Sign in to follow this  
Spader

A Viking Saga - Pilot

23032808250_e50e0867f3_z.jpg

Darn it.

As I looked out over the expanse of the ocean, I noticed a ship nearing our shores. I was the lookout for the coast of our little settlement of Skaljarik. It was a terrible post. as I was forced to starve and freeze keeping a lookout.

That stupid war cost me everything.

I had been assigned to raid the Kaliphlin coast, back when people respected me. But civil war had broken out, and I had lost most of my crew. Upon my return, Jarl Stormbreaker had stripped me of everything. I was barely above scum. May Wulf Stormbreaker die the miserable death he visits upon me.

I hated my job, I hated this village, and I was beginning to hate life.

Sighing, I started down the path.

22959878119_6c8df08106_z.jpg

As I reached the shore, I saw my two friends practicing combat. They claimed to be my friends, once upon a time. But I knew now how hollow those words had been. When Wulf took everything from me, neither of them lifted a finger. No, they were too busy planning pick-nicks and trips to help their dying friend.

As I saw the ship keel away from our shores, I wanted to spit on those two.

Lydia and Rollo. What pathetic friends.

But I just continued on. As the hours wore by, the urge to do something was overcoming me. I wanted to avenge the wrong done, or simply leave before I died.

22959870499_8d5b9f29af_z.jpg

But as night fell, I returned to Wulf's lodge. Because it held the only thing keeping me alive.

"Logan," the servant said. "You look like a wreck."

"Life will do that to you, Bynjar," I replied. She smiled in return.

"Just don't do anything stupid during the night watch," she replied. "And take this."

As I took the package, I could feel the warmth within. "You got fresh bread?"

"And fish," she replied. "Wulf wasn't hungry this evening."

23327732745_b3e090ae06_z.jpg

As I took to the night watch, I ate the food Bynjar gave me. It was wonderful. The bread was so warm, it literally melted in the mouth. And the fish was excellent, as usual.

That's why I can't leave.

I looked out at the sky. The stars were everywhere, and it was very relaxing to look at.

I had almost drifted off to sleep when my body sent me a warning. There was a chill in the air. And unnatural chill.

The Algus.

But that was the question. What was the point? I could let them kill Wulf and his cronies. All my enemies, killed without even knowing what hit them. The thought brought a grim to my mind. But then I stopped cold.

Bynjar.

22699366834_7a4662181f_z.jpg

Leaping up, I rushed to Jarl Stormbreaker's lodge.

I must warn them. We must be prepared for what's coming.

22959816839_5071d0de97_z.jpg

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>(Story ends)<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

23219476842_21ed2247e6_z.jpg

^ Furrier

22699420454_bfed4e5505_z.jpg

^ Courier

23245193011_d8f144e53b_z.jpg

^ Stables

23219451002_fd22236434_z.jpg

^ Fishery

23032808250_e50e0867f3_z.jpg

And a final shot of the build.

Builder's notes: Well, this took quite a lot of time, but worth it, IMO. I am very pleased with how this turned out. And it's great to be building for GoH again. Also, Happy thanksgiving!

Author's notes: As said above, it's great to be back to doing GoH. I've had tons of good excuses, and a few bad ones for being inactive. But I am glad to be writing about the Vikings of Skaljarik once more.

For the praise of His glory!

~Andrew Spader

Excellent build Andrew, great job on the landscaping and color-scheme! Very nice buildings as well, this is probably your best build to date! :thumbup: Glad to see you building again! :wink:

Wow, very nice build and story. Can't wait for future parts!

Thanks!

Excellent build Andrew, great job on the landscaping and color-scheme! Very nice buildings as well, this is probably your best build to date! :thumbup: Glad to see you building again! :wink:

Thanks, Garmadon!

Landscape is very nice. :thumbup:

Thanks! I loved doing it.

Lovely build!

Thank you!

Awesome build!

Thanks!

Awesome, I had the same thing goin a year back or so, check Norra Island

Neat! And thanks for the comment!

Great build and story! Is this story related to your previous story? The character looks familiar but I might be confusing things....

Great build and story! Is this story related to your previous story? The character looks familiar but I might be confusing things....

Same characters. And this is a continuation, but with a much more involved story. Thanks for the comment!

Very fine story and build. I tend to agree with Garmadon that this is probably your best build to date. :sweet:

Thanks! Yep, I'd agree as well.

Very nice! I love the landscaping!

Thanks!

Great built, the rock work at the front could use a bit more work though.

Thanks! Rockwork isn't my strong suit........

Very good job, and nice pilot! The build is fabulous, your best yet, and overall very impressive! Continue the good work!

Great work with that icy water design! The dark green/sand green looks really nice with the bits of snow as well :thumbup:

The top of the building on the right looks a tad odd to me, probably because of how the upper section looks like a shelf :classic:

Very good job, and nice pilot! The build is fabulous, your best yet, and overall very impressive! Continue the good work!

Thank you, as always, my friend.

Great work with that icy water design! The dark green/sand green looks really nice with the bits of snow as well :thumbup:

The top of the building on the right looks a tad odd to me, probably because of how the upper section looks like a shelf :classic:

Thanks! Yeah...the stable is actually my wild west design, which makes it look a little more at home in the deserts of Texas than the mountains of Mitgardia......

Excellent build, Andrew! The landscape is superb and I like the dock :thumbup:

Thanks, LittleJohn! I'm glad you like it!

Looking fantastic, Andrew - I especially like the stable and the waves. :thumbup:

The story is interesting, and I will be looking forward for more! :wink:

Looking fantastic, Andrew - I especially like the stable and the waves. :thumbup:

The story is interesting, and I will be looking forward for more! :wink:

Thanks, Bregir!

Nice build overall and lovely small scenes like the fisherman :classic:

It looks however like the overview shots have been damaged along the edges by the editing...?

Edited by Gideon

Great village. You definitely got that northern viking look into it. And the story will be interesting to follow.

Great build. I really like the groundscaping and your color choices, and I love the shallow waves along the shore!