Phoxtane

Long Term Modular Layout, Phase 1

I'm going to guess that the blurred part of your picture is a CN locomotive. I'd be very interested in seeing it when you are done :)

I think the black edges are a great improvement, they look very good. What size green plates are you using mostly on the top? I've been going through my collection and I don't have nearly enough green plates to build many modules. Would BrickLink be my best bet for purchasing more green plates?

Edited by dxpert

I'm going to guess that the blurred part of your picture is a CN locomotive. I'd be very interested in seeing it when you are done :)

I think the black edges are a great improvement, they look very good. What size green plates are you using mostly on the top? I've been going through my collection and I don't have nearly enough green plates to build many modules. Would BrickLink be my best bet for purchasing more green plates?

No it's not.

18nck8u55xx9cpng.png

Shhh...

As for the green plates, I'm using 4x4 green plates. However, I'm forbidding you from buying any until my project is done, just so there's enough.

Edited by Phoxtane

This is looking great.

When I was in the Cleveland Ohio Lego store back in September (2015), they had 4x4 & 4x8 green plates on the PAB wall. Between those, I filled a large cup. It was an absolute *nightmare* to separate them when I got home. If you're close to a Lego store, keep an eye on the walls. ;)

When I was in the Cleveland Ohio Lego store back in September (2015), they had 4x4 & 4x8 green plates on the PAB wall. Between those, I filled a large cup. It was an absolute *nightmare* to separate them when I got home. If you're close to a Lego store, keep an eye on the walls. ;)

From experience, it's a lot easier to separate large plates packed for PAB if you stack them with one-stud offsets on each layer.

This thread is a little cold but if you're interested, here are some video tutorials on how to make MILS modules.

The basic:

The road:

The river:

Edited by durazno33

I'm updating the track plan for the first phase of my long-term layout, but I can't decide between two versions:

800x448.jpg

The one on the right keeps the cool curves from the original, but the one on the left gives me more useable space to build things in the center, and I also get an access point with some bridges. Both layouts have the added improvement of two tracks instead of one, but they take up more space. Here's the original to compare:

800x448.jpg

I've got my workspace cleaned off and have the long straight for this layout mostly completed. I'm just missing an abundance of 1x2 tiles to finish off the ties for this section of track.

800x452.jpg

It's seven baseplates long - however, the actual layout will add two more baseplates to either end from the curves. I've had to give up the table for Easter dinner, unfortunately!

800x452.jpg