danielvermeir

MOC Mirror Lake Cottage

Hello all,

I would like to share you guys my first 'Historic Theme' worthy MOC.

Mirror Lake Cottage is a peaceful cottage where friends join to have a great time. Relax by the lake, take the boat for a trip, chop some wood and play with the dogs.

For someone who wants to have a chat with the lady of the house, it tends to get slippery.

Hope you like the MOC.

Feel free to comment!

23191225506_f1b4f922f4_c.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

22849385179_b73a04133c_c.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

22588894954_70bfd25212_c.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

22849381919_9049c1b0f6_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

22849380539_3f1ff1fdfd_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

22590263173_25ff98068d_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

23217331745_e8baca0350_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

22590255823_b1738441c4_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

23217342195_89456666d4_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

23191222036_da4e5b776a_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

22590258693_63ab027170_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

22588892884_4c04b394e5_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

23217340795_85fd8476fa_z.jpgMirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

The building is excellent although some of the landscaping could use a bit more detail, particularly the green patch. Overall, good job.

The building is excellent although some of the landscaping could use a bit more detail, particularly the green patch. Overall, good job.

You are totally right. Also not happy yet with the water. Experimenting a few techniques now.

I also didnt make myself easy wanting to use that round base. Next time i'll keep with a square. Those things you learn the hard way.

@all : Thx for the replies!

Even as somebody who prefers 'clean' style I have to say the build is obviously great :) But what also really jumped out at me is the round base/display technique lovely :wub:

You did big job creating so many details. But why are the walls so strange? What are the long curvy brown things on the walls?

The brown curvy things are supposed to be dried out poison ivy leftovers, just the branches, not the leaf.

But what also really jumped out at me is the round base/display technique lovely :wub:

I concur... How on earth did you make the lovely curved wall? I can't for the life of me begin to figure it out!

I'll try to post a pic from below the base to make things more clear how the plate was built.

The house can be removed. This was done to make the plate lighter for transportation in case i enlarge the base in the future.

The base is made out of a lot of hinges for sure ;)

Here is a picture from below the baseplate. about 400 hinges make it a solid plate.

the second picture shows the detachable house and the 'top' side of the baseplate. tiles work of the baseplate, in exception of the horizontal and vertical cross, at 0°, 90°, 180° and 270° to fix on the greenery.

22625892734_8365d348a8_z.jpgWork in progress, mirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

22860178577_fa3135750f_z.jpgWork in progress, mirror lake cottage by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

That’s worthy alright!

Lovely house, especially like the window with the wooden pole as support, very clever!

Nice little scenes around the house as well

The round base is really cool. There are also many nice details on the walls, but for my taste it almost is a little bit overcrowded.

Oh, I just saw that this is your first historic MOC... I wish my first one was as good as this.

Great job, keep it on!

The roof is really nice, the land as well but the building looks like my 1 year old daughter built it.

Nice to be compared with building skills of a 1 year old :) thx

At least my roof looks nice :)

Great Job and thanks for those "Making of"-Pictures! The round frame is a masterpiece -and the building itself as well!

Thx ;)

Trying to see how i can expend the base.

Or make the circle bigger, or make it a cluster of circles, as seen from above like some sort of cloud shape.

Testing a few things now.