3 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

I just came across this flickr site, apparently someone collects lego prototypes in colors that were never released. 

Yeah, that would be @whitswj's collection you've come across! :grin:

I like how people packs are using a great variation of hairstyles and face expressions, and sometimes new recolors.

My favorite from the Fairground pack is the Blonde Ponytail on White Cap.

----

On another sub-topic: I do hope LEGO noticed some hairstyles seem to have less friction for some reason and will take that into account in future designs.

Personally from my own collection I noticed it with Rex Dangervest Hairpiece - Bricklink 40938 , and the Long Ponytail Hairpiece - Bricklink 62696

I only have a small sample size however.

Edited by TeriXeri

Looks like Hermione Granger in the upcoming Hogwarts Clock Tower set has a nice Reddish Brown recolor of 15499, the hairpiece only seen previously in Dark Orange and Bright Light Yellow for the S15 Queen and The Lego Movie's Calamity Drone CMFs respectively. :classic:

LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Clock Tower (75948)

Plus, TLJ Luke Skywalker's hairpiece has also received a Reddish Brown recolor in another HP set. :wink:

LEGO Harry Potter Expecto Patronum (75945)

Will Byers' minifigure in Stranger Things' 75810 The Upside Down comes with an all-new "bowl cut" hairpiece in Reddish Brown, while Dustin Henderson's figure in the same set has an all-new hat & hair mold too! :classic:

The Brick Fan - LEGO Stranger Things The Upside Down (75810) Officially Announced

32907576377_1acb8127a3_n.jpg33974287418_f6ca761a39_n.jpg

Though it's a recoloured bald piece Lucas's hair from the same set is new to being a hairpiece, (does that mean that the same piece in the dragon dance set was supposed to be hair as well?)

I initially thought it was a recolour of Dr Inferno's hair, but a new piece indeed. I'm wondering if Roadhog's hair and mask are minifig compatible, or if they are bigger and fixed, as is the case with Hulk. Definitely going to use Junkrat's hair for a custom Sayan, if I can get it. 

Btw, many of the Harry Potter hairs of this wave are available on B&P. :wink:

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Definitely going to use Junkrat's hair for a custom Sayan, if I can get it.

They definitely keep giving us further hairpieces that could be recolored for Anime/Manga archetypes, yet with many of these new molds, they just don't see life beyond their initial purpose more often than not... :sceptic:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

They definitely keep giving us further hairpieces that could be recolored for Anime/Manga archetypes, yet with many of these new molds, they just don't see life beyond their initial purpose more often than not... :sceptic:

Jup, and that's a bit sad. Of course there are exceptions, but for now, a lot of potential is not being used. Perhaps most of the licencing agreements nowadays state that they want their characters to be portrayed as accurately as possible, therefor forcing the designing of a unique hairpiece time and again.

Hi guys, i have updated my list, but I have some troubles. In windows 10 you cannot arrange thumbnails freely anymore, so I arranged them by name, it looks a little bit messy. If anyone has a better suggestion or see a solution, please be free to comment here.  And another question that I have is that my flickr account is not free anymore and I don't know where should I post pictures. Brickshelf?

Here are a few new recolors recently found at LEGO Brand Stores' Build-A-Minifigure stations, paired alongside their preexisting recolors:

No luck for me on the those top two hairpieces at the Hillsdale Mall store...I was bummed. I love that top one & don’t have the. Er hairpiece at all. Also, I saw the 50’s waitress CMF hair in black, pretty sure that hasn’t been in a set. 

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Also, I saw the 50’s waitress CMF hair in black, pretty sure that hasn’t been in a set. 

Tarantula in one of the LEGO Batman Movie sets had it.

49 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

Tarantula in one of the LEGO Batman Movie sets had it.

:facepalm: I should’ve known that...I own that set. 

On 7/2/2019 at 1:16 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few new recolors recently found at LEGO Brand Stores' Build-A-Minifigure stations, paired alongside their preexisting recolors:

Thanx @Digger of Bricks for posting these.

Do you think that you can order these hairpieces on bricks and pieces too? aaaah i need them for my collection asap :blush:

Edited by cebelicamya

Series 19's blind-bag packet has leaked, revealing two CMFs that'll be giving us a Medium Lavender recolor of the "beehive" hairpiece and what looks to be a green recolor of that hairpiece with headphones introduced with 2017's The Last Jedi sets. :classic:

20 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

https://brickset.com/article/45134/the-one-with-the-new-lego-ideas-set

What a nice set, didn't expect it. So new Rachel hairpiece, anything else new that i missed out ?

Rachel's looks to be the same as the CMF Vet (https://brickset.com/sets/71018-5/Veterinarian). To answer your question, I have spotted a golden Vitruvius beard on a statue in the HP advent calendar, which is awesome! See the image on this page: https://www.hothbricks.com/lego-75964-lego-harry-potter-advent-calendar-2019-encore-des-visuels/.

Also, the Spring Yellowish Green hairpieces from Hidden Side and Parker's hair (Also Hidden Side), maybe? I'm out of the loop too...

On 8/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, Exetrius said:

Rachel's looks to be the same as the CMF Vet (https://brickset.com/sets/71018-5/Veterinarian). To answer your question, I have spotted a golden Vitruvius beard on a statue in the HP advent calendar, which is awesome! See the image on this page: https://www.hothbricks.com/lego-75964-lego-harry-potter-advent-calendar-2019-encore-des-visuels/.

Also, the Spring Yellowish Green hairpieces from Hidden Side and Parker's hair (Also Hidden Side), maybe? I'm out of the loop too...

Oh yes, i forgot about the Vet hairpiece, probably it is the same color. Hp advent calendar is so cool, we get 6 minifigures plus a golden monofig! I like Harry and Ron torsos. 

I need to update the list, again ?. These days lego produces so many new hairpieces in different colors, it is hard to keep up! 

Edited by cebelicamya

6 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

I need to update the list, again ?. These days lego produces so many new hairpieces in different colors, it is hard to keep up! 

It feels like the amount of new hairpieces appearing every year has been doubling for years on end... That said, I see a lot of recolours too, which I really appreciate!

In other news, Roadhog - the Overwatch bigfig - has 'standard' minifig hair, as opposed to being larger and fixed. It looks anything but standard though, with the big mask and white hair colour. :grin: