Sign in to follow this  
kjm161

MOC Hudson's Bay Christmas

Here is my completed MOC of the Toronto Hudson's Bay Christmas windows that I have part of in the Winter Village display. You can read about them if you go to that post. Hope you enjoy and comments appreciated.

Cheers

23294547401_3fd474e3f1_c.jpglego christmas 8 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23081454490_2277b44275_c.jpglego christmas 9 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23294665141_7e1ce43482_c.jpglego christmas 5 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23268855282_fe8e12049e_c.jpglego christmas 4 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23268860582_3a0992e905_c.jpglego christmas b by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Yes, this is a beautiful MOC. You have skilfully translated the ideas from the window scene into Lego. It's just gorgeous with so many wonderful details. I like how you have done the snow around the front of it too. Thank you for sharing!!

That window is definitely my favourite of the bunch, and this is a spot on representation. Awesome job!

Wow! This is amazing, truly exquisite. Such detail; I love the vine work on the front of the building, santa's list, all those lovely lattice windows, that fancy fireplace, the chairs are so cute. I adore that globe, the elves fence pieces fit so well here, and I love the addition of the pies (a must have item I do not have yet). Great work! I wish this were an actual Lego set, I'd definitely buy it.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I loved Christmas window displays when I was a kid. I got to see the HBC windows in person for the first time this year and they have a very magical Christmas feel. I wanted to recreate them in Lego miniature for my home.

The North Pole is a bustling place around Christmas. Hope you like the expanded North Pole scene. I have incorporated builds from my daughter's City Advent calendar this year, there is skating, skiing, snowboarding, and caroling going on as well as many snowmen that the elves have built with the snow that only seems to be at the North Pole this year (at least not much snow here in Ontario this Christmas season). Rudolph is practicing his flying. The elves needed a place to sleep so I added a bunkhouse for 2 of them to my general Christmas scene. I really liked Aliencat's Winter Village cottage so the bunkhouse has ideas inspired by that design. The elves of course have Hudson Bay blankets on their bunk bed and the fireplace lights up to keep them warm. The loft area has a quite reading area. Happy Holidays.

23761549562_b96901cc46_c.jpgLego Christmas scene by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23243120343_16c477d102_c.jpgLego Christmas eh by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23243129453_b15ef3a20f_c.jpgLego Elf House4 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23243128433_872d7cb102_c.jpgLego Elf House3 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23243093743_ab42a819d9_c.jpgLego Elf House2 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23574182800_33ff97389a_c.jpgLego Elf House1 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23243088533_784414d905_c.jpgLego Elf House6 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

23787446801_96cdffa1a2_c.jpgLego Elf House5 by Karen Metz, on Flickr

Great build, hopefully Lego will start getting creative like this with their next Winter Village set. I'm sure I wasn't the only one disappointed by the rehash of the Toy Shop. I also really like your primary colors being red, tan, and gold as most of these winter sets have become all brown and white for snow when there isn't any good reason that these sets can't have more festive color like this. Keep up the great work.

Thanks. I made it even more dark red, replacing the orangish tan brick layer with brick facade dark red bricks so there is less of a layered effect. I really like the muted candy cane vibe.