BrickCurve

Merchants Street, Barqa

Merchants Street, Barqa was a bustling street full of traders, merchants and hawkers. Now, after the civil war the street is comparatively lifeless, with few customers. Many stores are slowly declining and some of the very smallest have closed for the immediate future, their proprietors and staff picking up what work they can elsewhere. The few exceptions to this are the purveyors of food, clothing and weapons. The arms trade however is now beginning to go into a decline now the civil war is ended, most of there trade is now with rich travellers from other guilds. This portion of the street contains the Merchants Hall, an Arms and Armour retailer and a purveyor of clothing.

Thanks to Gideon for allowing me to build in his city.

23156668529_c426bf144a_c.jpg

23156656909_a0c7e4bd1d_c.jpg

23228897440_64fb2dde1b_c.jpg

Thanks. I have made quite a few builds recently, More time = more MOCs. :classic: I will probably only make one more MOC this year though, a category C entry for the Frozen Beyond contest.

Looks really good! I like the fact that you can see what happens inside!

I do miss some more things in the street. Barrels, chickens, carts etc. Although there are fewer people shopping the street feels to clean

Oh waw, great job! The buildings are really good, but de Gothia is right: your streets look a bit too smoot.

Excellent shops, both facades are well detailed :thumbup: The interiors are also very nice, with the variety of wares, and different merchants and shoppers :classic:

Thanks everyone.

Great idea, looks good.

Let's see, what do I need? :wink:

:classic:

Nice build! I like the shops. I would have tiled the studded roofs though.

I started with a tiled roof on all the buildings and then ran out of tiles. :sadnew: Edited by BrickCurve

Nice interiors! I especially like the clothing merchant, that will be added to my HSS post :classic:

I agree with the previous comment that the street is smoother than expected, some structure (for example log bricks or snoted tiles) or some dark tan would have improved it. But since it is a street built and maintained by wealthy merchants it's of course expected to have a much better finish than more rough parts of the city :wink:

Thanks to Gideon for allowing me to build in his city.

You're welcome!

I'm happy to see Barqa fleshed out and the lore you have written fits very well into the bigger picture. Actually, my role as representative for Barqa is mostly to make sure that there is a certain level of coherence between the builds, anyone who makes a good effort are welcome to build in Barqa!

I really like how filled up the different rooms are with all the goods. The walls do feel very Kaliphlinian. Only complaint I can tell is about the street . Though Barca is blessed with enormous wealth and impressive architectural wonders it feels to me that it's too plain and perfect. A texture that makes you see separate bricks would be a great addition. But overall a great build.

Nice interiors! I especially like the clothing merchant, that will be added to my HSS post :classic:

I agree with the previous comment that the street is smoother than expected, some structure (for example log bricks or snoted tiles) or some dark tan would have improved it. But since it is a street built and maintained by wealthy merchants it's of course expected to have a much better finish than more rough parts of the city :wink:

You're welcome!

I'm happy to see Barqa fleshed out and the lore you have written fits very well into the bigger picture. Actually, my role as representative for Barqa is mostly to make sure that there is a certain level of coherence between the builds, anyone who makes a good effort are welcome to build in Barqa!

Thanks! I really should have taken the time to add more detail to the street. I might rebuild it later with more texture, or I might just scatter some DK tan 1 x 2 plates around to give it a bit more of a worn feel.

Very nice build, BC! The interiors are great, I particularly like the clothing shop :thumbup:

Thanks.

I really like how filled up the different rooms are with all the goods. The walls do feel very Kaliphlinian. Only complaint I can tell is about the street . Though Barca is blessed with enormous wealth and impressive architectural wonders it feels to me that it's too plain and perfect. A texture that makes you see separate bricks would be a great addition. But overall a great build.

Thanks.