Set rating  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding
  2. 2. Do you like this new approach of designing the LEGO Architecture sets?

• Yes
    • Neutral
    • No

The instructions are extremely clear and easy to follow. And I mean it.

Not quite. There's a misprint in the booklet. Step 30 shows you to layout the building plates one way, then the next few steps have them in a different order, only for them to revert back to the original way on Step 35. It theoretically doesn't affect the build as at this stage, you're working on the ESB and the misprint is related to the Flatiron & Chrysler buildings. However, when I spotted it on Step 31, I ended up thinking this was the correct way rather than Step 30 and "fixed" it only to then have to fix it back at Step 35.

As for the set, this is our first Architecture set. My 6 year old son is crazy about skyscrapers and has been making his own versions of various buildings including ESB, so when the catalogue arrived yesterday and we saw this set was available today, off we went to the Lego store with his Christmas money. The build is somewhat monotonous (as I imagine most Architecture sets are) so I let him do all the work, as he was super excited about it. The ESB is the only one of the buildings that resembles the real thing, so it's a little disappointing in that regard. But my son loves the set, and that's all that matters.

Edited by Swift

Can you give a little more detail regarding your correct order modification? I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to reconfigure the base, and i vastly prefer your sequence, as it matches the real order of the skyline.