Cjd223

Cavegod UCS AT-AT Instructions | "Walker Assault"

For anyone who's interested I've just completed a UCS Delta Shuttle 3000 pieces

11 minutes ago, tismabrick said:

Oh dear ;) Do you have a link, pictures?

There's a couple in my Flickr Still waiting on bricklink orders to finnish the real Moc

Edited by cavegod

Note to everyone who previously purchased the AT-AT Manual: I had just sent out all of the emails I could based on my paypal history. Due to limitations of how far back I could go as well as Ebay listings I could not find everyone. If you did not receive an email from me about downloading the new manual bundle for free, but had purchased the old manual from me in the past, please PM me or shoot an email to alloutbrick@gmail.com so I can get your download instructions over to you!

3 hours ago, cavegod said:

For anyone who's interested I've just completed a UCS Delta Shuttle 3000 pieces

Keep an eye out for this one!

Edited by Cjd223

Downloaded the instructions today (bought them several years ago, haven't had the space to build it and I'm still not sure I do). Looks awesome, good job! :)

Hey guys,

I used Cjd223s rebrickable parts list for bricklink and ordered all the parts for this model. I noticed one thing on my wanted list though. I didn't choose a color for the parts which had "Not Applicable" as their color and I noticed that the "Wanted List" counted the colored parts also as the "Not Applicable" parts. For example, I order 20 Light Bluish Grey 2x2 Bricks, they are counted as 20 Light Bluish Grey 2x2 Bricks AND as 20 Not Applicable Bricks, and that's not the outcome I want out of the "Wanted List", because it now ordered less bricks than needed. Is this a common problem with bricklink Wanted Lists ? Would it be advisable to choose a color for the "Not Applicable" pieces beforehand ?

Otherwise I got almost all pieces together and I am REALLY looking forward to building this monstrum :)

@BobaFett1337 I created my wanted list for this set this weekend and I didn't have this problem. I think there was a lot in a color that didn't exist but that's it.

However, I used the XML file that came with the instructions. Is it possible that there is a small bug with the rebrickable list?

Edited by l0renZo

7 hours ago, BobaFett1337 said:

Hey guys,

I used Cjd223s rebrickable parts list for bricklink and ordered all the parts for this model. I noticed one thing on my wanted list though. I didn't choose a color for the parts which had "Not Applicable" as their color and I noticed that the "Wanted List" counted the colored parts also as the "Not Applicable" parts. For example, I order 20 Light Bluish Grey 2x2 Bricks, they are counted as 20 Light Bluish Grey 2x2 Bricks AND as 20 Not Applicable Bricks, and that's not the outcome I want out of the "Wanted List", because it now ordered less bricks than needed. Is this a common problem with bricklink Wanted Lists ? Would it be advisable to choose a color for the "Not Applicable" pieces beforehand ?

Otherwise I got almost all pieces together and I am REALLY looking forward to building this monstrum :)

Hm. I had not run into that issue. When I did the Buy all function through bricklink it ordered everything properly. Must have been a bug in the system if you did auto select. If this is the case I always double check the value listed above all of the carts (where it would say 8,935/8,935). I can look into the problem if the problem occurs for others as well.

Hey @Cjd223,

I think I found a little mistake in the instruction or maybe I am seeing something wrong. On Page 284 there is a Dark bluish gray Slope 2x2 attached to the plate and on the next step, the 1x2 Slope attached right next to it, is in Light Bluish Gray. Is this intended, or are they supposed to be in the same color ?

Edit: I found another thing. On page 300 between steps 16 and 17, there is a 2x1 brick with grille attached to the bottom on the neck, and then on step 17 it disappears and a 2x1 brick with axle hole is being placed.

Edited by BobaFett1337

On 10/25/2020 at 8:37 AM, BobaFett1337 said:

Hey @Cjd223,

I think I found a little mistake in the instruction or maybe I am seeing something wrong. On Page 284 there is a Dark bluish gray Slope 2x2 attached to the plate and on the next step, the 1x2 Slope attached right next to it, is in Light Bluish Gray. Is this intended, or are they supposed to be in the same color ?

Edit: I found another thing. On page 300 between steps 16 and 17, there is a 2x1 brick with grille attached to the bottom on the neck, and then on step 17 it disappears and a 2x1 brick with axle hole is being placed.

Right I know what you are talking about. This is not an error unless I am completely mistaken. The very original LDDs as well as the updated ones both had that slope as LBG. I know it make seem like a mistake or a bit funky, but as far as I'm concerned it is the way it is supposed to be.

Oh i see, thanks for your answer.

I just finished building the body including the head and the sides and I am now making my way to the legs. The instructions are great so far. Some things are a bit tricky to attach, but other than that it's going great. Once I finished this beauty, I will be posting some pictures.

Just one more quick question if you don't mind. Would you say glueing the feet/ankles, like advised in the instructions, is necessary if I want to display the AT-AT on the base ? Or is it just a recommendation out of experience ?

19 hours ago, BobaFett1337 said:

Just one more quick question if you don't mind. Would you say glueing the feet/ankles, like advised in the instructions, is necessary if I want to display the AT-AT on the base ? Or is it just a recommendation out of experience ?

It's not mandatory, but it is definitely a strong recommendation because by gluing the few parts the instructions highlights the ankles become much more durable. The only stability concern in the legs is the point where the feet and ankle attach to the upper portion of the leg (Where the leg is able to pivot), this is the best solution to eliminate that weakness while keeping the design as accurate as possible.

Did you use glue and if yes could you mark the area in the picture?

Edited by tismabrick

very impressive

the MF is almost invisible under the table, it might deserve another place to be displayed then...

What a beauty!
I'm waiting for a few part orders before starting mine. I was able to contain myself, but seeing yours, I have trouble containing my haste.

Great job mate!

Hi guys, 

hate to drop in on this thread, but are the instructions still for sale? I wrote 2 mails, wanting to buy them but never got an answer. Since i can’t pm cjd223 directly could someone tell me how to buy them?

Thanks a lot!