The swamp outposts of the Moruth had served as the lifeblood of the defenders in the initial salvo of the Nocturnus invasion. The Black Spire had pushed deep into the Darklands, yet they could not secure a complete victory. Initially, Raavage had dismissed these backwater outposts as trivial, and concentrated his assaults upon the cities in the East, particularly Abyssian. However, he has realized the error of this strategy and has recently ordered his Drow allies to scout and destroy any of these outpost they come across. An hour ago, the young crocodile warrior has moving shipments through the back country at one of these outposts. Now his comrades were dead, and he is being pursued by two of the attackers. He has taken refuge from the uncovered still waters inside of a mangrove grove. Unfortunately, his pursuers, well aware of the fact that the dense foilage grows only along the groves in this area, have correctly guessed his hiding spot. Now they drift silently through the trees, bows trained for any sight of movement. They will either kill him, or capture him, it makes no difference. As one of the dark elves aimed his bow upon the area he was hiding in, the warrior croc mouthed quietly...

"I will not be a slave in the deep..."

With that, he slowly raised his spear to just below the water's surface, gripped it with both hands and prepared to attack.

23273011151_6e978826ec_b.jpg

22987638369_7511df9d42_b.jpg

23273008311_b9dbc362e8_b.jpg

23083473040_c17d97f33a_b.jpg

Another build for the Resistance.

Edited by Blufiji

You used some very nice techniques, but the best part of the build is defenitely the vegetation!

Fabulous trees and love that foliage! The boat looks neat too! Great storyworld feel here!

Thank you all for your input and great feedback!

Nice! Took me a while to spot the croc warrior!

That was the plan, sorta like where's Waldo. I hope you all got the feel with the lighting and foilage that you are the croc and are playing hide n seek.

I love how you do a different design for the swamps every time and still having it look similar enough to recognize it as one landmark. And the mangrove like trees are excellent.

I also like that boat very much.

Wow! I love this one! The trees with the roots are just eyecandy! Great work on this one!

My only nitpick would be the presentation. It´s hard to see whats going on under the trees but that is maybe the plan? =)

Great - and excellent use of those strange colours.

Would like to see some more pics of the boat.

Wow! I love this one! The trees with the roots are just eyecandy! Great work on this one!

My only nitpick would be the presentation. It´s hard to see whats going on under the trees but that is maybe the plan? =)

Hey guys, went ahead and added a better overall shot on whats going on. The idea was to be a bit more mysterious and have the viewer seem like he was hiding, but it didn't work out to well. Thanks for the great feedback.

I love how you do a different design for the swamps every time and still having it look similar enough to recognize it as one landmark. And the mangrove like trees are excellent.

I also like that boat very much.

Thank you sir, hopefully my next build will continue to impress.

Very nice build Blufijij, excellent job on the tentacle roots of those trees, and great job hiding the croc as well! :wink:

This is gorgeous. Your part usage is incredible. Love those bowed pieces in the boats, and the swamp-tree trunks are brilliant.

That’s a lovely swamp indeed!

Making the bottom of the boat green as well is very clever

Another brilliant swamp build, Blufiji - You really have a way of carving out such a dense atmosphere perfect for these builds! :thumbup:

I like the story and, obviously, the trees and vegetation.

I have just one suggestion, and that is regarding giving us the impression of being "in the croc's shoes" so to speak. I think a picture from a very low point of view, peeking out between the undergrowth might have helped doing that, although I do appreciate how hard such photos can be to take... :sceptic:

Nonetheless, this is a great build, and I really hope the croc wins!

LastlyI think the Black Spire(/Carthage) should be destroyed... :tongue:

Another brilliant swamp build, Blufiji - You really have a way of carving out such a dense atmosphere perfect for these builds! :thumbup:

I like the story and, obviously, the trees and vegetation.

I have just one suggestion, and that is regarding giving us the impression of being "in the croc's shoes" so to speak. I think a picture from a very low point of view, peeking out between the undergrowth might have helped doing that, although I do appreciate how hard such photos can be to take... :sceptic:

Nonetheless, this is a great build, and I really hope the croc wins!

LastlyI think the Black Spire(/Carthage) should be destroyed... :tongue:

I tried that route as well but I just couldn't get the lighting right. My photography noob skills at their finest.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback!

Gorgeous swamp, I really love lush, boggy builds like this. Those trees in particular are too cool, hope you don't mind seeing a few of those in my next swamp build!

Absolutely amazing!! :wub:

Very cool swamp -- I love all the vegetation, and awesome mangroves!

Thank you both!

Gorgeous swamp, I really love lush, boggy builds like this. Those trees in particular are too cool, hope you don't mind seeing a few of those in my next swamp build!

Thank you and you can use them how you see fit, also welcome back.