CM4Sci

Doctor Who 2016

Hey guys! I've got some potential info regarding a new LEGO Doctor Who theme.

I was at a LEGO Store today, and I was chatting with an employee. This man was a rather nice, old man, and he seemed very knowledgeable about some of the upcoming products that LEGO's gonna release. He mentioned the Ghostbusters HQ, the Disney CMFs, etc. He did bring up something about Doctor Who though. He said there were about 3-4 sets planned, and after I questioned him "Isn't there only one, the Ideas set?" he said yes, and a planned CMF line, but he doesn't know when it would come out.

Now, even though this is coming from a LEGO Store employee, there are reasons why it might be false. He said that he knows about the online forums and that they don't usually know about new stuff until a few weeks before they're released, so he knows about it the same time we do, from these sites. Maybe he read this somewhere or something else, I never asked him where he got this info. He also called the TARDIS an opening telephone box (which I know it is), I'm assuming he didn't know the actual name of it.

So, if he's wrong, I'm sorry, lock the thread, but if he's right, congrats Doctor Who fans!

:sweet:

Edited by CM4Sci

1) Doctor Who Ideas Set

2) Lego Dimensions Doctor Who Level Pack

3) Lego Dimensions Cyberman Fun Pack

That's 3. So, a possible CMF series then?

I mean, there are 10 other Doctors! Plus supporting and side characters, and villains.

Sure ehs not confusing the dimensions?

Eh, I sure hope not. He mentioned a minifigure line so I dunno. All speculation.

Eh, I sure hope not. He mentioned a minifigure line so I dunno. All speculation.

I think that with the biggest icon, the TARDIS, and then the Cybermen and Daleks having been made, they should definitely branch out. And with Simpsons and Disney CMF series out, they could pull strings for a Doctor Who series.

Sorry, but all the collectable minifigure series slots coming out in 2016 are already taken. Series 15 (regular minifigure series) comes out on Jan. 1, disney series comes out on May. 1, there's also a soccer series that comes out sometime between the disney series and series 16, and series 16(regular minifigure series) which comes out Sep-Oct. I don't think anyone would know anything about 2017 stuff. I'd love this but it's most likely false.

Edited by amazingbricks

Sorry, but all the collectable minifigure series slots coming out in 2016 are already taken. Series 15 (regular minifigure series) comes out on Jan. 1, disney series comes out on May. 1, there's also a soccer series that comes out sometime between the disney series and series 16, and series 16(regular minifigure series) which comes out Sep-Oct. I don't think anyone would know anything about 2017 stuff. I'd love this but it's most likely false.

>Assumes he knows every slot of a CMF line.

The schedule can change or add another. It's not the end of the world if they add another.

Edited by (Nexus)

>Assumes he knows every slot of a CMF line.

The schedule can change or add another. It's not the end of the world if they add another.

It's already confirmed that's the whole line up for 2016. Four minifigure series in a year is enough. Five minifigure series sounds too good to be true. I honestly don't see a reason to add another series randomly, Lego has never done anything like that ever.

It's already confirmed that's the whole line up for 2016. Four minifigure series in a year is enough. Five minifigure series sounds too good to be true. I honestly don't see a reason to add another series randomly, Lego has never done anything like that ever.

Well, the Soccer series has four different variations depending on the 4 countries they're going to be sold in. Who knows.

Well, the Soccer series has four different variations depending on the 4 countries they're going to be sold in. Who knows.

*oh2*

Wouldn't that be the first Collectible Minifigure line to have fleshie minifigures? If so, I'd get 'em. A lot of 'em! :sweet:

Nope, Disney next year.

Really hoping this is true and it takes the route of the Simpsons sets with a few really huge D2C sets and CMF series. There's so many characters that can be offered! A good day for all Whovians if this is true.

Wouldn't that be the first Collectible Minifigure line to have fleshie minifigures? If so, I'd get 'em. A lot of 'em! :sweet:

The Simpsons series had 2 fleshies: Apu and Dr. Hibbert