Hello everyone. :classic:

I finished the 42009 Mobile Crane Mk II. It is working perfectly.

It was my first model in LEGO, not counting the smaller models in childhood.

It was a good challenge for those who, like me, have very low vision, but I managed.

I enjoy RC models, and I intend to just build other models that can be radio controlled.

Now I am in doubt of what may be my next step. Build the Ultimate 42009, or forward to another challenging model? What will be the most appropriate?

I appreciate your support.

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

Paulos

Your photography is outstanding. You have a good eye for this.

As for challenging models, I'd say there are not any challenging RC models that are official. For a set, I'd go with 42043 and 42042. For creations, check out Rebrickable.com. This site allows you to find MOCs, with instructions, and lists of parts. Some of them are amazing, especially stuff by Madoca and Sheepo.

Along with the intention to find challenging models, it's also good idea to consider the inventory of parts you're going to build up with each set purchase. If you say you're interested in RC, then I would definitely suggest the 42030 Volvo Loader because it has a full suite of PF motors, two receivers as well as bigger wheels. If the yellow construction theme is not a priority, then the 9398 crawler is excellent for parts as well. You can then use these parts for larger RC MOCs like Madoca's 3662 Baja Truck. For RC needs you may also want to start looking at SBrick since IR is quite limited.

Edited by SevenStuds

Hi Paulo,

Nice pics indeed!!

If you like this model, go for the Ultimate version!

Agree! The Ultimate 42009 is a good next build. I suggest that you build it with the "extended boom" designed by Christophe Moittie. That makes a really nice model.

Agree! The Ultimate 42009 is a good next build. I suggest that you build it with the "extended boom" designed by Christophe Moittie. That makes a really nice model.

Hello everyone.

Thank you for your help. I will research about the MOC you suggested me.

I will also search for the "extended boom" designed by Christophe Moittie, it provides the assembly instructions and parts list?

This information is here in this forum?

Thank you also for your kind words about my pictures. :classic:

IMG_2569.jpg

Paulos

Hello again.

I found the link to the pdf for the construction of the extended boom:

http://bricksafe.com... Boom 42009.pdf

I hope this is the correct file.

The parts list is very difficult to know what the references of each part. Is there a list of references of each piece?

Thank you, and sorry so many questions ... :blush:

PauloS

Edited by PauloS

I agree with the other members, Jugens Ultimate with Christophe Moitties extended boom is a challenging but rewarding build.

Hello. :classic:

Is there any BrickStore .bsx of extra parts for the Christophe Moitties extended boom?

Thanks for helping a newby. :blush:

PauloS