Cool truck! Old wheels look brutal.

Yes I think they fit pretty well here. Moreover ballon wheels are just disproportionate for this use.

Hi!

Nobody tried to build it ?

I would have liked a few feedbacks about it!

Hi, 1st post here on Eurobricks.

Just to let you know that all your efforts with the instructions have not been wasted here is a little proof.

post-153792-0-90079200-1454061803_thumb.jpg

As you can see some pieces are in the wrong colour (I'm just getting back into Lego after approx 40 yrs and also I'm new to technic), but I can only use what I have and I'm sure I'll soon find I have not got some pieces, but I'll keep going as far as I can.

So far the instructions seem to be working pretty well, I sometimes jump forward a step or 2 looking for a different angle to make sure I'm right.#

Thanks for doing the instructions and I'll keep you posted on progress, but it could be a while.

Chip

Hi, 1st post here on Eurobricks.

Just to let you know that all your efforts with the instructions have not been wasted here is a little proof.

As you can see some pieces are in the wrong colour (I'm just getting back into Lego after approx 40 yrs and also I'm new to technic), but I can only use what I have and I'm sure I'll soon find I have not got some pieces, but I'll keep going as far as I can.

So far the instructions seem to be working pretty well, I sometimes jump forward a step or 2 looking for a different angle to make sure I'm right.#

Thanks for doing the instructions and I'll keep you posted on progress, but it could be a while.

Chip

Hi,

It just makes me happy to learn that it serves you!

Have fun during the building and keep us informed of your progress :classic:

Hi,

No red flex axles for front mudguards, no red round things behind the cab and no fuel tanks, but apart from that I think it's all there, although the paint shop painted the doors in the wrong colour!!

Very, very impressed at it's climbing abilities with only 1 XL motor, also I have been thinking about having a go at Madocca's beast (with 2 motors) for a while, now I'm going to raid the piggy bank and definitely have a go.

Thanks again for the instructions which were very good and pretty easy to follow.

post-153792-0-56875000-1454187445_thumb.jpg

Hey!

Just finished building process and made a little test drive. I really like the truck, even if the snow was that wet, that i could hardly drive on it :-)

During the building process i had to watch some pictures twice, but overall it was not very complicated and a great pleasure. And despite the fact, that i have a little color mess and not eight identical tyres, i think the tatra looks well.

Thanks for the instructions.

post-154266-0-44485800-1454866078_thumb.jpg

post-154266-0-15504900-1454866085_thumb.jpg

May i ask you if you have a part list whoch can be imported into rebrickable?

great tatra! actually i never wanted to build a tatra, but yours with this brutal wheels has convinced me, that i should give it a tray...

Yoyo08190, your english is really hard to read and understand...

Edited by Kumbbl

May i ask you if you have a part list whoch can be imported into rebrickable?

great tatra! actually i never wanted to build a tatra, but yours with this brutal wheels has convinced me, that i should give it a tray...

I'm sorry but I don't and now the truck is disassembled.

However you can take a look at the beginning of my instructions, there are a few pictures where you can see and count the main parts.

Hi Touchobut

Thank you so much for reviving this thread, have no idea how I could have missed this... I have build Your Tatra t-813 over the last couple of days and have to say I am truly impressed with this Model. Always wanted to build one but never had all the parts. So I had to make a few alterations to make yours.

Wheels/ Tyres 81.6 x 38 R

Gearing for the steering change to 12 tooth double bevel and 36 tooth double bevel

Fuel tank 4x 5x7 beam frame (dont no what its called)

Cab fender changed to 13 Black Flex axle

Rear bumper made from beams but looks similar in shape as yours

Red thing on the back changed to something else slap together..

My opinions of You MOC

• Outstanding climbing capabilities considering only 1 x XL motor
  • Brilliant suspension setup
  • Fairly common parts used
  • Clever steering solution
  • Instantly recognizable
  • Symmetrical building style ( Makes it easy for the novice builders like Me)
  • Will stay on my shelf for at least a year :wink:...... to play with cause my 2yo loves it to bits.

