Lawngnome

[WIP MOD] 75105 Falcon

Modified mine a little bit. Hopefully improved the gunners position and top cannons.

24567907714_4a1faa324d_c.jpg2016-02-22_07-22-05 by Micky Wardle, on Flickr

25171989766_9740cc056a_c.jpg20160213_161133 by Micky Wardle, on Flickr

24830628089_6e3d6afdfe_c.jpg20160213_161148 by Micky Wardle, on Flickr

25080044602_0635978a97_c.jpg20160213_161237 by Micky Wardle, on Flickr

Also, changed the landing gear, as I thought they were too short and added the missing ones so there is the correct amount of them.

25198295465_336f3c92f5_c.jpg20160218_193958 (1) by Micky Wardle, on Flickr

24571478353_a16726c1ae_c.jpg20160218_193230 by Micky Wardle, on Flickr

Modded mine also... No more gaps in the Falcon's roof, and wanted the darker panels to stay on, so it was a nice puzzle... Also attached some hoses to the engine, but I'm still changing it... Made a grill floor panel next to the engine.. See below:

720.jpg

720.jpg

720.jpg

720.jpg

Nice mods to the gunwell mickywrx. Did you do something similar to the bottom?

No, not yet. It is on a list of things to do though. :)

This thread has actually helped me a lot since I got my Falcon last month. I've closed the gaps on the 'pizza slices', upgraded the top of the gunning section (using mickeywrx's solution), and made the landing gear somewhat retractable by only using one technic pin for each leg (though I am thinking about overhauling the gear entirely). I may post pictures eventually, though I'm not sure what mine can really add given that I've used a quite a few solutions made by other members.

Edited by Willsy

What should I swap out beyond the satellite dish if I wanted to make my 75105 look more like an OT Falcon? My goal isn't to make it look like the 7965. I just want it to be a good home for Luke, Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan, Princess Leia, R2D2 and C-3PO.

Edited by jdm44

What should I swap out beyond the satellite dish if I wanted to make my 75105 look more like an OT Falcon? My goal isn't to make it look like the 7965. I just want it to be a good home for Luke, Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan, Princess Leia, R2D2 and C-3PO.

The 7965's dish is really good, just look it up and put it on yours, then, if you want it to look better, at a webbed 6x6 dish on top of the normal dish.

Hey, I modd'd my 75105. Just got in from bricklink th 2x4 wedge plates so those will get put on tonight.

as for now I moved the cockpit back and enlarged the mandibles and changed the overall shape of them. more pics to come.

mf mandibles.jpg

I wasn't really happy with its couch, so I did a custom one with LDD. Might build this in real bricks and put it in my Falcon.

Falke Bank.png

9 minutes ago, Fabiwalker said:

I wasn't really happy with its couch, so I did a custom one with LDD. Might build this in real bricks and put it in my Falcon.

As nice as that looks, I don't think it'll fit in the Falcon due to its height.

54 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

As nice as that looks, I don't think it'll fit in the Falcon due to its height.

Maybe it would fit with removing the gray bricks at the bottom. I actually did it in LDD, it is only slightly higher than the original. Unfortunately, the screenshot doesn't want to get uploaded...

mf3inhall1.jpg

Going to take advantage of May 4th promo and get the MF for a family christmas present (son too young to build on his own). I stumbled across Flail's impressive mods and am interested in interpreting some of these in our build - especially the walls you see in the pic). However, I'm not a master builder so not sure how to go about it. I can uderstand how the tan pads fit and what onto but am bamboozled how those 4x2 grey blocks are attached while standing on their end. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please? I have searched all morning for a parts/pieces list for Flail's mod but all I get are photos, which I "should" be able to follow but these on-end blocks confused the bejibbers out of me!

Thanks

@Brickdad - it's probably achieved by using something similar to 87087 (1x1) or 11211 (2x1) - these will allow you to attach a brick/plate at 90°.  

75105 is an excellent set, and will be a bargain at 40% off (although it has been a bit cheaper previously elsewhere if you've wanted multiples of it!).  However, due to the demand it's likely to sell out fast online, so it might be wise to order it as soon as it's available (usually 12.05ish am!); I usually login a bit before and just keep refreshing the page every couple of minutes.... be aware though that the main LEGO website isn't very robust so be prepared for it to crash etc at random intervals!!

I hope this helps :classic:

Thanks for the advice Lobot, already decided I would be ordering just after 12am! I can sense frustration though regarding what you say about the servers :(

Regarding the bricks, thanks I will check bricklink for those. I really wish the Flail mod had a parts list (or at least what sets the pieces came from) cos it is gonna take a long, long, long time to find the individual pieces I need. Wont copy it brick for brick though, just the sections I want. Especially want to do his cockpit mod as the way it is provided in the set is not good enough.

Really liking this thread and all the mods. I have 75105 and like it, but from time to time I enjoy tinkering with the interior. There are lots of good ideas posted in here. :classic:

For anyone who has done the Flail mod, could you tell me how much of the original pieces are used? And how many extra pieces need ordered?

It's a pity Flail, or no-one else for that matter, didn't make instructions for this. I would have gladly paid for instructions.

On 4/23/2017 at 4:38 PM, Brickdad said:

For anyone who has done the Flail mod, could you tell me how much of the original pieces are used? And how many extra pieces need ordered?

It's a pity Flail, or no-one else for that matter, didn't make instructions for this. I would have gladly paid for instructions.

Unfortunately, it's really hard to say as we may be talking over a decade since this mod was shown.  Before cheese slopes and bricks with side stud (only headlights and technic bricks / half pin were available).

I did it with my 4504 Falcon and at the time there were plenty of photos to make it happen.  I do recall having to use a little superglue as there was a section that didn't connect well.  

Here is my old Brickshelf gallery for Flail's Falcon, though it's so old that I no longer know the account info for it: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=375458  (it even had a toilet!)

2 minutes ago, teos said:

Unfortunately, it's really hard to say as we may be talking over a decade since this mod was shown.  Before cheese slopes and bricks with side stud (only headlights and technic bricks / half pin were available).

I managed to get an LDD file for it somewhere online as well as a ton of photo's on brickshelf. I think have whittled down what I need. Must say I prefer the method of using the technic bricks with pins to attach the white tiles. The cheese slopes version didnt look as good to me.

1 hour ago, Kozikyo86 said:

Hello,

I want to show my first MOD of Lego Millennium Falcon 75105!

Hope you like it :)

Wow, this is impressive, even for the minor changes they are. Especially since you joined a couple of hours ago :thumbup: