Thank You for the great effort, they are pleasure to watch! :classic:

I do really hope, that the axle color coding is just a test. From my side is a big NO!

Dear TLG, do You really want to kill the creaivity, the thinking, to abilities to combine, distuingish? I thought, this is Lego all about.

I make industrial designs on daily base, and meanwhile I believe in poka-yoke, I am really afraid to see, how trivial "problems" of real people do I need to consider. As I see, such things lead us on to a way, where nobody can make decisions - even the simpliest ones (picking up a Lego axle-check-YES/NO-build in/search another), fear of fail and need for gathering instant success is greater than ever. People don't want to think, just "plug 'n play". Everything must be told in commands, even for mature human beings.

Sorry, it goes far, but this is not inspiring, but... in my opinion. :hmpf_bad:

edit: typo - keyboard issues

Edited by agrof

I have a feeling that being 32 feet wide was always their goal ;)

Sounds like they (the hamsters) may have feelings of world domination running around in side their heads ;)

I have become so used to seeing your reviews with hamsters that I miss them when I see video review by someone else, really need a hamster to make the review complete!

(Of course, just adding a hamster is not going to make other reviewers better.)

Keep on doing those wonderful reviews!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Awesome reviews as always. In response to your confusion about the apparently useless raising body shell on the dragster, they did it that way because that's exactly how real funny cars work.

p0006687.jpg

That's how the driver gets in and out too of funny cars. Some times the body shell flies off during the race and leaves it naked. It gets scary when parts flies into the spectator stands.

The funny car could be a cheaper source for tumbler tires to make a batpod. :wink:

Great reviews. I also enjoy how you give attention to detail of the artwork of the boxes. I also liked the Wolverine splash, sometimes I wish there was an easier way to open the bags without having to risk pulling to hard and sending all the LEGO pieces everywhere. Fantastic lighting and music choices on your videos. I look forward to seeing more. Kudos!!!

sometimes I wish there was an easier way to open the bags without having to risk pulling to hard and sending all the LEGO pieces everywhere.

Scissers.

These reviews really help make my decisions easier. And thanks to the wife liking flying sets, I'm sure to get the helicopter.

The funny car could be a cheaper source for tumbler tires to make a batpod. :wink:

Pretty much the only reason im interested in this set, i hope this drives BL prices low enough for me to buy 4 TTs to make my 42000 GP racer look more F1-y

I have one question, I love your reviews but I only hate one thing.Why is in almost every reviews in cons that set is not including B model instructions?I probably know it was easier for kids to obtain instructions(But today is not problem, almost everybody has internet), but sets will be pricier and box will be heavier for distribution and another instructions will take space in box.Also we must think about ecology.

Technic isnt creator,In small sets another instructions probably isnt big deal but I cannot for example imagine another big book in big sets such as Arocs.

Well, maybe it's my sentiment for the 90's sets I played with as a kid, but I don't like the situation where you buy a +$200 set and you can't immediately build the other model (which you may very well like better than the main one), you need to look for it online, download it part by part and then either build in front of a computer or use a tablet, assuming you have one. Plus we don't exactly know how long will Lego keep these instructions online. I can find instructions for the Arocs' B-model today just fine, but what about in 10 years? Or 20?

Edited by Sariel

Lego upload scan almost for every set they made , i think if there will be lego company in future there still will be instructions online :classic: .Also they are many webpages that collect instructions.

I remember old sets where were instructions for a and b model, but also instructions were thinner and with multiple steps in one page.Today they made one step in multiple pages, which is great and bad in same way.

I have one question, I love your reviews but I only hate one thing.Why is in almost every reviews in cons that set is not including B model instructions?I probably know it was easier for kids to obtain instructions(But today is not problem, almost everybody has internet), but sets will be pricier and box will be heavier for distribution and another instructions will take space in box.Also we must think about ecology.

Technic isnt creator,In small sets another instructions probably isnt big deal but I cannot for example imagine another big book in big sets such as Arocs.

Personally i prefer building from a booklet, i dont have a modern tablet, and i like being able to pick up a build (i keep the parts in bowls/on a plate/plank/lid for builds longer then an hour) and continuing somewhere else.

Im not to fussed about the B-model booklets missing though, i cant remember building a B-model in the last ten years, they are generally inferior to the A-model, but in the same theme, so i dont end up buying a set for the B-model either (the race truck could have been an exception, i like the stock-car, but not €70 like)

those colored axles, they could be predicting either a good or a bad future:

-good if Lego is now starting to color those things, and who knows, they may be re-introducing custom-colored pins as well, like the now overexpensive black pin/axle

-they really ARE color-coding them for good, and that means we'll have to start stocking up good old sober axles now :(

Excellent reviews as usually! the hamster is, as usually too, adding a new dimension to the reviews :tongue:

Most sets looks good, but the knob on the mine loader is placed in a horrible place, and too bad the dragster couldnt wheelie from motor power (whats the point to even make it PF?) of these sets i will maybe get a couple of the smaller ones, the boat for sure and maybe the plane.

Awesome reviews as always. In response to your confusion about the apparently useless raising body shell on the dragster, they did it that way because that's exactly how real funny cars work.

"How it works" or "what it does"? They are two different things yo!

Thanks a lot Sariel for those reviews! Nice job! Thanks to take some times to share with us those videos reviews!

Those 2016 Technic sets looks more unusual than previous years, maybe because of the more bright colors and choice of vehicules, less common.

Good or bad choice, it will depend on the personnal taste of people.

I'm not a Technic fan, but 2015 was for me a Technic year, with the buy of two big sets, the Volvo L350F and Merco Arocs.

My latest Technic buy was the 8462 tow trck in 1998 and I want an update Technic session, with new motors and pneumatic system.

Those new sets don't appeal to me that much because of the kind of vehicules, even if I like the colours and the fact that they don't look that bad.

The new copter looks great, and remind me of the old 8856 whirlwind rescue from 1991, which looks really angular and not that big now (it was my first big Technic set!).

Maybe I will wait more than 15 years before buying a Techni set! ^^

By the way, don't wait this time to make more such nice reviews!

These reviews really help make my decisions easier. And thanks to the wife liking flying sets, I'm sure to get the helicopter.

I hate to break it to you, but that helicopter won't fly... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding - i don't want to start that debate again...

Sariel, really like the reviews.

Especially like the speedbuilds, looks funny how quick it goes, but nicely done.

Edited by Dafgek81

Lego upload scan almost for every set they made , i think if there will be lego company in future there still will be instructions online :classic: .Also they are many webpages that collect instructions.

I remember old sets where were instructions for a and b model, but also instructions were thinner and with multiple steps in one page.Today they made one step in multiple pages, which is great and bad in same way.

take a look what happend to 8458 it had web page where you could build a C model... no longer available: www.LEGO.com/silverchampion

Pawel as always you have supply us with spectacular reviews :) If you would have time in near future please review the old (classic) sets from Technic :) I know it will be to much to ask :)

take a look what happend to 8458 it had web page where you could build a C model... no longer available: www.LEGO.com/silverchampion

Excellent point. Also, while I share your hope that Lego will continue to operate into eternity, I would also like to remind you that it almost went bankrupt a little over 10 years ago. What happens to all these B-models instructions if Lego flops?

I really liked the review of the sets. i am planning on getting the chopper becausei like it a lot but the biggest question is i would like some tumbler tires but is it better to buy the set twice even if the set isnt you're style