Sign in to follow this  
-Carson Haupt-

MOC: Church Interior

This is just the interior of a church I built, complete with a priest to celebrate Mass. He is wearing white vestments since it's almost the Feast of Christ the King. I apologize for just having a link, I use Flickr on my iPad and recent updates have made copying the BBCode impossible from a mobile platform. I hope you enjoy looking, it was one of those builds that just falls into place.

https://www.flickr.c...157661400359472

(Here's at least 1 picture)

22834952540_aa83849d45_c.jpg

Same as TheLazyChicken (now, that is some nickname;) ) plus the candles and he priest! I also love the light through the windows.

I am not so crazy about the stormtrooper comment though...

Is this a pre-Vaticanum II mass? Nowadays in almost all churches the priest faces the people.

Really good church-MOC :) Christian-MOCs are awesome! :) It would be nice to see the whole church :)

ha, love the droid jesus, you should really do a pic of the church full of stormtroppers :)

I'm glad you like it! The droid torso was the simplest way I could think of that wouldn't take up too much room, so I had to use it!

This is cool. A regular minifig head in tan would work just as well; with the angle, it would appear as if it was hanging down.

I didn't think of that! I'd try it out but unfortunately I don't own any in plain tan.

Great job! Really love the use of the white ruffle (?) and also how you made Jesus on the cross.

Thank you! I'm glad you like those details.

Same as TheLazyChicken (now, that is some nickname;) ) plus the candles and he priest! I also love the light through the windows.

I am not so crazy about the stormtrooper comment though...

Thank you! It's encouraging to hear that!

Is this a pre-Vaticanum II mass? Nowadays in almost all churches the priest faces the people.

Yes, this would be the Tridentine Mass. I built it this way because the altar area was more ornate, as well as having the altar rail.

Really good church-MOC :) Christian-MOCs are awesome! :) It would be nice to see the whole church :)

Thank you! I'd have to agree! Building the whole church would be a blast, but I don't think I would have enough bricks to keep the same quality up throughout the whole thing.

Jesus on the cross is very clever. Well done!

Thank you I'm glad you like it!

Also, a big thank you to whoever added the picture. Sometimes working off mobile is frustrating!

Droid Jesus was deactivated for our sins! (but no worries, he was reactivated 3 parsecs later)

But nice work, I especially like the technique for the candles.

Edited by Ardelon

Great MOC and picture! Looks realistic, too. It's hard to explain but somehow everything is in good balance: there's everything you need for this kind of church MOC and in right places, but nothing needless. This is how I see this creation. :)