Sign in to follow this  
kubic

[TC9][WIP] Telehandler

Hi, I decided to share my WIP for the contest. There are only a few topics and it's a second telehandler. I hope it will be worth it. I started working on this as soon as I saw the 10k limit in the discussion. It was hard to think of something small and very functional. My main inspiration for this model is 8283 set. I wanted to improve it, as it didn't have any outriggers and the arm movement was unlimited.

My version has already got steering operated by a gear on the cabin's roof, front outriggers (which at first actually had longer liftarms so they could lift the model but they decreased ground clearance a lot), rear independent suspension based on torsion bars, pneumatically liftable arm with realistic range of movement and a worm gear and liftarm-based mechanism for extending the arm (still a prototype).

I will of course change the colors, but i haven't decided which colours to use yet (my colour pallet is very limited though). I'm also going to make lockable steering via the T-liftarm near the rack (at first I added it there as a mounting point but it kept swinging and locking the steering surprisingly well so I came up with an idea yesterday and I will mount a second one on the other side and operate them with a link. I will maybe add a small cylinder on the arm to tilt the forks, but first I need to make a proper arm :wink:

Here are some pictures:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I'm afraid there won't be many updates soon, because school is the priority :cry_sad:

I am not yet sure about the B-Model. A truck, maybe?

Have a nice day :sweet:

Edited by kubic

So it begins... I guess there's nothing left for us but to have a duel, with real guns. There can be only one!

Just kidding, I'm actually glad you've chosen a telehandler, shows that it's a good idea at this scale. And our builds seem to be totally different, seeing a different approach to the same problem is always a teaching experience. You've got great compact solutions, I'll be following your build closely :sweet: