Cjd223

Cavegod UCS AT-AT Instructions | "Walker Assault"

On 1/24/2017 at 9:55 PM, EdBorg said:

atat leg.jpg

Hey,

i am interested to build those legs. Could you please send me the instruction? I hope you will read this and i think we can work something out.

Edited by Sizacionel

For questions about the leg build manual, u can e-mail me at: ed.borg@casema.nl

Regards,

Edborg

3 hours ago, Sizacionel said:

Send you an email but I get the “Mail delivery failed” error.

It’s likely since you are a new member and have yet to meet the preliminary post quota to use the messaging system.

2 hours ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

It’s likely since you are a new member and have yet to meet the preliminary post quota to use the messaging system.

Ok thank you. Hmm thats not so good ^^ but I have contact him from my own privat email Account that’s what’s so weird.

Edited by Sizacionel

On 3/26/2019 at 7:21 PM, EdBorg said:

Don't know. I received mail today. so my mailbox works. :)

Hey mate are you still active?

2 hours ago, Sizacionel said:

Hey mate are you still active?

He last visited March 30, I doubt it.

Is it possible to purchase just the digital files (without the instructions)?

I bought the instructions for the Sandcrawler, but had to backtrack so many times using them that I gave up and now building from the digital model.

Hi,

Yes i also have a digital LDD file for the legs. Please personal mail me at: ed.borg@casema.nl

I am sure we can work something out.

may I ask what the price is for the modified legs instruction ?

Edited by medu

11 hours ago, medu said:

may I ask what the price is for the modified legs instruction ?

The modified legs do not have an instruction manual yet at the time of this writing but they will be released within the next few months when I renovate the AT-AT manual.

On 10/4/2019 at 7:11 AM, Cjd223 said:

The modified legs do not have an instruction manual yet at the time of this writing but they will be released within the next few months when I renovate the AT-AT manual.

Oooh! Haven't built mine yet. Will that include an updated build in general? Will I get an updated manual if I already purchased the old one?

PS. What are the approximate dimensions for the finished AT-AT? Need to know what size a shelf I need. :)

Greetings
I have collected the parts for this build and I have come across an issue I was hoping you could help me with.
The parts list ask for 4 dark bluish grey technic bricks with holes (2730 ) ( 2 on page 8 and 2 on page 11 of the instructions )
This part does not come in dark bluish grey, and I was wondering what you could suggest as a replacement for this part.
I'm not sure if anything connects into the holes of this brick, and if not can it be replaced with a 1x10 dbg brick
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Cheers
Sebastion

6 hours ago, unclesebby said:

Greetings
I have collected the parts for this build and I have come across an issue I was hoping you could help me with.
The parts list ask for 4 dark bluish grey technic bricks with holes (2730 ) ( 2 on page 8 and 2 on page 11 of the instructions )
This part does not come in dark bluish grey, and I was wondering what you could suggest as a replacement for this part.
I'm not sure if anything connects into the holes of this brick, and if not can it be replaced with a 1x10 dbg brick
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Cheers
Sebastion

If it cannot be seen any colour is fine use black like i did.

Greetings

Thanks for that

Do you have any photos of how the legs attach to the body. I am not sure what connects to what in the instructions.

Thanks very much for your help

Cheers

Sebastion

Some news for everyone,

I am currently working on remastering the AT-AT instruction manual. A lot of work has been completed aside from the legs and body.

A few final things I could use some info/help with are as followed:

• @EdBorg's Leg Design. I saw the redesigned technic legs done by MajorBricks, which shows the design. I tried to get in touch with Edborg but have not gotten a response. I'm curious about the differences between the two designs and which works better. In the case that it is Edborg's, it would be amazing if someone could help me get a hold of either Edborg or the plans.

• Has anyone had much trouble with the body or panels? Also interested in any mods done to the main body to make it sturdier. I see some builders have been able to really reinforce it to make it easier to hold while attaching legs. I've also read about certain parts that help the panels stay together in the past, but I cannot seem to find or remember them in specific (Something about the 3298 slopes maybe?). I know there are issues with the step order of some of the body assembly, this will be addressed in the remaster.

• A Base. I am planning on designing a base for the model as a separate manual booklet included with the AT-AT. I know a lot of builders have had trouble with positioning the feet and all conclude that placing them on studs makes a big difference. The base will likely include guidelines for placing the feet on flat plates, as well as an elaborate Hoth surface design for those who want a really polished model display. Of course, this does mean the legs need to be placed in a specific way. If anyone has details about the spacing between all of the feet it would be incredibly helpful. Right now I've been digging through photos and trying to count minuscule studs.

• Neck and head mods. I've seen the redesigned neck which includes the technic hinge to make the head more posable as well as the covering for the back of the head, I am planning to include it in the remaster.

• And of course I am going to dig through the parts list and modify parts to make the model more affordable.

Of course, anyone who previously purchased the manual will be given the updated version and the base/display designs.

If anyone has anything to add to these I'm all ears. Much easier to make necessary changes now and include them all in one update.

1 hour ago, Cjd223 said:

Some news for everyone,

I am currently working on remastering the AT-AT instruction manual. A lot of work has been completed aside from the legs and body.

A few final things I could use some info/help with are as followed:

• @EdBorg's Leg Design. I saw the redesigned technic legs done by MajorBricks, which shows the design. I tried to get in touch with Edborg but have not gotten a response. I'm curious about the differences between the two designs and which works better. In the case that it is Edborg's, it would be amazing if someone could help me get a hold of either Edborg or the plans.

• Has anyone had much trouble with the body or panels? Also interested in any mods done to the main body to make it sturdier. I see some builders have been able to really reinforce it to make it easier to hold while attaching legs. I've also read about certain parts that help the panels stay together in the past, but I cannot seem to find or remember them in specific (Something about the 3298 slopes maybe?). I know there are issues with the step order of some of the body assembly, this will be addressed in the remaster.

• A Base. I am planning on designing a base for the model as a separate manual booklet included with the AT-AT. I know a lot of builders have had trouble with positioning the feet and all conclude that placing them on studs makes a big difference. The base will likely include guidelines for placing the feet on flat plates, as well as an elaborate Hoth surface design for those who want a really polished model display. Of course, this does mean the legs need to be placed in a specific way. If anyone has details about the spacing between all of the feet it would be incredibly helpful. Right now I've been digging through photos and trying to count minuscule studs.

• Neck and head mods. I've seen the redesigned neck which includes the technic hinge to make the head more posable as well as the covering for the back of the head, I am planning to include it in the remaster.

• And of course I am going to dig through the parts list and modify parts to make the model more affordable.

Of course, anyone who previously purchased the manual will be given the updated version and the base/display designs.

If anyone has anything to add to these I'm all ears. Much easier to make necessary changes now and include them all in one update.

Hey tmrw i can mail you some pictures of my snow base, its the same like brickvaults

It's been a long time since I did this but here is my Flickr album with a foot placement photo.

DSC01167

I though I had better base pictures but this will have to do for now. I mixed in some Trans-blue tiles and some gray to liven up the all-white base.

46492560535_7fe9e6da92_b.jpg

This is wonderful news! This is THE most accurate AT-AT but it could use some freshening up when it comes to sturdiness and updated parts. I’m hyped! :)