Cjd223

Cavegod UCS AT-AT Instructions | "Walker Assault"

Hi Guys, first time poster, found this forum from following the link from rebricable.com.

Are the instructions still available, I would love to have a go at building this version?

Hi There. Where can i buy the LEGO Set MOC-4042 - Cavegod UCS AT-AT Instructions? Please let me know. Thank you.

Hi there, i finish building the AT-AT. amazing model. the only problem is the legs, these are just to weak to support the weight of the model. So i re-designed the lower and upper part of the legs.

The are much stronger and better looking (i think).

All so  made a manual for it, so i can re-build it in the future.

atat leg.jpg

All so made a interior with lights and minifigs :classic:

atat by edborg.jpg

Edited by EdBorg

I'm maybe a little bit out of topic, but as Cavegod's AT-AT is too big for a minifig-scale AT-AT, I think it will be a perfect size for a minifig AT-ACT with some modifications ;)

Ramses25

On February 27, 2016 at 11:01 PM, lanesteele240 said:

That is not the way to go about this build. You will do the head/neck and then want to do the rest. The problem with this is that the rare parts are getting more and rare. I had to do 5 orders to get 10 2695 used wheels. Some guy had a bunch but he wanted Over 5 dollars each. The price for new ones was 7 on up. So basicly buy the rare parts first. I have a few more to get. I wish i would have waited on this advice

Is it possible to replace 2695 with 69208

Edited by apoupada

On 1/25/2017 at 0:02 PM, Ramses25 said:

I'm maybe a little bit out of topic, but as Cavegod's AT-AT is too big for a minifig-scale AT-AT, I think it will be a perfect size for a minifig AT-ACT with some modifications ;)

Ramses25

According to my calculations if a mini-fig equals 5'10" (1.78m) an AT-AT should measure a little under 19", an At-st should be 7.6" and an At-ACT should be 26.87". If a minifig equals 6' then AT-AT should be 18.45", at-st 7.4" and a at-act 26.125". There's another AT-AT moc that I saw that is about 20" that I'm considering building instead of this one even though i bought the instructions already.

I have thought about making modifications for an AT-ACT since for the most part the instructions would stay the same other than the head, side panels, and some greebling details.

On February 3, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Cjd223 said:

I have thought about making modifications for an AT-ACT since for the most part the instructions would stay the same other than the head, side panels, and some greebling details.

I would be curious to see that

On January 24, 2017 at 3:55 PM, EdBorg said:

Hi there, i finish building the AT-AT. amazing model. the only problem is the legs, these are just to weak to support the weight of the model. So i re-designed the lower and upper part of the legs.

The are much stronger and better looking (i think).

All so  made a manual for it, so i can re-build it in the future.

atat leg.jpg

All so made a interior with lights and minifigs :classic:

atat by edborg.jpg

Would you mind sharing your instructions?

On 2/3/2017 at 9:38 AM, apoupada said:

According to my calculations if a mini-fig equals 5'10" (1.78m) an AT-AT should measure a little under 19", an At-st should be 7.6" and an At-ACT should be 26.87". If a minifig equals 6' then AT-AT should be 18.45", at-st 7.4" and a at-act 26.125". There's another AT-AT moc that I saw that is about 20" that I'm considering building instead of this one even though i bought the instructions already.

Im fairly certain the AT-ST should be an inch taller if minifigure scale.

On 2/10/2017 at 1:29 AM, Forresto said:

Im fairly certain the AT-ST should be an inch taller if minifigure scale.

If my math is correct, AT-St comes should be around 7.4"-7.6". Depending where you look the height of an AT-ST differs (Starwars.com has it at 8.6M = 338.58" or Rogue One visual Guide 9.04M = 356") If a minifig is equivalent to 5'10" or 70". It means then AT-St should be 5.085 times bigger the mini-fig (356"/70"). The mini-fig's height is 1.5" at 5.085 times bigger the AT-ST should be 7.4". If the minifig equates to 6' then it should have a height of 7.4"

Edited by apoupada

On 6/23/2016 at 0:41 PM, skybert80 said:

See the post above your own, Cjd223 is the one who made the instructions.

We can see the removed email in your quote, might want to change that.

(Not trying to be rude, sorry!)

On 11-2-2017 at 8:15 PM, EdBorg said:

Just send me a PM and i'm sure we can work something out.

Please read my PM! :D Thanks

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:02 PM, Ramses25 said:

Ramses25

Only the (hopefully near) future will tell :wink: also working on some modified legs for the manual :grin:

Does anyone know what all the black 1x6 tiles are for in the build (according to Cjd223's rebrickable page)? I couldn't find it anywhere.

This thread is kind of old but I figure I'd give it a shot - how and where do I purchase the AT-AT CaveGod instructions?  The link on Rebrickable shoots me to this forum.  Thanks

12 minutes ago, Negrese said:

This thread is kind of old but I figure I'd give it a shot - how and where do I purchase the AT-AT CaveGod instructions?  The link on Rebrickable shoots me to this forum.  Thanks

The first post in this thread has how to purchase the instructions.

On 03/02/2017 at 3:38 PM, apoupada said:

According to my calculations if a mini-fig equals 5'10" (1.78m) an AT-AT should measure a little under 19",

I still think it's terribly wrong to compute a minifig scale according to a minifig height. I still believe the key is the size of the head.

Minifig is often estimated to be 1:42 based on height, but if you put a minifig next to any 1:48 model kit of vehicle or person, it feels extremely wrong.

I believe the correct scale is around 1:30, and if you put a minifig next to a 1:30 person, yes it looks like a kid or midget, but it doesn't look out of place.

I had made a little comparison here, with Bandai's 1:48 AT-ST. Granted it's 1:48, not 1:42, but the wookies really don't feel like they're the same scale at all. And again, I believe it's mainly from the size of the head, because the features of a face is what we go directly for, what we recognize instantly, that you mainly judge the scale.

MinifigScale.jpg

Another point of comparison: in "realistic" anime, when a character sometimes goes chibi, he scales down. If he wasn't, if his height was preserved & he was just getting chubby & cute, he wouldn't look right.
le-college-fou-fou-fou_1298826_1.jpg

I don't know how tall this AT-AT is, but if you think it's too big to be minifig-scaled, it probably is minifig-scaled. Most important is to keep it consistant & have all vehicles in the same scale once you've picked one, though. I know my AT-ST is around 1:30, I still believe it's the most fitting for minifigs, even if they look like midgets around it.

On 14/02/2017 at 7:11 PM, apoupada said:

Depending where you look the height of an AT-ST differs (Starwars.com has it at 8.6M = 338.58" or Rogue One visual Guide 9.04M = 356")

When you start playing with the articulation of an AT-ST, you quickly understand that you can't tell "the height of an AT-ST", I wouldn't even know what's the normal/resting pose of an AT-ST. I don't know of blueprints with measurements, though. And who even knows if the scale is consistant through all of the shots in the movie, they may not have cared that much afterall. (but Bandai probably got the metrics right from better sources than us)

Edited by anothergol