Jim

[TC9] Technic A Plus B Model Contest - Information Topic

I made these last night to help make TC9s look "official". Just photoshop your model on.

Thanks a lot JamesJT, the images look just like the real thing, they will sure help all participants :)

Does the use of this have limit in this contest?

2730.jpg

Any reply please?

If my question is ignored I asume the answer is no :classic: . Thanks.

Edited by Samer

I'm not a contest regulator, so I can give you an unofficial answer if you want. That's a technic brick and I can't think of anything that would limit its usage, so go crazy with it :grin:.

yes erelenger I thought so, just felt better checking because it has the side effect of sudded building. Anyway its good nobody objected :classic:

Never say never, but as far as my contest limits go......I will (most likely) never limit a contest to studded or studless.

Never say never, but as far as my contest limits go......I will (most likely) never limit a contest to studded or studless.

I feel a 70-80's contest incoming? :laugh:

I think this is a good policy Jim. Thank you.

I assume its never too late to get into the contest as long as its before Jan 31. No?

I feel a 70-80's contest incoming? :laugh:

mmm sounds not bad idea. I vote :sweet:

I assume its never too late to get into the contest as long as its before Jan 31. No?

As long as you post your entries before the closing date, you're in :)

Still plenty of time!

Can anyone suggest a good way to combine video for this contest, or should I have a separate video for each model.

Also, any word on the prizes?

Also, any word on the prizes?

I think that Jim doesn't say anything because he doesn't want to make the participants will take part only for awards.

But this is only my conjecture.

Actually it's much simpler than that.....I simply need to decide which 3 sets fit nicely in our budget :laugh:

Team Vengit (SBrick) will sponsor the prizes, that's a fact!

Can anyone suggest a good way to combine video for this contest, or should I have a separate video for each model.

You can make two videos and link them together with a simple video editor. Or make two videos.

I will get the entry topic up-and-running this week, and I will think about the prizes :wink:

There will be no flagships, I can tell you that much.

If I use stickers on the a model, do I have to use those same stickers on the b model. Can I use different stickers on b model?

On my a model I had to use two beam that have stickers on them. I placed the beams so the stickers could only be seen when the hood of the truck was open. Can I use those beams with the stickers visible on the b-model?

img_1824.jpg

Do whatever you like with the stickers :thumbup:

This weekend I will open the entry topic.

Don't think it was set as a rule, but using it makes it easy to see the model's sizes? Some entries can probably do without since counting studs is pretty simple. Harder would be for models with angled lift arms for one of the 3 dimensions where such a box would come in handy.

I am a new member, and I wanted to know if I need to have 10 posts before I can compete in this contest. Thanks

The contest is open to all EB members (also new members).

Entry topic has been unlocked!

Please make sure to read the rules and include the BOUNDING BOX in one of the pictures for each model (that boils down to at least two pictures with bounding box, or a single picture if you have both models built simultaneously).

Good luck!

Please make sure to read the rules and include the BOUNDING BOX in one of the pictures for each model (that boils down to at least two pictures with bounding box, or a single picture if you have both models built simultaneously).

You're kidding, right? There was no such rule before, so I didn't bother taking a picture for the B-model (especially since with only 4000 cubic studs I didn't expect there would be any discussion about the B-model's dimensions). The B-model has long since been disassembled and I don't know if I'll have time to reassemble it before the end of the week...

You're kidding, right? There was no such rule before, so I didn't bother taking a picture for the B-model (especially since with only 4000 cubic studs I didn't expect there would be any discussion about the B-model's dimensions). The B-model has long since been disassembled and I don't know if I'll have time to reassemble it before the end of the week...

I'm not that funny :laugh:

Actually, it has been this discussed quite extensively at the beginning of this topic. However, you are absolutely right that it's not in the official rules and we didn't talk about the B-model, so don't worry about it :wink:

You probably can still determine the dimensions, right?

Actually, it has been this discussed quite extensively at the beginning of this topic. However, you are absolutely right that it's not in the official rules and we didn't talk about the B-model, so don't worry about it :wink:

You probably can still determine the dimensions, right?

Sure, I had them written down... somewhere :blush: I recall the discussion about the bounding box, and I did make a picture with it for the A-model, since that one was really pushing the limit. But I didn't make one for the B-model, and I don't want to risk getting disqualified over a missing photo :classic: (If I do find the time and if I can manage to rebuild the B-model from the photo's I have, I promise to make the photo :grin: )

Allright, time to write up an entry post then :thumbup:

If I do find the time and if I can manage to rebuild the B-model from the photo's I have, I promise to make the photo :grin:

LoL, thanks! But it's not necessary. You are forgiven :laugh: