Sign in to follow this  
Andy D

[MOC] A Nativity for my Winter Village

A Nativity for my WInter Village.

I added a second photo below. I put the Baby Jesus in a simple manger. Which do you like best?

23344170161_c06a781d32_c.jpgNativity by MyPlasticBricks, on Flickr

22892681044_42564898d4_c.jpgNativity by MyPlasticBricks, on Flickr

I have been wanting to add a Nativity to my Winter Village Square. I finally made one this year.

C&C Welcome

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Why Baby Jesus is standing instead of lying in a manger?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he chose to depict Jesus the toddler instead of the newborn.

Argh, now I have the song, Away in a Manger, stuck in my head.

Why Baby Jesus is standing instead of lying in a manger?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he chose to depict Jesus the toddler instead of the newborn.

Argh, now I have the song, Away in a Manger, stuck in my head.

When I visualized the scene I did not see a manger. I wanted to have Mary holding Jesus, but that did not look good, so I made it with no manger. Maybe I will look into making a manger.

Sorry 'bout the song stuck in your head, but there is no manger here. (Yet).

Thanks to all who commented,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Jesus the toddler. I wonder if He had a terrible twos spell...

Nice scene though. It works well.

Thanks for all the positive response, it is much appreciated to see that others like my little scene. I really enjoyed making the Nativity scene and it looks so nice in my Winter Village Town Square.

I will post photos of the Winter Village Square as soon as I get a chance to take them.

BTW: I was not trying to present Jesus as a toddler, it is just the best way he fit into the scene and it seems that it was understood that it is Jesus, so I guess it worked on some level. I don't think Jesus had a "terrible two's" spell...

Thanks again to all and Merry Christmas!

Andy D

Love it! This may inspire me to get busy on a Nativity of my own. Something I can add to each year.

I like it, nice atmosphere.

The papoose of the native american woman in the new minifig series 15 would have come in handy here to double as the baby jesus.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

This is very sweet. Did you print decals for the clothing? They look fabulous. The hood looks really good too.

Actually, I purchased the minifigs as a set. I cannot claim any credit/responsibility for the decals, I think the hood is a white version of something from LOTR.

The minifigs have just been sitting around for a couple of years while I decided on how I wanted to design the entire scene. Overall I am very happy with the result and it fits in very well in my Winter Village Square. I will take an post photos soon (I hope).

I did make a manger for baby Jesus, I will try to take/post new photos today.

Thanks,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I added a second photo to the original post. I put Baby Jesus in a simple manger as requested by some. Which do you like best.

Also Withacee had a good idea about the papoose from the Native American Woman from CMF series 15, but I cannot find it anywhere. Has CMF series 15 been released?

Merry Christmas,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Also Withacee had a good idea about the papoose from the Native American Woman from CMF series 15, but I cannot find it anywhere. Has CMF series 15 been released?

Not yet, series 15 should become available at the bginning of January.

Do you mind if I ask where you purchased the minifigures from?

I think baby in the manger definitely looks the best. It's traditional that way. Very cute!! I'm inspired to do the same for my winter village.

Do you mind if I ask where you purchased the minifigures from?

I think baby in the manger definitely looks the best. It's traditional that way. Very cute!! I'm inspired to do the same for my winter village.

As I remember, I did a search on eBay for 'LEGO Nativity'. There was a seller there who puts (mostly, except for printing maybe) standard minifig parts. As I remember, not cheap, but for me worth it because of trying to find all the different parts necessary.

BTW: I just checked, the exact Nativity is not listed, but there are some others.

BTW 2:I forgot, I just purchased the minifigs, the scene is my design, that's what took so long. I wanted something simple yet (I consider) elegant for he season.

IHTH

Andy D

Edited by Andy D