Sign in to follow this  
janatale

[MOC] Medieval Life

I haven’t really been active in here in a while, but that doesn’t mean I have stopped building! I just recently completed this snapshot of a medieval town. C&C welcomed, Thanks!

The full album can be found on my flick page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/janatale

22648321108_32b0de505c_c.jpg

A town is probably too small to have a successful winery, but I really liked the grapevines.

22445497223_e91bf02a99_c.jpg

23053111402_29ab9f5e8b_c.jpg

22443940014_4d34e573cd_c.jpg

This house was definitely the main focus of the build. I used the classic-castle.com article on how to make mosaic cheese slopes to try and give the front of the house a realistic rock wall affect.

23053138272_e61ece541e_c.jpg

22648352968_be7d4bdd68_c.jpg

Thanks!

Lovely MOC, the architecture looks great and the brick build birds really caught my eye to :laugh:

Excellent build Janatale, glad to see something from you again! :sweet: Very nice work on the houses and that tower, and I'm really liking your grape vines and birds! :thumbup: My only minor criticism would be that the house with the blue roof, though quite neat itself, sticks out perhaps a bit too much from its surroundings. Superb job overall here though!

The Historic forum sure has some nice builders and MOCs! A lovely example would be this, it looks amazing and I can't pinpoint what I like the most, because it is all so beautiful. Great, great work! :wub::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wowww Janatale... Awesome creations.... Those birds and that great texturing o the walls... :wub: Amazing work mate :wub: :wub:

Thanks for all the great feedback everybody! I appreciate it. :classic:

Excellent build Janatale, glad to see something from you again! :sweet: Very nice work on the houses and that tower, and I'm really liking your grape vines and birds! :thumbup: My only minor criticism would be that the house with the blue roof, though quite neat itself, sticks out perhaps a bit too much from its surroundings. Superb job overall here though!

Thanks! I kinda agree with you on the roof. I wish I could have done all the other roofs like that, but I was running low on good roof pieces. I also find roofs the hardest to build, especially trying to find something unique.

That's incredible! It can take months to creat with so many details. everything looks lovely! What part of it do you like most?

Thank you! My favorite part is definitely the house with the blue roof, mainly the rock wall in the front. The inspiration for the house was from this house I found on wikipedia, and the town grew from there. Building the rocks into the front of the house took a lot of careful movements. I also love the brick built birds, which is probably obvious as there are so many of them!

640px-Tudor_home_in_Fort_Hill%2C_Staten_Island.jpg

Outstanding build! I could go over all the details that I like, but I think the pictures speak for themselves :wub::thumbup:

Looks amazing. I really like the details of land, grass and buildings. But how sturdy is this slope wall? I would be afraid it will fall apart when I move something.

Wow! This is some excellent detailing! I love the landscape, and the houses are very well done. Keep it up!

Very gorgeous, I see several builder influences in this moc. The blue roof stands out quite nice.

Edited by Blufiji

This is a great diorama. I missed out on it somehow.

Lots of nice details. Some of your plants are really inspiring.

Great build indeed ! :classic: