ER0L

MOCs: James Bond 007 Movie Cars

Hi all,

I've built some James Bond 007 movie cars recently. Being a big Roger Moore fan I always wanted to build one of his nice Lotus Esprits, however, this proved to be more difficult than I had thought. Anyway, I finally found a way to build the frontend without using curved slopes which don't meet the shape of a Lotus Esprit. Now this is the Lotus S1 from the movie "The Spy Who Loved Me":

21848876990_0652a6b0b4_z.jpg

The model is built in a 1/35 scale which I'm actually preferring for passenger car purposes. A scale of about 1/40 would be better regarding the minifigs, however, it seems to be very difficult to get good-looking sports cars at such a scale. Plus a scale of 1/35 still allows you to fit in a minifig without mutilating it:

21413794454_6ea89d59c9_z.jpg

Anyhow this Lotus Esprit might be among the smallest and lowest you may find in minifig scale.

After that I also wanted to have the Lotus Esprit Turbo with the iconic skis from the film "For Your Eyes Only". Of course, the colour doesn't match the original plus I had to take the older mudguards here, but I was able to build a better backend on this one:

21902589669_7bb72cd059_z.jpg

22046207516_88bc78d235_z.jpg

Now I wanted to see what this setting would look like with the newer mudguards. Fortunately, there's another Lotus Esprit Turbo in "For Your Eyes Only" - a white one which didn't last long due to the most stupid burglary protection Q ever developed. I also found a way to add a proper rear-view mirror on this one:

21813718424_afc4a8fd16_z.jpg

Of course, the most important and most famous version was still missing which was built some days ago. I just had to think about a way to mimic the boat-like understructure which is built upside-down:

22413693583_2a143fddb0_z.jpg

More pics of the several Bond Esprits on my Flickr.

Still, there are some more Bond related car MOCs. Some of you guys may know the Rolls-Royce from the movie "Goldfinger" which was built to go with the Aston Martin DB5 from last year:

21726113416_d94d9a3eab_z.jpg

Being a James Bond fan there'll probably some more 007 MOCs in the future. Thanks for looking!

WOW!! Those are soooooo epic!! That submarine has some nice techniques!!

Looking good.

Especially the red car is great, cool rims too,

and I like the Rolls and the sub-version

(only ... what's that weird red thing doing on it?)

Oh my gosh! a year or so ago, I bought the entire boxed set, and watched through them. I love the old Bond movies, and got to enjoy seeing the cars properly, and appreciating them. Your moc's are amazingly detailed for the fact they are minifig scale, and represent their counterparts exceptionally well.

I absolutely love the Lotus and the DB5, I think you absolutely nailed them! You might have struggled with the front of the Lotus, but I can certianly say you nailed the shaping really well. Not to mention the Rolls from Goldfinger. Really nice version of the submarine Lotus too!

That DB5 front grille/bonnet... :wub:

I can completely understand if you'd want to keep these 'babies' yours, but what are the chances of instructions or an LDD file for these?

WOW!! Those are soooooo epic!! That submarine has some nice techniques!!

Thank you!

Looking good.

Especially the red car is great, cool rims too,

and I like the Rolls and the sub-version

(only ... what's that weird red thing doing on it?)

Thanks a lot! The red thing is the tip of the built-in anti-helicopter weapon system. :wink:

So cool! :wub:

Thank you!

Nice collection here.

They are indeed very well done ! :classic:

Thanks a lot!

Oh my gosh! a year or so ago, I bought the entire boxed set, and watched through them. I love the old Bond movies, and got to enjoy seeing the cars properly, and appreciating them. Your moc's are amazingly detailed for the fact they are minifig scale, and represent their counterparts exceptionally well.

I absolutely love the Lotus and the DB5, I think you absolutely nailed them! You might have struggled with the front of the Lotus, but I can certianly say you nailed the shaping really well. Not to mention the Rolls from Goldfinger. Really nice version of the submarine Lotus too!

That DB5 front grille/bonnet... :wub:

I can completely understand if you'd want to keep these 'babies' yours, but what are the chances of instructions or an LDD file for these?

Glad you like them that much, nice to meet another 007 fan! Regarding instructions: There are none, sorry - not so much because I want to keep the models for myself, but because making instructions would take a lot of time which I rather use to build something else. However, if somebody really wants to build a certain car, actually tries to do so and has some special questions - no problem to contact me via Flickr.

Great recreations as usual ER0L, the flat panels and angles are perfect for the older cars. Are you taking requests for Bond cars, I wouldn't mind seeing your version of a DBS - before and after the record breaking roll :grin:

Real great creations indeed. I like how sleek and beautiful these two-door sport cars which was inspired by James Bond movies. Well done. Thanks for sharing with us.

These are excellent! Especially that Lotus. Keep up the good work.

Thank you!

Wow! These are awesome!

Glad you like them!

Great recreations as usual ER0L, the flat panels and angles are perfect for the older cars. Are you taking requests for Bond cars, I wouldn't mind seeing your version of a DBS - before and after the record breaking roll :grin:

Thanks a lot! - DBS: The latter is easier, I guess ... :wink: In fact I have no clue how to build the (newer) DBS with its streamline headlights. However, there's the original DBS, driven by George Lazenby in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" ...

Real great creations indeed. I like how sleek and beautiful these two-door sport cars which was inspired by James Bond movies. Well done. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks a lot!

Excellent. The cars are great, instantly recognizable.

Thank you!

The last two pictures are totally cool ...perfect work! :wub: :wub:

Thanks a lot!

Here is my tribute to 007 :wink:http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=522383

Great! Though I'm no fan of nonlego gear, this is a nice collection of 007 minifigs.

nice, go forward!

Nice work!

(as usual, I'm tempted to say :D)

Many thanks guys!

I must confess I never liked the boxy look of those old Esprits, but you absolutely mastered the design in that scale and now I have an urge to build some copycat models myself. They look amazing and the submarine version especially says "Bond. James Bond." The Aston is beautiful too, especially the grille. Excellent work.

I must confess I never liked the boxy look of those old Esprits, but you absolutely mastered the design in that scale and now I have an urge to build some copycat models myself. They look amazing and the submarine version especially says "Bond. James Bond." The Aston is beautiful too, especially the grille. Excellent work.

Thank you, glad you like them! Looking forward to seeing your versions. :thumbup:

I'm generally not a fan of "unproper builds", but when they look perfect like this (especially the last 4), I don't mind

They're amazingly accurate considering the scale, I've only ever managed to do these using the 8-wide roof slope. Those sharp hood angles are sublime!

I'm generally not a fan of "unproper builds", but when they look perfect like this (especially the last 4), I don't mind

Thank you very much! Btw. there are no improper techniques applied here, no bricks were harmed in the making, there's no glue, it's 100 % Lego.

They're amazingly accurate considering the scale, I've only ever managed to do these using the 8-wide roof slope. Those sharp hood angles are sublime!

Thanks a lot, glad you like them!

Thank you very much! Btw. there are no improper techniques applied here, no bricks were harmed in the making, there's no glue, it's 100 % Lego.

I was talking about things like those 1x6 tiles in the middle of the Aston Martin's hood, unless those are on ball joints inside maybe?

I'm seeing things that I don't think Lego would do in official sets (but I could be wrong, as they now put tiles in clips too), but as I wrote, it doesn't matter when the end result looks this good.