A free-build for the Guilds of Historica and a continuation of the story of Adira Magdeburg. Please check here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117072 and the ones before it for backstory. This is also a cross-over with gedren_y, so please go check out his fantastic builds! Long Live the Kaliphlin and the High Council!

22790649047_b3a89470ee_b.jpg

The humid climate of the Nestlands was usually not very appealing to most Kaliphlinians, but to Adira it felt like heaven. The freedom this land brought her people was worth a thousand discomforts, though her own mind remained trapped in anger. And after the frigid cold of the mountain path behind her, the warm weather wasn't so bad.

The people of Estolad weren't the only ones who had fled to the Nestlands, apparently. A large population of refugees already existed on the southern face of the mountain of Edst Nol where the people of the Nestlands had prepared housing for an occupation that never came. They, for the most part, gladly welcomed the refugees, among them, meeting them on the path coming down from the pass with blankets and food.

Adira wandered among them, trying to help, but for the most part being ignored. She refused to show any emotion except concern, but on the inside her anger and hurt did nothing but fester and grow. What have I but the love and trust of my people? If they do not trust me, what reason have I yet to live? Yet the answer always came back with equal resonance, cold and ruthless. Revenge. The Desert King has taken everything from me, even my two most trusted friends. I will hunt down Sirhan until there is no place left for him to hide. Then I will kill him.

22790662247_64cc4905d2_c.jpg

The sound of someone standing silently behind her reached Adira's ear but she refused respond. She did not, however, walk away. Let them bring their complaints somewhere else, I no longer govern this people. I am a useless appendage.

“Lady Magdeburg. I have heard of your loss, and bring you the condolence of my people. Please except any help we can give you and your people.”

The voice had a slight Nestlands accent, but was still recognizable. Adira had met the Nestlands Minister of External Affairs Aturl Prndrn when she was first deployed in the Nestlands as a Guerrilla not even a year ago. “There is nothing you, or anyone can do.” She turned. “But thank you none the less.”

Aturl nodded slowly. “If there is nothing to be done, then what does the Lady of Estolad plan to do?”

Adira smiled sardonically at the title. “Bring my enemies down with me.”

“A noble aspiration. And this will heal you?” The Minister asked.

23184812415_31e1e67dd2_c.jpg

Adira paused, considering. Finally she spoke. “A shattered vase can not be mended, but it can stab the one who broke it.”

Aturl was silent for some seconds. “I wish I could go with you, but since I am tied down here I will help you all I can. Tell us what weapons, disguises, and food you will need, and we will supply them as best we can. And when you wish for solace, come to the Nestlands. Perhaps your people will have you back.”

To be continued...

19849749510_2a1b8a2ff9_b.jpg

The build. Those on Flickr saw this several months ago, but I finally have been able to use it in GoH! Yay....

Also, please check out Gedren's builds:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showuser=14064

Expect my next post in roughly a week or two (most likely the latter).

Soli Deo Gloria & Sola Gracia!

Very neat landscaping! The trail contrasts the (olive) green so nice :thumbup:

Thank you, Exetrius!

Wow! Really cool vegetation, as Ex. said, the contrast is really cool

Very glad you like it!

Neat-o! :thumbup:

Thanks, Graham!

I don't think lego makes leaves in that emeraldish green color, which leads me to believe you bought some alt bricks?. In any case very verdant build.

Not a ton of story, but nice none the less. And the build is a goodie, if an oldie. Keep it up!

I don't think lego makes leaves in that emeraldish green color, which leads me to believe you bought some alt bricks?. In any case very verdant build.

Thanks Blufiji! And yes, these are altbricks. :wink:

Not a ton of story, but nice none the less. And the build is a goodie, if an oldie. Keep it up!

Thanks, Drew!

“A shattered vase can not be mended, but it can stab the one who broke it.”

That’s beautiful!

Build is very fine, especially the colour scheme of the trail fits perfectly.

Nice! I like the story you've got going on!

Thank you, Vlad! Very glad you like it!

[/center]

That’s beautiful!

Build is very fine, especially the colour scheme of the trail fits perfectly.

Really? Wow, very glad you like it!

And thanks! :sweet:

I love your approach to landscape. The path looks very sedimentary, as if it was created by mountain run-off. The alt-bricks leaves also add to the idea that plants in the Nestlands area grow a little differently, due to the mineral rich water.

Aturl is obviously a bit scruffy today. The humidity has been up, which means he will need to get some more of his favorite hair product. And he will have to shave before the next High Ministry meeting.

You also executed Aturl's manner well, after some minor notes about his motivation. Aturl is clearly picking his words carefully to shore up Adira's confidence, at least towards the prospect of her people's survival.

I love your approach to landscape. The path looks very sedimentary, as if it was created by mountain run-off. The alt-bricks leaves also add to the idea that plants in the Nestlands area grow a little differently, due to the mineral rich water.

Aturl is obviously a bit scruffy today. The humidity has been up, which means he will need to get some more of his favorite hair product. And he will have to shave before the next High Ministry meeting.

You also executed Aturl's manner well, after some minor notes about his motivation. Aturl is clearly picking his words carefully to shore up Adira's confidence, at least towards the prospect of her people's survival.

Thank you, Gedren! Very glad you approve. Sorry, again, about the fig. :/

Excellent build, and very interesting continuation to the story: I wonder where Adira's quest for revenge will take her.

The way you have leaves hanging off of grass stalks to cover the boulders, looks really nice :thumbup:

Excellent build, and very interesting continuation to the story: I wonder where Adira's quest for revenge will take her.

The way you have leaves hanging off of grass stalks to cover the boulders, looks really nice :thumbup:

Thank you, Isaac! We shall see... :)

Nice landscaping! Your trees are always very nice!

Thank you, Mike! Glad you like them!

Great build, Adair! The trees are very nice and I like the overhanging foliage :thumbup:

Thank you, LittleJohn! Glad you like it!

Nice landscape and trees. Good color matching.

Thank you! I'm glad you like the colors!

Very great build! Lovely coulors here!

Thank you, Sir Gillian! Very glad you like it!