The only issues I have, is that the front wheels seem to have a bit of a toe in alignment issues caused by the steering arm, as when I reverse the suspension compresses in the front and visa versa. The second steered axle tends to jam when turning sharp left, and I think it is caused by the shock absorber scraping against the tyres I have chosen to used. Otherwise outstanding

Some Pic's

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Once again Thank you so much for the free BI and IMHO a truly marvelous MOC.

KEEP ON MOCING :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi Touchobut

Thank you so much for reviving this thread, have no idea how I could have missed this... I have build Your Tatra t-813 over the last couple of days and have to say I am truly impressed with this Model. Always wanted to build one but never had all the parts. So I had to make a few alterations to make yours.

Wheels/ Tyres 81.6 x 38 R

Gearing for the steering change to 12 tooth double bevel and 36 tooth double bevel It's not a problem, moreover some people may prefer a more reactive steering.

Fuel tank 4x 5x7 beam frame (dont no what its called)

Cab fender changed to 13 Black Flex axle

Rear bumper made from beams but looks similar in shape as yours

Red thing on the back changed to something else slap together..

My opinions of You MOC

• Outstanding climbing capabilities considering only 1 x XL motor
I agree, the XL motor is really powerful, it can just drives the 8 wheels without problem!

• Brilliant suspension setup
Pretty simple but incredibly effective

• Fairly common parts used
The reason is simple: I work only with my inventory that I had through my sets: mainly here 8258, 8285,.. I never order beams or stuffs.

• Clever steering solution
It gives me nightmare but now, yes it works properly
:classic:

• Instantly recognizable
Thanks to similarity with Madoca’s one.

• Symmetrical building style ( Makes it easy for the novice builders like Me)
It’s true that there is practically an axis of symmetry throughout the truck

• Will stay on my shelf for at least a year ...... to play with cause my 2yo loves it to bits.
I’m happy to learn that
:wub:

The only issues I have, is that the front wheels seem to have a bit of a toe in alignment issues caused by the steering arm, as when I reverse the suspension compresses in the front and visa versa.

I don’t understand just don’t have this issue

The second steered axle tends to jam when turning sharp left, and I think it is caused by the shock absorber scraping against the tyres I have chosen to used.

It’s possible, since the tire is very close to the suspension, and you used wider tires, in order to fix that you can either put a stop on the first rack, otherwise just put an additionnal half bush on the wheel’s axle, but the tire might hit the cab or other things..

Otherwise outstanding

Once again Thank you so much for the free BI and IMHO a truly marvelous MOC.

KEEP ON MOCING

Thanks a lot for this complete feedback, make me happy to learn it :wink:

Hello, Touchobut.

I want to try building your amazing Tatra, but unfortunately the instruction's link is error. :D

Tatra calls Tatra-rigid to a normal portal axle, frequently used by unimogs and other trucks.

Can't see the fun in that. A rigid axle is a rigid axle, as opposed to the classic tatra swinging half-axle.

Portals are a gear to offset the diff and driveshaft from the center of the hub to get better ground clearance.

Rigid axles comes with, like in the case of the Unimog, or without, like LR Defender, portals.

Independent suspension can also be fitted with portals like the Humvee.

Tatra normally don't use rigid axles - thats why they call it tatra-rigid - because it's exactly what it is...

Edited by martinator

This truck looks amazing, compact design, strong and with very nice details, by the way, is there any way to get the instructions of this nice off road monster? because it seems that the link is broken.

This truck looks amazing, compact design, strong and with very nice details, by the way, is there any way to get the instructions of this nice off road monster? because it seems that the link is broken.

I have them saved, I can email them to you if you like? just send me a PM with your address.

On 22.08.2016 at 9:42 AM, Siegfried Meyer said:

I have them saved, I can email them to you if you like? just send me a PM with your address.

Hello. And for me please. But I'm new member and "You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day." :(