KirTech LAB

[MOC] Super Drift Car (VAZ-2101 / FIAT 124)

Hello all!

Today I’d like to present my new drift car. The main features are: independent front and rear steering, independent front and rear wheels drive. The model is stylized as a legendary Soviet car – VAZ-2101 (FIAT 124). Total length – 47 cm, total weight – 1120 g.

Drift video:

And a few photos:

49385438107_2331c22c7a_b.jpg

49385238981_382d99393f_b.jpg

49384772788_0fee484484_b.jpg

Instructions:

Thanks for watching!

Edited by desert752

Enjoyed the video! I can really see that the three of you take drifting very seriously and I like the competition that there is!

Awesome! I love the rear steering, succeeded in making the drifts look a lot more real rather than just fishtailing :classic::thumbup:

You own some very cool drift car and a really nice showroom! I remember the Жигули very well because it was our family´s first car back then in former SU. You pimped it right!!

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it! I hope I'll create a drift car with normal body in the future (I just need to mount four buggy-motors and four LiPos )))))

Interesting. I took time to check your instructions, but I dont quite understand why one axle has a differenital and the other doesnt?

Interesting. I took time to check your instructions, but I dont quite understand why one axle has a differenital and the other doesnt?

It is because then the back axle is spinning faster than the front so it is trying to catch up with it. This means that the back end slides around a lot more.

I think. Don't take my word for it.

That's right! I've got this system during a few experiments about one year ago and it's working really good.