kabel

Once Upon a Time ...

Whoo hoo! Even though I might not participate in this as much as I'd like, I'm very excited to see it start and get to read up on everything. I've also got a character intro in the works. Maybe I'll work on that a little more now!

Gogogo!!! Brothers Oleons! Marche, marche!

(Before i start building snow sceneries with mummies-frost chima on them! :P Which i adore btw but i lack the pieces)

A long awaited awakening... No, not Star Wars The Force Awakens (but I do want to see!!!), but BoBS!!! Corrington for the win!

Edited by James Wellington

post-1037-0-11530000-1448998418_thumb.png

All that BLACK tricorns...!!!!! ...that this year's Lugbulk doesn't have :( :( :(

Edited by blackdeathgr

Love that scene in Phred's post. Seems the excitement is at an all-time high. Still not sure whether I can commit to it though. Curious as to the official abbreviation/acronymn. "BoBS" and "BOBS" seem too relaxed; we had "PotC" and "LotR" so "BotBS" seems fitting. Or maybe just "BBS" for short. Just noticed AG has 1000+ topics and wonder if this will have a subforum as well or if it will be included in the standard Pirates forum. Should boost interest in the theme either way. Also wondering what happened to my sentence structure...

Love that scene in Phred's post. Seems the excitement is at an all-time high. Still not sure whether I can commit to it though. Curious as to the official abbreviation/acronymn. "BoBS" and "BOBS" seem too relaxed; we had "PotC" and "LotR" so "BotBS" seems fitting. Or maybe just "BBS" for short. Just noticed AG has 1000+ topics and wonder if this will have a subforum as well or if it will be included in the standard Pirates forum. Should boost interest in the theme either way. Also wondering what happened to my sentence structure...

The Brethren Lords have been using the abbreviation "BoBS" because it rolls off the tongue nicely. LotR rolls off the tongue well too as pronounced "lotre" and PotC can kind of work as "Botkuh" but the same cannot be said of BotBS. If you prefer it though that's fine too. :classic: also, 4 letters is kind of perfect, imo. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

"BoBS" it shall be then. It definitely rolls off the tongue easily. My hesitation stems from the fact that the one Bob from my childhood was just... weird. But it's not a big deal really. BoBS will work just fine.

"BoBS" it shall be then. It definitely rolls off the tongue easily. My hesitation stems from the fact that the one Bob from my childhood was just... weird. But it's not a big deal really. BoBS will work just fine.

Oh, don't worry about that :p In Belgium, a "BOB" is someone who doesn't drink alcohol because he drives the car :D I am pretty in Pirate times, that would have sound silly :p

Where is my bottle of rum?

Nice to see BoBs (so it reallly rolls off the tongue easily...) is awakening !

I will join Eslandola ! (To earn more GOLD !)

I am working on some "eslandolan"(is it correct eslandolan ?) crew members for my already done character and I wanted to post a MOC to intruduce them.

So I would like to know if it's possible to post an intro MOC here before the official "release" ?

Faladrin: You can have crew members from the start? I am also thinking of on an esolandolan character. I am curious what you come up with. Hope you get a thumbs up, so I could learn from it.

I am very excited to the launch. Or a pre-launch, with a little more info about the factions? Then we could start making characters, with background stories, crew(?), etc.

Edited by Sir Stig

Faladrin: You can have crew members from the start? I am also thinking of on an esolandolan character. I am curious what you come up with. Hope you get a thumbs up, so I could learn from it.

I am very excited to the launch. Or a pre-launch, with a little more info about the factions? Then we could start making characters, with background stories, crew(?), etc.

If it is working like Guild of Historica, I think we can have crew members, a ship, even a little island or a colony but I don't know if I am right so I prefer ask before posting something I will regret.

I am happy to see an other Eslandolan fan and sure I will look forward for your builds !

I am very excited too and ready for the launch !

But don't be hasty ! A great story needs time ! I am sure the staff is making something great !

Well, I assembled my troops already and made a backstory for my sigfig(s) :)

For Eslandola!!!

The City of Stedor

16622161635_9983391e5a_c.jpgStedor @ Bricktricks 2015 by Maxim, on Flickr

Already in medieval times, Stedor (back then known as Mpya Stedor) was a busy trade hub with merchants from all-over the world. Now, a few ages later, Stedor still is a rich and flourishing trade city, unbound to any nation. Due some recent changes in the Global politics, with the rise of Corrington and Oleon, time has come to pledge alledgiance to the glorious Kingdom of Eslandola, famous for its merchants!

