can see on the renders above. You can see every angle of the model with the 3D viewer on Mecabricks.

Then, I've built another MOC in October, during the Month of Jungle. This time, it was an environment for Lewa, the Master of... Jungle. This one isn't modular, I didn't have much time, so I've built it on a 32*32 surface :

21921656163_58dacf6fd6_c.jpg

22554008031_a90f68467d_c.jpg

My favourite part of the MOC is the stone pillar with the writings on it. I also really like the dragonflies, and mainly their heads, made with a Friends heart. You can see more renderings here, and view the MOC in 3D on Mecabricks.

Finally, in November (the Month of Earth), I've built a cave for Onua. I knew since the beginning of my project that I would include some crystals, but it's only when I saw Matt Betteker's fantastic artwork that I decided to add a Nuva Cube, with Onua's Nuva Symbol. In the meantime, I've improved my rendering skills, which allowed me to make the crystal glow :

23083429359_5b7fa00708_c.jpg

23155605270_b7e7a97a85_c.jpg

Again, you can see more renders in the Flickr album, and see the model in 3D with the viewer on the Mecabricks page.

Enjoy !

Note to the Mods : I didn't know exactly in which section put my MOC, so if anyone wants it to be in the Constraction forum, or in the LDD forum, then feel free to move the thread.