42052 - Heavy Lift Helicopter - Rating  

149 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

I was unsure about this set at first, but this review has changed my mind. It looks great and the 19L soft axle is a nice bonus.

That's a beautiful set. Definitely going to add that to my collection. Think it's the only 2016 H1 set for me so far, disappointed with the Funny Car with its front end, silly exhausts and cheating wheelie mode.

Thanks Jim for the very nice review!

For me a "anything that has wings or rotors" fan this model is a definately must have for me!

This review changed my mind about this model. I wasn't convinced initially that I was going to like this (I don't like displaying models that protrude from my shelves), but it looks a lot nicer than I had initially thought based on the prelim images. I might break my normal collecting habits for this model (which will also force me to buy 9396 and start an air vehicle collection)

Thanks Jim for the very nice review!

For me a "anything that has wings or rotors" fan this model is a definately must have for me!

I knew you would like this model :thumbup:

Well, that's me sold!

Not that there was much chance that I wouldn't get this. I don't know how lego do this, every time I think I won't get any new sets this year they think up something else!

Wonderful review, thank you. I think this is my favorite of the 1H sets I've seen so far 8856 was a favorite of mine (and still on display), unfortunately 9396 was during my dark ages.

Thanks for the great review, Jim! The quality of this set is surprisingly good. Without this set, the 2016 1H release would be a complete disappointment to me.

Any idea on the US release time? Hope we won't get it several months later than the rest of the world again!

Great review Jim, pictures awesome as always ! I am not a big fan of helicopters, but this set looks good ! Many thanks ! :laugh:

Last two aircraft(Fire plane and this helicopter) have plane registration starting with OK which is czech republic registration, and Milan is czech designer so this is for me safe bet :wink: .

I was curious why there is czech "OK" sign on the body. I though it is just pure accident. Now I know it is not. Thanx for info. :)

Max

It's amazing how Jim's review managed to change the mind of quite some people. Perhaps Jim can ask for sales commission :laugh:

Great review......I am sure that I will also be getting this set at some point. But i'll be honest, only for parts. I love all things that fly, but to me this doesn't really resemble a heavy lift helicopter..... and I think that not very attractive-looking. When I think of "heavy lift" I think of a chinook style heli or a sky crane of super-stallion-like aircraft. Also, the colors are not bad..... but when oh when are we going to get something in like a charcoal or flat silver color? How cool would this model have been if it was like the super stallion in a flat silver color? Right? ch53e_super_stallion.jpg

Edited by nerdsforprez

There is a crane version of the KA-32. I don't think it can lift a Stryker IAV.

ka32-a05.jpg

Super Sea Stallion probably will never happen given LEGO stance on modern military warfare stuff and there isn't a civilian version. You're gonna have to MOC one for us.

I like this set, liked the last helicopter to.

Never bought it because I only buy TLG sets that blow me away like the Arocs does.

I like to have MOC's I can build from instructions that I buy, they are more appealing to me because there aren't so many off the sane.

Thanks Jim for this great review. I am sold the first time I saw the leaked box photo but your review just enhanced my obsession for getting it :D

On a side note, I would really prefer they would release this (or any aircraft) without the PF components so the price can get lowered. Then make the design in a way that the PF function is "modular", just like 9398. Lego aircraft doesn't really fly so I should be able to switch my motors for something else when I am not playing with it...

I can agree with that.

But it is cool.

Although I would like to see a rechargeable bb in a set, would be a big plus for me.

I was curious why there is czech "OK" sign on the body. I though it is just pure accident. Now I know it is not. Thanx for info. :)

Max

You are welcome, fun facts on fire plane is registration OK-1980 this is birthdate of Milan Reindl, but i dont know what is OK-MLX .Maybe it is some roman numerals 1060.I dont know...

After day when I first saw final version I must say this set is must have purchase.This will be great display set because It doesnt look like lego set.There are almost zero gaps.Its very rigid, functions are interesting.Its refreshing that these opening doors are archieved without linear actuators.I probably miss drag racer to buy this helicopter.

Only I hate is cargo, I probably use some creator vehicle instead.