JanetVanD

[MOC] Her Majesty's Theatre, London

Stunning! This brings back some good memories of my visit to the theatre and the Phantom of the Opera a couple of years ago. The amount of details is jaw-dropping. :blush:

This is one of, if not the, most amazing mocs I have ever seen. Incredible size and attention to detail. Wow!

You're right, of course, about the chandelier; I seriously considered building one but since the chandelier doesn't feature in the scene on stage, I decided to leave it out.

It should be hanging in the ceiling. I was looking at the shots of the interior, particularly the roof, and thinking "there's something missing".

I walk past the theatre fairly regualry and I've been inside a number of times and from my recollection everything else feels pretty much perfect. Obviously the baroque detail has been simplified to get it into brick form but the impression that the bricks convey is pretty much spot-on.

I saw the frontpage and I was floored by the size. But that interior is the true star of the show,all the details are jaw dropping.

:wub_drool: will probably say more than a thousand words!

By the way, will you keep this MOC intact? It would be a pity to tear it apart.

I will try to keep it intact for as long as possible although storage space is an issue ( my Lego room is only 9ft x 11ft) and a lot of parts are going to be tied up for a while. A lot of my previously-full brick boxes are nearly empty!!! I suppose it depends on potential exhibit venues.

I will try to keep it intact for as long as possible although storage space is an issue ( my Lego room is only 9ft x 11ft) and a lot of parts are going to be tied up for a while. A lot of my previously-full brick boxes are nearly empty!!! I suppose it depends on potential exhibit venues.

It would be a crime to tear apart this masterpiece. This should be in a museum. Or even better, in Her Majesty's Theatre!

Wow, wow, wow! So incredible, awesome job. The sense of achievement as you put all the sections together for the first time must have been fantastic!

Well done!

Assuming they exist, would you ever consider selling the instructions as to how you did this build to allow others to try and replicate this brilliant piece of artwork?

Outstanding MOC! City isn't a theme that interests me, but this build is simply stunning whatever one's particular preferences are.

I suspect that even non-FOLs would be impressed. How could they not be?

It would be a crime to tear apart this masterpiece. This should be in a museum. Or even better, in Her Majesty's Theatre!

I agree. Have you contacted the theatre to see if they would be interested in displaying it either temporarily or permanently?

This is probably the best moc I have ever seen. I would have accepted if it was just the exterior, but the fact that it has a detailed interior too blows my mind. Amazing work

I would imagine that there must be some wealthy AFOL somewhere who would pay a lot of money to get ahold of this artwork and therefore prevent its destruction. Well, if I were a millionaire I certainly would try to find an agreement to purchase this though unfortunately I'm not.

Thanks, folks, for the huge compliments!! Sorry, I don't think instructions would be possible because I didn't use any digital design software and I really didn't do any pre-planning beyond scaling out the floorplan.

As for contacting the theatre company, it seems a bit big-headed to say "hey, I've built this really cool model of your theatre, you should check it out!" It's a bit like tooting one's own horn, isn't it? (although I suppose it would be nice to see it in their foyer!)

Few LEGO creations ever come close to the caliber and utter detail mother-load that this richly designed masterpiece has. I saw all the pictures of the interior, the lighting, the excellent photography. It is a wonder, an absolute wonder. I would love to see this model in person. Just fantastic.

Of course you know this now means you need to build the whole town to match it, right? I mean I'm just saying... :wink:

As for contacting the theatre company, it seems a bit big-headed to say "hey, I've built this really cool model of your theatre, you should check it out!" It's a bit like tooting one's own horn, isn't it? (although I suppose it would be nice to see it in their foyer!)

I don't think you should be bashful at all. Not only is it a wonderful build, it would be in the theatre's commercial interest to display your MOC. People would have two reasons for visiting the theatre (the show and your MOC), not just just one. I went to a bookshop in central London once just because it was displaying a great MOC of King's Cross/St Pancras station.

the First thing came up to me was the song of Aerosmith ..... "It's AMAZING"

Never heard of the building at all to be honest. the Whole thing looks cool, the architecture itself, with the lights and all the details, everything. the Other photo's looks great too, I like the 'way' took those. It gives it some extra 'ambiance'.

the Picture below is a good example of (actually almost all) ... what?

You can't hardly believe it that it is fake (even you know it's a Lego forum) And the stage ... very cool with those statues and all that. the Golden color helps a lot too.

her_majesty_s_theatre__london__ceiling_detail_by_janetvand-d9hmo5k.png

This is absolutely jaw-dropping in every way. Congratulations on completing this build. I am in AWE of your skill.