Government of Stedor

23134843474_0693f0f2c8_c.jpgGovernment of Stedor by Maxim, on Flickr

Left to Right:

- Commander Wilfried Drakrydar

- Admiral Adrian Bostoximus

- Lord Mattheus Tomvaximus

- Governor Maximilian Damaximus

- Commander Basil Rydog

- General Reinart Whisximus

- Commander Yohannes Samu

Governor Maximilian Damaximus

23136205323_e23f41092e_c.jpgGovernor Maximilian Damaximus of Stedor by Maxim, on Flickr

Maximilian Damaximus inherited the city of Stedor by his father. As a young governor, it is his duty to take care of the glorious trading city and to make sure he will earn his place in history books.

Although Stedor has always been it's own City-State, Maximilian choosed to pledge Alledgiance to Eslandola as he saw the new opportunities it could bring to his city.

General Reinart Whisximus

23680611341_9e539f24e5_c.jpgGeneral Reinart Whisximus of Stedor by Maxim, on Flickr

Notorious for 2 things:

- Fancy clothing

- Genius battle tactics

So you better wacht out on the battle field!

Admiral Adrian Bostoximus

23134841434_c73de08d30_c.jpgAdmiral Adrian Bostoximus of Stedor by Maxim, on Flickr

Not only blinds his golden helmet his opponents, it prevents him for getting sunburned.

Born at the sea, he can read the weather like no one else.

Commander Yohannes Samu of the Stedor Elite Guards

23763005275_b56e40f9a8_c.jpgCommander Yohannes Samu of the Stedor Elite Guards by Maxim, on Flickr

Commander Wilfried Drakrydar of the Stedor Gate Halberdiers

23395072339_7a229d7106_c.jpgCommander Wilfried Drakrydar of the Stedor Gate Halberdiers by Maxim, on Flickr

Commander Basil Rydog of the Stedor Dragoons

23134840474_54b46ce20b_c.jpgCommander Basil Rydog of the Stedor Dragoons by Maxim, on Flickr

Lord Mattheus Tomvaximus of MAESTRO

23395073319_5cf0dee632_c.jpgLord Mattheus Tomvaximus of MAESTRO by Maxim, on Flickr

Mpya Stedor (the old name of Stedor)

All-Encompassing

Science, Trade & Research

Organisation

Maestro has been there since the beginning of Stedor in medieval times. Nowadays it is one of the biggest Trade Organisation of the known world.

Has many daughter companies like

- SOTO (Stedor-Oleon Trade Organisation)

- SCTC (Stedor-Corrington Trade Organisation)

Also many privateers are sailing under the flag of MAESTRO

Stedor - Corrington Trade Company

23736891956_2aef780beb_c.jpgStedor - Corrington Trade Company by Maxim, on Flickr

Admiral Henry Tomvaximus

Stedor - Oleon Trade Organisation

23136203413_da54ef3b46_c.jpgStedor - Oleon Trading Organisation by Maxim, on Flickr

Left: Capt. Ben d'Anvers

Right: Commander Xavier Hazard

The Amazon Privateers

23680610461_2a3238d6ca_c.jpgPrivateer Soldiers by Maxim, on Flickr

Front Left: Capt. Dave Le Compte

Front Right: Commander Alfonso Herbertson

The Flying Arrow Privateers

17149608231_bd7439e290_c.jpgCorsair Flying Arrow by Maxim, on Flickr

Captain Matt Lenoir

Spoiler: soldier of Oleon & Corrington I have. As said before, I have more redcoats and bluecoats then greencoats, still I choose Eslandola :)

Bonus: Oleon Soldiers

23680611581_2985c71aa0_c.jpgOleon Soldiers by Maxim, on Flickr

To be used in Oleon related stories

Bonus: Corrington Soldiers

23136206863_dcea1d6c95_c.jpgCorrington Soldiers by Maxim, on Flickr

To be used in Corrington related stories

So I would like to know if it's possible to post an intro MOC here before the official "release" ?

As it would be a lot easier for you to tie your story in with the already existing Eslondolan history, geography, etc., after you've already read about it, it would be better to wait until the official release - so no, pre-applications are not allowed. You shouldn't have to wait too long though pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

23480737430_37e130119c.jpg

"Does he expect an answer?"

"I was told to wait for a reply."

"Then tell him... yes. My ambassador will travel on tomorrow's ship."

A little patience...

Better to take the necessary time than to rush into it, eh?

Maxim, I'm impressed with the variety of your minifigs. There's plenty of options to pick from. And the modified LotR ship looks much better than the official set, but maybe I'm just prejudiced ;)

Q: What flies a red flag and sports a 62-gun broadside?

Q: What flies a red flag and sports a 62-gun broadside?

Are any of these guns carronades? That would change the rating of the ship if only long guns are counted.