Sign in to follow this  
Redhead1982

Food market

After a long break from building, I finally managed to create something new and take pictures. They're not the best, as my LEGO dedicated corner is still a work in progress, so I had to work with the lights I had available in other rooms. Without further ado, I built this open food market as a part of the LUG's town display. It was a nice change from building modulars, most prominently it was build much much faster. The market was built on two 32x32 baseplates, and is split in two parts to allow minifigs moving from on side of town to the other.

22531812233_61889b84d0_c.jpg

There's 10 food stalls in total, and you can buy almost anything. My favourite stall is actually the one not selling food, but flowers. It was also the first one I made, and I used the same or very similar design to build other stalls.

22863041540_57e7320b53_c.jpg

Since fruits and vegetables need to be washed before consumption, there's also a small well with two faucets for those who cannot make it home with the fresh fruits.

22863032780_610df59afc_c.jpg

One of the stalls offers home made marmelade and honey, the other one bread and cookies, and the third one sells different vegetables.

22764666777_123284a8a0_c.jpg

To conclude, this is a slightly different areal view of the market.

22790848549_73897f99a3_c.jpg

Edited by Redhead1982

Lovely scene!

I don't envy you having to take off all those 1x1s once it's ready to be taken apart.

I don't envy you having to take off all those 1x1s once it's ready to be taken apart.

ROFL ... I was thinking the same thing. I enjoy tiling up my MOC´s. However taking them apart is quite another thing :laugh:

I like the simplification of the water fountain and definitely gives me ideas to use my white picket fences! This looks fun to create!

This came together really well, congrats on the happy vibe of the build!

Has LEGO ever made a food market though?

Well done. It is a nice and lively addition to town scenery.

Nice one!

Lovely scene. This can be put straight into any modular town.

Since it looks to be an old town square (with the tiles and the fountain and all), maybe an old tree of some kind might add to the atmosphere, but there's not a lot of room left.

Keep clicking those bricks together.