touthomme

[MOC] Sisyphus Kinetic Sculpture

I've watched the video you mention, do you think the walking mechanism on the dinosaur can be replicated with Lego parts?

It'd be a challenge for sure, and it might have to be done a larger scale. You'll notice it was one of the few models where they didn't present a real world version. The mechanics for getting the body and tail to rock back and forth look pretty intricate. Not really all that complex, but very small relative to all of the other linkages. It would definitely be interesting to reproduce in LEGO, though I would personally go for a less comical look. :)

J

Fantastic job, the pedestal is really beatiful, and the chanism is very ingenious! I wonder how it would look if Sisyphus was on a slope...afterall, he was puhing the rock uphill :-) I guess the pedestal wouldn't look so nice anymore...

many many thanks for the full instructions - despite the fact i only have 22% of the parts (i have quite no tiles, plates, slopes etc.) this will be a must-build for me... but first i must find the ONE bricklink seller in germany which offers most of these plates, bricks, slopes etc. needed for the decoration, the boulder and the man himself...

if anybody can recommend a german (or at least EU) seller with a huge assortment of these mentioned parts, then this would be very appreciated ;-)

many many thanks for the full instructions - despite the fact i only have 22% of the parts (i have quite no tiles, plates, slopes etc.) this will be a must-build for me... but first i must find the ONE bricklink seller in germany which offers most of these plates, bricks, slopes etc. needed for the decoration, the boulder and the man himself...

if anybody can recommend a german (or at least EU) seller with a huge assortment of these mentioned parts, then this would be very appreciated ;-)

Use Brickficiency: http://www.buildingoutloud.com/brickficiency.php

Finds the best solution in Germany, Europe or all over the world!