Anio

[MOC] UCS BB-8

1 hour ago, Thunderminers said:

Hi, I was wondering: where can I get the instructions?

You can buy the instructions by emailing Anio at: setechnic@gmail.com

Just saw a knock off of this on Ebay from China- hope the creator of this is getting something for it - Always thought Cavegods creation would show up first.

9 minutes ago, kahuna75 said:

Just saw a knock off of this on Ebay from China- hope the creator of this is getting something for it - Always thought Cavegods creation would show up first.

No, they're just stealing Anio's and other people's designs, and BB8 isn't the first.

that sucks...I have seen the official Lego one's stolen but did not realize they were doing ones like this too. I bought the plans for the Medical MOC and Cavegods and another- I may not ever even build them but I love to support these folks-

Edited by kahuna75

I still like Anio's Bb8 more than Legos version today.  I have bought his instructions but yet to get the parts needed to build it. Plan to at some point but will pass on Legos version. It just seems cheap and doesn't look round. Proportions looks off head to body as well. 

13 hours ago, Bbafett said:

I still like Anio's Bb8 more than Legos version today.  I have bought his instructions but yet to get the parts needed to build it. Plan to at some point but will pass on Legos version. It just seems cheap and doesn't look round. Proportions looks off head to body as well. 

You can substitute out a lot of the internal parts and plates to save money. I've built two now, the second one I built largely from spares and PAB wall parts (4x6 white plates, 1x2 DBG plates and 2x3 orange plates were very handy)  and it only cost me £60 in total. Sub out the 50 4x4 orange plates for 100 2x4 instead, as the 4x4 are stupidly expensive now.

1 hour ago, NorvernRob said:

You can substitute out a lot of the internal parts and plates to save money. I've built two now, the second one I built largely from spares and PAB wall parts (4x6 white plates, 1x2 DBG plates and 2x3 orange plates were very handy)  and it only cost me £60 in total. Sub out the 50 4x4 orange plates for 100 2x4 instead, as the 4x4 are stupidly expensive now.

Yeah I had already planned on that.  However, even taking that into account it is still $240 worth of parts.  Tried to get new maybe more than I should for the white parts.  Getting used white parts is very hit and miss.  The 552 white plate modified with jumper pieces are $.10/piece when I ran the numbers.  Used weren't really much cheaper than that too.  

How were you able to get that price so low? 

On 01/09/2017 at 4:23 PM, Bbafett said:

Yeah I had already planned on that.  However, even taking that into account it is still $240 worth of parts.  Tried to get new maybe more than I should for the white parts.  Getting used white parts is very hit and miss.  The 552 white plate modified with jumper pieces are $.10/piece when I ran the numbers.  Used weren't really much cheaper than that too.  

How were you able to get that price so low? 

The white jumper plates were on the PAB wall too, as well as 4x4 DBG plates and the others I mentioned earlier. I've still got 500+ of the jumper plates sat in a PAB cup! I had a lot of different sized white plates already as I'd amassed a lot of white when building my 40k part Hoth moc. Nearly all of it was used, but my days of wanting perfect parts are over. As long as it's not badly discoloured, I'll use it.