billyamy

[WIP] Trying to modify my Millennium Falcon

Dameronian and Robianco, thx for your suggestion.

Day 29-30

Take out some bar and adjust the detail

75E2CFC2-94C4-48BD-BB3F-4153448987E1_zpsl0zm5rzl.jpg

A513EB41-42B5-448C-A486-8A01D8708CF7_zpsvmxhntnq.jpg

C8616A12-6EDF-49CD-95E0-AFBA32A370B0_zpsjophdoxq.jpg

A2BFC7E6-4404-4530-9C9A-BBED7C9AA4EF_zpsuddeluyp.jpg

49399398-5EA7-4E62-A27C-A9C988218FB3_zpstonofyfp.jpg

E8E9DCDB-E725-400B-9788-7C6CE49287AD_zpsqus3qsfs.jpg

Edited by billyamy

Wow, that is so impressive man. Looks like a perfect UCS Mini-Version (or even better)! Especially the greebling detail inside the front and rear holes :wub:

I want those building instructions now! :laugh:

Nice! Are you going to do a basic interior?

Have you started the underside yet?

Edit:Just realised there is a minion in the cockpit HaHa

Edited by Joe7218

Yes, I am thinking the edge of the underside. It affect the edge design.

About interior, maybe I will put 20 minions inside. Haha!

Yes, I am thinking the edge of the underside. It affect the edge design.

About interior, maybe I will put 20 minions inside. Haha!

HaHa

Definitely! The only minor detail that kinda feels off are the blue plates around the engines and the side.

Maybe exchanging them with black ones would make them more subtle.

Definitely! The only minor detail that kinda feels off are the blue plates around the engines and the side.

Maybe exchanging them with black ones would make them more subtle.

Yes, need to buy some grey.

Day 35,36

fine tune the detail and change the concussion missile tube joint

Still waiting for the parts

F9B0E068-782C-45C0-B367-5F8DF7852F28_zpse9v2d9ot.jpg

DE66CACE-123D-420C-8C12-B9B08A8E62F8_zps9agwofi9.jpg

7E52A828-6534-4D94-8312-A38BFD6E556C_zpsci2wth5n.jpg

A9797797-90D8-4180-8539-043A15E38C39_zpskhl3n3xv.jpg

1E3B4914-CA5A-41C9-98BA-88F58058B7C8_zps6gtwxzli.jpg

707F201E-E41D-4D51-9B99-30EC0B262718_zpsis1pgwlr.jpg

B0E3479D-CE42-4C79-8B74-356F5B851F13_zps7nuz1pvy.jpg

Edited by billyamy

Im sorry, but I am afraid I will have to insist of you handing out an LDD file, parts list and building instructions for this thing. It just looks too good :laugh:

Im sorry, but I am afraid I will have to insist of you handing out an LDD file, parts list and building instructions for this thing. It just looks too good :laugh:

Hi BigEI

I am sorry,could you tell me what is LDD?

I am very new in modify Lego.

Maybe I can take them apart and post more close up photos after I finish. Just like my other mod post in eurobrick.

Edited by billyamy

LDD is Lego Digital Designer, a program that can be used to design and build Lego. Advantage is that you dont need real bricks, can experiment with it all you want and have some sort of blueprint for designs you can take apart, which more or less automatically include a parts list and instruction manual.

Problem is that you need to rebuild the whole thing in the program... :grin:

But hey, more detailed photos of the construction and connections are always useful and appreciated too :wink:

LDD is Lego Digital Designer, a program that can be used to design and build Lego. Advantage is that you dont need real bricks, can experiment with it all you want and have some sort of blueprint for designs you can take apart, which more or less automatically include a parts list and instruction manual.

Problem is that you need to rebuild the whole thing in the program... :grin:

But hey, more detailed photos of the construction and connections are always useful and appreciated too :wink:

That means I don't need to buy so many parts which I didn't use in the end.

Checking back after some time - nice progress! I'd have several suggestions though:

Top dish (where that 8x8 round tile used to be) looks to dark and somewhat fragmented. You really should try brick built version like it is on UCS falcon. that would make for smoother circle and ultimately better look.

back side seems still a bit 'overgreebled' to me. some of these dark grey brackets stick out to much so does that grey horse hitching on the right side... I understand your intention to capture most possible detail but with all these tubes and bits being oversized for given scale, to implement them isn't always the best option.

Last but very important - that section beneath the cockpit (where the corridor is) looks extremely bulky from the side. Given that the cockpit is already oversized for this scale, this excessively big section makes it look even more disproportional. Is there any reason for making it that big? Interior asisle I guess? Not sure it it's beneficial :/

Checking back after some time - nice progress! I'd have several suggestions though:

Top dish (where that 8x8 round tile used to be) looks to dark and somewhat fragmented. You really should try brick built version like it is on UCS falcon. that would make for smoother circle and ultimately better look.

back side seems still a bit 'overgreebled' to me. some of these dark grey brackets stick out to much so does that grey horse hitching on the right side... I understand your intention to capture most possible detail but with all these tubes and bits being oversized for given scale, to implement them isn't always the best option.

Last but very important - that section beneath the cockpit (where the corridor is) looks extremely bulky from the side. Given that the cockpit is already oversized for this scale, this excessively big section makes it look even more disproportional. Is there any reason for making it that big? Interior asisle I guess? Not sure it it's beneficial :/

Yes, the top circle is too dark. I am waiting the light grey parts from brickowl for the top.