WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71011 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15  

243 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 15?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 15?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series

Thanks so much for the amazing review, as awlays Whitefang! This is a great series! So psyched to have another "traditional" series. That astronaut has some insane printing...

Thanks for tis wonderfull review! Very nice pictures uns really great combinations and cool comments.

This serie (for me) is very usefull, so I can create some cool stories!

Thanks!

:sweet: LegoSharky

Mr. "Shark Suit Guy" is my favorite :wink:

Thank you for the review - the janitor, farmer (for the pig), animal control woman (for the skunk), jewel thief (to go with the brick bank), clumsy guy & shark suit guy are now definitely on my want list.

Clumsy guy is my favourite.

Both worthless.

Which just goes to show that different people like different things and statements calling things 'worst' or 'worthless' are themselves subjective and worthless.

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful and nice comments. It's certainly encouraging to me to be able to know that this review has served to be useful to most of you. I hope this review will serve as an important LEGO CMFs resource as well. I have updated four new images into the review. I will deeplink those new images in my comment below.

Request: could you post a pic of the Minotaur with the Satyr legs?

Here you go, lego tripper. Hope it helps.

23070657283_efe12b4f19_o_d.jpg

WhiteFang, can you take a photo of the wrestler head on the Highland Battler? I want to see if that blue face paint can pass as woad.

Sorry Blakstone, I misread your request. I will redo it for you if an opportunity present itself again. Meanwhile, I hope this alternate image will be of interest to you.

23697694765_57abbde051_o_d.jpg

When I was younger, it was hard for me to choose between a theme, so I tried to have some sets from each themes, with the more representative figures and specific parts. And those series are exactly in this way! So, ok, I don't have all the Castle sets and I'm not the bigger Castle fan and/or collector, but I'm quite happy to have my representation of this line in my collection.

Adding some diversity from each themes is for me always good!

Well said, alex54. I shared your sentiments too.

You're pictures are always good, even if the white pieces are not visible with the white background, but it's a really minor details.

Working with white on white is truly challenging and equally annoying. This is the best I could do based on my limited resources.

Here's a strange question. Could we have a picture of the underside of the Queen's dress?

Apologies, I haven't managed to take an image yet. Will do once I have a chance to do so.

I expect it to look like a normal 2x4 brick from down under. But the proof is in the pudding!

Nope, the Queen is not the normal 2x4 brick base. It's a 1x2 brick base in the centre and both sides with hollow area.

Is the Queen's dress the same height as normal minifigure legs? Or is it taller, like the old slanted dress piece?

As mentioned by the rest, the height is the same as the regular LEGO minifigure standard leg. The legs are flushed at the same waist.

The wings from the mech actually first appeared two years (maybe three) ago in orange in one of the Galaxy Squad sets (and will soon be released in green and trans-green in the Nexo Knights. I have also heard the net piece is from a few years back from either the Scala or Belville line.

Ohh, I thought that was a new piece. Thanks for letting me know. I am not aware that it appears in Galaxy Squad. Perhaps, I didn't manage to buy any Orange Squad which made me overlooked.

im curious to see a sideview of the queen without the cape. would like to see how much the back sticks out. couldnt quite tell if the leg studs are centred or more to the front.

Here you go, not sure if this is want you requested,

23589687972_f6231cf1ee_o_d.jpg

Is this the first CMF series with 17 people represented in it? I think it is. (I'm counting robots/mechs as people).

Did you count the 'baby' as the 17th for Series 15? :tongue:

Can you put the ballerina torso, head & hairpiece on the brides wedge & take a straight on picture?

Nice combination indeed, and I think I have misread your request. Sorry. I will work on it.

23697693975_e82332c070_o_d.jpg

Oh, and White Fang, when you posted a picture of Animal Control Lady with so many others that resemble her and said "Don't they all look alike?" LMAO they sure do, it's like she has multiple personalities. :rofl::laugh:

I like that hairpiece very much and I am glad it came in assorted colours in the LEGO CMFs.

That pic is missing the S6 Skater Girl. :look: She has the same hairpiece

Yes, she is missing but she is abit different from the rest which kind of made me omitted her. :look:

Both worthless.

Please note that when others expressed their opinions, you can have your own alternate opinions but it is not polite to state subjective comment such as 'worthless' on groundless basis which add zero value to a discussion. Thanks.

Thanks for the wonderful review again! It is good to see the nice details of the figs, it always makes me want them even more!

Baby got back! I think I really like the dress piece. But I will see when I get my hands on the figure myself!

Thank you very much for this nice review.

I think the indian/Native American baby is supercute and well designed so you can have him on the back of an adult.

The skunk is also very nice, pity there's only 3 in a box.

I hope the mace will used in the future also for normal castle sets. It looks better than the 2007 version.

@WhiteFang: I have a question about the mop of the janitor.

Could you put the stick of the mop also in the other side of the mop so it looks when you have the mop upsidedown, the hairs of the mop still hang down?

Terrific review, WhiteFang, thank you very much! :wub:

I skipped buying all of one series some time ago and this one will be no different.

Some goodies (clumsy guy :wub_drool:, the skunk!), some (almost half of the series) totally uninteresting to me.

For example: I grew up with classic space but this CS guy is really ... uninspired. :cry_sad:

Wonderful review Whitefang! Several interesting minifigs.

Also, the satyr legs on the minotaur look fantastic.

They are totally inaccurate... Minotaurs didn't have such legs.

Please note that when others expressed their opinions, you can have your own alternate opinions but it is not polite to state subjective comment such as 'worthless' on groundless basis which add zero value to a discussion. Thanks.

Sorry didn't mean to come across that way :)

These figs are great. My favorite is probably the classic Queen, but there are a number of stand-out figs!

They are totally inaccurate... Minotaurs didn't have such legs.

Maybe they're not trying to be mythologically accurate? It's not like the actual minifigure came like that, and it's really not anyone's business what other people do with their fig parts.

Thanks for tis wonderfull review! Very nice pictures uns really great combinations and cool comments.

This serie (for me) is very usefull, so I can create some cool stories!

Thanks!

:sweet: LegoSharky

Mr. "Shark Suit Guy" is my favorite :wink:

I like him too. I also love that the mold is basically a shark that can stand as his own animal.

23070657283_efe12b4f19_o_d.jpg

Nice! I might have to copy that.

I imagine that the satyr's legs are fairly expensive for TLG to produce so they'll want to re-use them but I can't figure out how. A female satyr in a later series perhaps?

Did you count the 'baby' as the 17th for Series 15? :tongue:

Yes. :laugh: As pointed out above, Mr Gold could be considered as a 17th in its series.

I wonder how BrickLink will classify the baby. After all, it isn't a minifigure, a microfigure or - in the BL sense - an animal. Will it be classed as a utensil?!

An accessory.

The baby is not listed in the official description of the series. It says "Tribal Woman", not "Tribal Woman and her baby"

I imagine that the satyr's legs are fairly expensive for TLG to produce so they'll want to re-use them but I can't figure out how. A female satyr in a later series perhaps?

Maybe a Krampus minifigure :look:

csm_krampus1_cc4c922bf8.jpg

You know... for kids! :laugh:

Edited by Robert8