Sign in to follow this  
JabbaFett

Duration of sets from being marked 'Retiring Soon' to actually

Does anyone know how long usually a set from the beginning of being marked as "retiring soon" to completely retired?

Because I want to purchase several sets from those which being marked but I also consider for the future promotional bonus if it is going for several months.

Thanks beforehand :)

There is no way to know, its entirely dependent on how fast they sell. My advice is don't wait if you really want the sets.

There is no way to know, its entirely dependent on how fast they sell. My advice is don't wait if you really want the sets.

I agree, if you want it, get it now! I have seen sets on S@H go from "Retiring Soon" to gone for good in the same day.

Andy D

It can depend on where you are going to buy that retiring set. If it is online, odds are good it will disappear quicker as more people can easily get to it. It may sit around longer at a local store if it is a set people in the area aren't interested in or it is in an area without a lot of resellers. You have to gauge your competition and market conditions. Generally speaking, if you snooze, you lose.

Jeez, better grab that tumbler ucs then. I thought they marked it to notify that they keep producing the sets for specific amount of duration but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks all though for this!

I suspect that it means that they are not making any more, so how long it stays available is dependant on how long it takes to sell the remaining stock.