michaelozzie

[WIP] Imperial Shuttle

A little project I have been working on. Basically I was going to get the Lego Shuttle Tyderium but was a bit put off by the cockpit design. So I thought I might build my own and try and capture a more accurate look of the nose. So far most is done and I will brick build the wings later rather than keeping the plates, as funds become available offcourse.

23108928781_32fb4b9f0c.jpg

22679265898_9905ea8cb9.jpg

21977043024_cd8d1accda.jpgImperial shuttle WIP.

Edited by michaelozzie

That looks really nice. I've been tempted for a while to BL the UCS Shuttle but might go for modding the Tydirium.

The size of this version is really nice and that nose and cockpit looks great.

pretty good, but why have you replaced the single-piece windscreen? You still have it in your previous pictures, it looks better with the slight curve IMHO.

edit: ah ok, you went from 6 to 8 studs, makes sense. Probably the best it can be, then.

Edited by anothergol

Thanks guys. Yeah I found the 6 wide windscreen made the cockpit too narrow so its a compromise losing the curved edges to gain the better scale. It would be nice to one day see TLG bring out an 8 wide windscreen piece.

This is excellent! You've practically nailed the look of the cockpit IMO (or as close as it can get with the available parts). I would really like to follow your cockpit build for my own Tydirium, so if you're willing to share the instructions or build process I'll be very thrilled.

While I do not have the UCS version, I feel like with all the different mods shared in this forum, one can make the Tydirium actually look better than the UCS. It'll be at a more manageable size and still have play features too.

Nicely done!

The Lambda cockpit section has always been particularly difficult to properly achieve with LEGO elements, but you have done a fantastic job. This is inspiring me to mod my 10212 cockpit from the windscreen forward. I like how you used the 1x8 with rail and trans black cheese wedges to make the windscreen pillar. Thanks for the photos!

This is absolutely amazing. It would be so helpful for me if you gave me an instruction or at least a view from inside of the cockpit.

It's an older MOC sir, but it checks out :laugh:

Actually I never posted finished pictures of this on here...ooops.

So here it is and a view from underneath the cockpit section. Hope this helps out.

29057327501_c72fc43f28_c.jpgImperial shuttle by Michael, on Flickr

28515690193_5cb7fb886a_c.jpgImperial shuttle by Michael, on Flickr

29029126512_fa7200b865_c.jpgImperial shuttle by Michael, on Flickr

29029126012_8694cbd2a9_c.jpgImperial shuttle by Michael, on Flickr

Sometime down the track I will probably change it to having brick-built wings like on the UCS version.

Edited by michaelozzie