JanetVanD

[MOC] Her Majesty's Theatre, London

I somehow can't figure out how you did the windows on the second floor. Could you tell something about that?

It seems to be a normal 4x6 frame with a vertical white sticker to divide the window into two frames.

Amazing job. I only wish that the screenshots were available at larger resolution.

Wow, scale and detail is incredible, interior looks awesome as well, this certainly will stand out at the show! Well done!

Thanks, everyone, for the fantastic, positive feedback! It means a lot to me and goes a long way towards making the hard work worthwhile. :classic:

To answer a few questions:

• I kept track of the piece-count by actually being obsessive enough to count each piece as I built and record it all on a tally card at each "sitting". (of course, I also had to subtract any bricks I took off if I changed or improved anything, which happened quite a lot!!) The counting became so automatic that I'm finding it hard to shake the habit, even when building a simple set.

• No digital design tools were used; I'm nowhere near tech-savy enough to figure out those programmes!

•The lighting is from a few strands of LED Christmas lights picked up during my local DIY store's after-Christmas sale. Cheap and easy to get, but it was difficult hiding the excess wire. Also, since the bulbs were just slightly too big to fit through a technic hole, it took a lot of manoeuvering to position the lights exactly the way I wanted them. On hindsight, I should have used something less bulky.

• The second floor windows are not 100% purist, but as purist as I could get.In order to match the windows of the real-life theatre. I used 1x4x5 standard old windows and applied strips trimmed from official Lego sticker sheets to divide the panes. This was only done after several days of trialling all the purist possibilities I could think of, taking into consideration aesthetics and sturdiness.

Thanks again, folks!

I can just repeat what everyone else already said, but this masterpiece deserves all the praise it can get.

This is one of the most mind-blowing, amazineg buildings I've ever seen. The scale alone is grand, but it's the attention to every last detail that makes this jaw-dropping.

I don't often venture into this part of the forum but that image on the homepage made me want to see more. Its beautiful... just... beautiful.

Even when you think you've seen people achieve almost anything in a build this MOC just seems to take things up a level with the interior detailing. From the seating of the auditorium to the lights down onto the stage to the unbelievably detailed decorative sculpture either side of the stage area.

Incredible work.

Huge and stupendous build here, wonderful job on the exterior, but the interior really steals the show! :wub: Loving the gold and tan color-scheme, and the rows of seats and lighting are superb!

This is really impressive. I can only really say, please post more photos! The design work gone into this is amazing. The stage decorations and the seating is even more dramatic when one realises you weren't using digital designer! Having lived in London and knowing the building it is a delight to see someone took the time to recreate in Lego. Bravo!

Mind blowing! While looking at the mini-pictures, I thought: oh look there are actual ones from the original building to compare. I looked twice to see that the shot of the audience was actually minifigs ... and only then I revisited the ceiling shot that I had taken as a shot of the actual even in real size glimpsing on it before - and that was Lego too.

I guess the golden colored pieces are manually colored? I cannot recall else to have seen these things. But never the less: breathtaking build!

I can only say thanks once again for all this wonderful feedback; I truely didn't expect such a response!

To answer a further question: Actually, all the gold pieces are genuine Lego parts. It took a lot of accumulating of sets with gold pieces as well as hours trawling through Bricklink. (any Bricklink seller who got his/her stock of pearl gold parts severely depleted can now see where it all went!)

Fantastic build. Love all of it. The interior makes me understand the 59000+ bricks.

Brick on!

Holy cow, that is absolutely gorgeous! An insane amount of detail outside and inside - The photographs of the inside look like they could have been taken in the real theater. The custom lighting inside really makes this pop. Can't overstate how much I love this. :-)