This is a MOC I have made based off of the steiger line of tractors. I have decided to put this project on Lego Ideas, and was hoping many you could support it. I am striving for this to become a Lego set. I do understand that there is less of a chance for this to become a Lego set because it is Technic. I would appreciate no negative comments about this Technic creation being on Lego ideas. Only constructive criticism please. If you could share this around, or just support it. Every supporter counts! Here are a few pictures of the model:

Link: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/114366

2168730-o_1a32b6eoq5mtgk016aab0npgeh-full.JPG2168856-o_1a32efscnva417ci2d03gqbein-full.JPG2168739-o_1a32b6eor9vt1ee018fd1mqu8ngk-full.JPG2168745-o_1a32b6eor646pdu1u6gaub15tdm-full.JPG2168761-o_1a32b6eorg4cfujtmp1fprrgcp-full.JPG2168783-o_1a32digs33nkkd915p9g0ls4sb-full.JPG

This MOC functions include:

Lights

All wheel drive

Articulated steering

Working steering wheel

Openable hood to reveal a in-line 6 engine

Working PTO

A VIdeo of the Tractor:

Thanks for the comments and support!

Edited by Buddy010702

Hi, nice work, i really like your model, the scale is nice, the details are amazing, and i love the functions and the attechments, it seems very robust and powerful, i surely gonna vote for it, good luck, and welcome to Eurobricks.

This is a MOC I have made based off of the steiger line of tractors. I have decided to put this project on Lego Ideas, and was hoping many you could support it. I am striving for this to become a Lego set.

Why people still thinks that models like this (no offence, it iis quite nice though) have chance to become LEGO set? It is just a tractor, not a Delorean from "Back to the future", which for sure will not get needed attention from customers (not supporters, in the IDEAS supporter's votes are less important than chances to sell a set).

OK, back to the model itself. It does resemble articulated tractor, but it is totally off proportions when compared to real STX 500:

mezogazdasagi-gep-kerekes-traktorCASE-IH-Steiger-STX-500---4_big--13013012075377254100.jpg

Have you tried scaling it to a blueprint? As far as I can see after looking at your model and this picture, nose is way too long, cab is too high and misplaced. Not sure about width of the hull, but rear part could be opened, instead of being covered by red curved panel:

pllumajandustehnika-ratastraktorCASE-IH-Steiger-STX-500---6_common--13013012075377254100.jpg

I have tried using blueprints before, I just find them really boring to use, all the math and stuff. I usually build lego to relax. I also mostly focused on function with this model and that is why the back and front look bad. In the front is a in-line 6 engine, and in the back is the XL motor for drive, and the M motor for the PTO. If I could rebuild this I would fix those, but I don't want to rebuild the whole thing to fix that.

Nice work.

The nose is a little long but not that far out relative to the steiger tiger line of tractors. I would say one wheel diameter would be in scale.

22d3fc0e6712dc5cd575d79df1206744.jpg

Is there room to add a three point linkage with raise and lower, alongside the PTO?

Cheers

Surly

That looks really fun to play with. I don't mind that it is slightly out of scale because I can't even build bodywork which looks remotely like anything real. However, while putting it on lego ideas is a good idea, the chance of it getting through and TLG approving it are very slim so don't get your hopes up!

Is there room to add a three point linkage with raise and lower, alongside the PTO?

I agree with this because it would make it more playable.

Edited by Technic Jim

Good MOC, I like tractors and I began building tracked ones several times but tractors with wheels are imposible for me, Lego haven´t got wheels for them yet.

Thanks! I don't believe that there is room for a 3 point linkage, just getting the M motor for the PTO was a stretch. I have also started to build tracks for this, to make it a Quadtrac, but I don't have the right amount of parts left. Thanks for the suggestions!

Nose is to long.

Like the fact it is a Steiger type tractor.

Scale is to smaal to raise my interest for it love the ones with tracks more.

Won't vote for it, sorry.

Waiting on first pics of the Class by TLG