The Battle for Red Brick Castle:

The Algus are attacking deep in the South of Mitgardia ... and water does not stop them:

800x760.jpg

Their freezing spells bring ice and snow - and soon they charge!

800x600.jpg

800x465.jpg

800x782.jpg

Some defenders are scared...

800x651.jpg

... but the Mitgardian mage is fighting the ice with fire:

800x534.jpg

And Major Marron is leading his men and heroes into the battle:

800x600.jpg

... and the fight against the Algus goes on...

800x817.jpg

More pictures can be found on flickr.

(Maybe you can spot some rabbit gloves. :wink: )

C&C welcome!

In the "Captain Braunsfeld's part of the Algus Saga" you are here: Part 6

1) The Beacon of Bruns Fall

2) Defending the North

3) Southern Comfort

4) Help from a Nobleman

5) Two Minor Victories

6) Water does not stop them!

7) What's that coming over the hill?

8) Where the Rainbow Spell came from

9) AppleCalypse Now!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Very nice build CB! Love the spreading ice and snow, and excellent work on the house and gardens as well, looks like quite a noble dwelling place! :thumbup: And I spotted those rabbit gloves right before you mentioned them! :laugh:

Great build, I'm really liking the simplistic style and excellent job portraying the change from normal to ice covered (or viceversa)! :thumbup:

Hey thats a sweet building over there CB! That garden is awesome and your snowscaping is also great! Good luck man!

The castle is quite unique, in a good way. The colorscheme looks quite regal, and I like the architecture :thumbup:

Neat little gazebo like structure in the corner, and the contrasting weather portrayed in the landscape is quite eyecatching as well :classic:

Very nice build CB! Love the spreading ice and snow, and excellent work on the house and gardens as well, looks like quite a noble dwelling place! :thumbup: And I spotted those rabbit gloves right before you mentioned them! :laugh:

Thanks. I try to use recurrent characters for my MOCs.

Great build, I'm really liking the simplistic style and excellent job portraying the change from normal to ice covered (or viceversa)! :thumbup:

Castle is meant to be simple - the true action is on the ice!

As Kai said, the simplistic style is really great!

Yepp. Castle is inspired by "Burg Satzvey".

Very nice! I love the melting water! P.S. I think I spotted the rabbit gloves.....

Melting water? pls see below :grin:

I had a very similar idea for mine, will have to change it. :wink:

Awesome build, man! :thumbup:

Pls. keep your idea. It will look different in any case!

Hey thats a sweet building over there CB! That garden is awesome and your snowscaping is also great! Good luck man!

I had some help from my wife for the garden... :sweet:

Very cool! The melting ice is perfect. :classic:

That is interesting because I meant it as a "wave of ice" coming towards the Mitgardians. And the fire does not help so much.

Nice battle.......and that is one really red building.........

The red castle is actually built in a modular way, i.e. you can take it apart on all different levels and it also has some interior.

The castle is quite unique, in a good way. The colorscheme looks quite regal, and I like the architecture :thumbup:

Neat little gazebo like structure in the corner, and the contrasting weather portrayed in the landscape is quite eyecatching as well :classic:

You got it. :laugh:

Cool hot build ;-)

Look forward to the rabbit glove action. Maybe in Cat B or C?

We had some rabbit glove action in the past...

Let's see.

Excellent castle with an interesting color scheme!

I like how sharp the contrast is between the snow/ice and the warmer parts :classic:

Nice! We don't see many red castles!

Right. That is why I had a lot of unused red bricks as I also avoid the colour usually...

Excellent castle with an interesting color scheme!

I like how sharp the contrast is between the snow/ice and the warmer parts :classic:

Thanks - that was my goal to make that look ok. :classic:

Love the fortified manor Captain! It's also great how the battle between the two mages is so clear (sweet gazebo!).

I assume the poor goat is frozen too? :laugh:

Great entry, CB! The red works well for the castle, and as others have said, the contrasting landscapes is fantastic :thumbup:

Cool figs too :classic:

The whole setting is nice and the building really stands out in red. I usually don't use plain red for buildings because it often looks odd, but mixed with dark red, black, and gold it looks pretty good. The overall design is nice too. The change from warm to cold is very good, especially where the water is freezing over. The ice just looks so natural. The garden is neat too and has your colorful touch. This is fine entry. Good work.

Love the fortified manor Captain! It's also great how the battle between the two mages is so clear (sweet gazebo!).

I assume the poor goat is frozen too? :laugh:

I'm learning some word here. "fortified manor" - yes, that's what it is. "gazebo" - yepp, I had to include something to show that it is normally warmer around Red Brick castle.

The goat is fine! No goats were harmed in the creation of this MOC! :grin:

Great entry, CB! The red works well for the castle, and as others have said, the contrasting landscapes is fantastic :thumbup:

Cool figs too :classic:

Thank you. I included soccerkid's sigfig but maybe that was not clear enough.

The whole setting is nice and the building really stands out in red. I usually don't use plain red for buildings because it often looks odd, but mixed with dark red, black, and gold it looks pretty good. The overall design is nice too. The change from warm to cold is very good, especially where the water is freezing over. The ice just looks so natural. The garden is neat too and has your colorful touch. This is fine entry. Good work.

Thank you!

Yes, red is odd. But red is a colour I can work with at any time as the rest of the family does not use it :grin:

And I am quite proud how the ice has worked out :wub:

I really like the edge of ice and soil. You can feel how the two sides are fighting for every step. And the building is excellent. There's this classic castle touch I like. Great entry!

Whoa, awesome concept there! Love how the ice and snow advances with them!

Thank you. I included soccerkid's sigfig but maybe that was not clear enough.

Now I see him :blush:

Glad to see he's busy fighting against the Algus invasion :thumbup:

I really like the edge of ice and soil. You can feel how the two sides are fighting for every step. And the building is excellent. There's this classic castle touch I like. Great entry!

Thanks, Jacob!

Whoa, awesome concept there! Love how the ice and snow advances with them!

:sweet:

Now I see him :blush:

Glad to see he's busy fighting against the Algus invasion :thumbup:

Of course he is - brave man!

Yay for a non-gray castle! I love how the water transforms to ice :thumbup:. Also, the almost exaggerated differences in the landscaping are so nice. Keep it on ;-)

Yay for a non-gray castle! I love how the water transforms to ice :thumbup:. Also, the almost exaggerated differences in the landscaping are so nice. Keep it on ;-)

Thanks a lot.

Did I mention that the wonderful non-gray castle is modular and has some interior :grin:

... which I still need to take pictures of... :look: