Sign in to follow this  
Plokman

Fictional Lego Companies

Hey All,

Ok I'm working on something and I want to keep it true to the Lego Universe/Brand with all the electronics being made by a Lego Corp like Octan. But then it hit me. I can't think of any other fictional brands Lego uses for their in universe things other than Octan.

So I wanted to ask around see if I'm forgetting any fictional brands from the Lego worlds. Any ideas? I'm really at a loss.

Potentially dozens, but it depends on what continuity you're counting as "canon". Clutch Powers/Ninjago? The LEGO Movie? Do LEGO RACERS count?

Any series or continuity counts here.

Here's a quick list of "sponsorship names" that appear in a lot of racing-themed sets:

• Anwa Race
  • Bit Box
  • CellFISH
  • DAR[X]
  • ENgyne
  • eRAV
  • GIRBOX
  • Head Protex
  • Hevado
  • Hill Suspensions
  • KRN Powertools
  • Nutrax Tyres
  • NutyREZ
  • Rusa
  • Stinkwell Exhausts
  • Turbo Oil
  • XRFuel
  • Yubi / Yubihama
  • Zoto Spiik
  • Zuruhai

There are loads more, but I narrowed the list down to the ones that could sound like real companies or products.

In Lego Movie it seems Octan is producing and controlling EVERYTHING. From Petrol, to tv programs, absolutely everything comes from that company...

In Lego Movie it seems Octan is producing and controlling EVERYTHING. From Petrol, to tv programs, absolutely everything comes from that company...

^Because everything is Awesome!

Maybe you could make up brand names to reference other Lego themes, take these ideas for example:

Ye Ole Christiansen Toy Shop

Ekimu's Masks and Costumes

Exo-Force Cybertech

Blacktron Operating Systems

This list can go on and on... Just make puns!

Or steal from the licensed sets too:

Stark Industries (Marvel)

Buy N' Large (Wall-E)

Wayne Enterprises(DC)

Ect. Ect. Ect...

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Stafford Engines is a brand that first appeared in Agents (named after Lego designer Mark Stafford) and reappeared on the uniform of the CMF Race Car Driver. Another "flaming wrench" logo also appears on the CMF Race Car Driver, Mechanic, and Motorcycle Mechanic, but I don't think we know a brand name associated with it.

The actual "City" logo (from Lego City) appears to be an automobile brand in the Lego City theme, as evidenced by its recent prevalence on the grills of cars and trucks.

Those are all I can think of at the moment.

Here's a quick list of "sponsorship names" that appear in a lot of racing-themed sets:

• Anwa Race
  • Bit Box
  • CellFISH
  • DAR[X]
  • ENgyne
  • eRAV
  • GIRBOX
  • Head Protex
  • Hevado
  • Hill Suspensions
  • KRN Powertools
  • Nutrax Tyres
  • NutyREZ
  • Rusa
  • Stinkwell Exhausts
  • Turbo Oil
  • XRFuel
  • Yubi / Yubihama
  • Zoto Spiik
  • Zuruhai

There are loads more, but I narrowed the list down to the ones that could sound like real companies or products.

That is one big list! Reminds me of the made up sponsors from Cars. Now there was a lot of in jokes. These are a good batch and may help. At the moment I'm trying to think of 80s era style names but these can work for other Mocs and Ideas. Thank you very much.

^Because everything is Awesome!

Maybe you could make up brand names to reference other Lego themes, take these ideas for example:

Ye Ole Christiansen Toy Shop

Ekimu's Masks and Costumes

Exo-Force Cybertech

Blacktron Operating Systems

This list can go on and on... Just make puns!

Or steal from the licensed sets too:

Stark Industries (Marvel)

Buy N' Large (Wall-E)

Wayne Enterprises(DC)

Ect. Ect. Ect...

Steering away from the licensed companies for the moment. This needs a fully Lego touch. XD

Hmm I got one based off the classic space theme as well as the Lego Movie. A computer/robot diagnostic unit from the 80s called "Benny 2003" Made by a company called "Cosmic Logic" it being named after Benny is due to how he is my fave space character outside M-Tron (want a M-Tron buddy for Benny in the next Lego Movie!!) and the computer brand Tandy (their computers were often numbered I had a Tandy 4000 myself) It even has the Space logo on it. Yes I'm making custom decal designs these are a supprise and I'll be sure to link to the Moc once it is done.

Stafford Engines is a brand that first appeared in Agents (named after Lego designer Mark Stafford) and reappeared on the uniform of the CMF Race Car Driver. Another "flaming wrench" logo also appears on the CMF Race Car Driver, Mechanic, and Motorcycle Mechanic, but I don't think we know a brand name associated with it.

The actual "City" logo (from Lego City) appears to be an automobile brand in the Lego City theme, as evidenced by its recent prevalence on the grills of cars and trucks.

Those are all I can think of at the moment.

Thats good to know for any of my later Vehicle mocs. For my current one I'm doing a play off GMC with LMC. Lego Motor company. XD Too bad they didn't do such a joke for the Delorean Time Machin set. It's Grill just feels a tad weak with out a brand badge.

There where some reoccurring logos in the 80s-90s, like this one for transportation http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=4864apx13#T=C

But I think Octan was the only one that had a name. The box and arrow one once came on a sticker sheet for an idea book that also had some yellow stickers that said 'international transport' but I don't think that was supposed to be the name.

If you look at the City Square 60097 set, it has a Coffee Chain stand(same cup logo as in the Lego movie, although the staff member has a different apron design to Larry the barista but in same colours), a City branded service centre/car showroom & an Auto Service 24-7 tow truck which has the same logo as the 60081 Pickup Tow Truck.

Plus of course a Lego shop.

The Pizza delivery man included in the set has a City Pizza logo printed on his back.

Do any of those count?

If you look at the City Square 60097 set, it has a Coffee Chain stand(same cup logo as in the Lego movie, although the staff member has a different apron design to Larry the barista but in same colours), a City branded service centre/car showroom & an Auto Service 24-7 tow truck which has the same logo as the 60081 Pickup Tow Truck.

Plus of course a Lego shop.

The Pizza delivery man included in the set has a City Pizza logo printed on his back.

Do any of those count?

They Count. Hmm would you say Brickolini's Pizza is a brand name? :laugh:

The 60026 has City Pizza, and I remember the buses having Transport logos. The 2009 sets had a workshop branding. And everyone know trains have the arrows. There's also CITY Service from the 60054, and CITY Towing in the 60056. Also, there's CB City Bank, and Tele (a telecom company, I believe) in the 60084. This is how I believe it: CITY is an intergalactic (they're the ones who funded the Classic Space and the other space sets) mega company with multiple branches, like Service, Towing, Bank, Tele, Cars, OctanShellExxon and other divisions. They're also the franchise owners for Toys R Us stores in the LEGO world, operate the trains, and own the LEGO stores. However, there's one thing that's not owned by them: the government. The government is a separate thing. So the elections aren't rigged, which is good.

The 60026 has City Pizza, and I remember the buses having Transport logos. The 2009 sets had a workshop branding. And everyone know trains have the arrows. There's also CITY Service from the 60054, and CITY Towing in the 60056. Also, there's CB City Bank, and Tele (a telecom company, I believe) in the 60084. This is how I believe it: CITY is an intergalactic (they're the ones who funded the Classic Space and the other space sets) mega company with multiple branches, like Service, Towing, Bank, Tele, Cars, OctanShellExxon and other divisions. They're also the franchise owners for Toys R Us stores in the LEGO world, operate the trains, and own the LEGO stores. However, there's one thing that's not owned by them: the government. The government is a separate thing. So the elections aren't rigged, which is good.

That sounds quite read into. I think City is it's own company in the Lego universe as such while they funded Classic Space in the beginning they don't own it. Seeing City is primarily a car and vehicle company it would make more sense that they are more like the human world big 3. GMC, Ford, and Chrysler They may have more conections and businesses to their name but they aren't the only conglomerate out there. As for the Toys R Us ownership they own themselves linke IRL.

Edited by Plokman

They Count.

Really? I was going to mention LEGO but as it's a real brand and you specifically asked about fictional ones, I didn't say it. If you're including real brands, I think Ferrari and Shell have appeared in LEGO sets.

Are you also counting fictional brands used under licence by TLG? If so, there's Kwik-E-Mart, Powersauce, Buzz Cola, Jack Pot, Itchy and Scratchy, and Squishies all from Simpsons sets.

Really? I was going to mention LEGO but as it's a real brand and you specifically asked about fictional ones, I didn't say it. If you're including real brands, I think Ferrari and Shell have appeared in LEGO sets.

Are you also counting fictional brands used under licence by TLG? If so, there's Kwik-E-Mart, Powersauce, Buzz Cola, Jack Pot, Itchy and Scratchy, and Squishies all from Simpsons sets.

We I'd rather not use any company Lego doesn't have the rights too fully. They may not always have The simpsons sets so those are right out and Shell was replaced by Octan since it was a license.